So Disappointed!!!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Okay so I've been on my hair journey for a little while now and my hair has been thriving, this isn't really a setback but its something that could cause setbacks, It all started in December, after stretching for 4 months I relaxed with ORS no-lye mild, barely processed, but I kept strong...I bought the regular ORS LYE (Darn well knowing my hair isn't normal, its VERY THICK and coarse) and I got a so-called "stylist" recommended to me to relax it, the woman just slapped the relaxer on my thick, cottony NG, didn't even smooth anything and left to do another customer's hair, she put other people on my hair the entire time, I didn't wanna piss her off during the hair styling process time so after I was done I let her have it, I gave her a good piece of my mind. She did indeed flat iron it well but when I did my first co-wash, my hair was happy but I am 60% NATURAL!!!

Its not a bad thing but I am NOT looking to go natural, I love straight hair and I plan on being relaxed for a LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna go the extra 2 months until June, but for that time, I'm NOT gonna play, I'm going to buy ORS Lye Mild, go to a good stylist and have her smooth it till it is STRAIGHT, this ain't no joke, my hair is a fighter, so she will have to smooth it bone straight! I don't even want to be texlaxed! Is straight hair too much to ask these days!

Gosh Darnit, Thanks for reading, any tips would be greatly appreciated. HHG

awww... I'm sry to hear that! I have under processed my hair twice with ORS... did u add anything to it? How long did it "sit" there? I can believe she didn't smooth it..:nono:

no straight hair ain't too much to ask for but these days a good stylist is too much to ask for unfortunately..sorry ma but just wait a bit and get a retouch like you stated, i am in the same boat...

Is there a reason you're getting the mild? Cause you if your hair is thick and coarse, I would think mild would just texlax you and give you the straight look you want.

If you have thick and course hair, a mild relaxer isn't the way to go. Get regular strength and don't have a lot of product on your hair before you relax. The more stuff on your newgrowth, the longer it'll take for the relaxer to take. Not only that, but your results may not be uniform if you have a lot of stuff in your hair.

Good luck!

Back