So bummed. Deep Brilliance is a bust for my hair

OnlyErin

Hey, everyone.

Sometimes I don't know what is up with my hair and whether I'm really from Uranus or something, because what seems to work for the majority of peeps is a dud for me. LUST makes my hair look like a cross between Sonic the Hedgehog and the Rev. Al Sharpton, S-Curl does nothing for me, the baggie technique broke off some of my hair, Colorshines turns my hair into the Sahara, and now Deep Brilliance, which I so wanted to like, has dried my hair out like nothing I've ever seen.

I bought the moisturizing shampoo, the moisture shine conditioner, the leave in, the reconstructor and the glisten hair shine. Used the shampoo and the moisture shine first. Right away, I noticed my hair didn't have the slip that my hair heroes Supergirl and Armyqt raved about. I put in the moisture shine for 5 mins, rinsed, and again didn't feel anything special. I tried to comb and
shocked.gif
I haven't had that much hair come out since my great relaxer disaster of about a month ago.

This week, I installed my shower filter (the water in Florida is disgusting), clarified, used the shampoo again, used the reconstructor for 20 mins with heat (says on the container it can be used in this manner). Rinsed. Ick. That's all I can say about it. Ick. Right now my hair seriously feels like straw except for the ends, which I saturated with mango butter.

I so want to do the Keep It Simple challenge, but I can't seem to find the right products for me.
frown.gif
Right now, the only things that are working for me are VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner and mango butter. I guess that's a start.

Still, though, it's disheartening. Adrienne and I have the EXACT same hair type, but all of her product recs have not worked for me, and here's another failure. I feel so hopeless sometimes.

At any rate, I want this Deep Brilliance stuff out of my house. I can't even stand looking at it, it makes me so sad. So, first person to PM me can have everything for $25, including shipping. I have almost all of the shampoo, the moisture shine, the reconstructor, the manage leave in, and the glisten.

OE

Don't feel bad.I am really not liking Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter despite all the rave reviews.I was sooooo excited to get it and I shelled out 45 US with shipping for it and I am thinking of using it on my skin now.

Hi erin.

Im sorry it didnt work for u. however, i think u need to do what me and Leejure do and just use what u KNOW for a fact works for u. Cheap stuff is the BOMB!

I dont even read posts about DB and all that other expensive stuff cause i know the cheap crap i got is worth millions to me.

I do know one thing, u have just made someone's day selling your stuff for only 25 bones!

Hope everything goes well
wave.gif

Re: So bummed. Deep Brilliance is a bust for my ha

How odd, I just tried it and i loved it too.

Sorry Erin
frown.gif

Re: So bummed. Deep Brilliance is a bust for my ha

I tried the moisture & reconstructer conditioner Tues. nite and I didn't like it either. No slip or softness. My hair was really dry. I'm going to give it another chance next month or give it to my mom.

Thanks, guys, for the kind words and support. I cannot say how thrilled I am that DB works for so many people
clap.gif
It seems like a great product, and the stylist who was helping me "shop" raved about them, but I guess just not for me. Ah, well. I hope blaxalrose, who got in first with the request for the products, continues to enjoy. Meanwhile, I think I'll follow anky's lead and use what I've got for awhile and toss the rest. That means the huge-butt bottle of DRC-28 I got and which did nothing for my hair and a host of other goodies, so watch the exchange board soon, ladies.

OE

OnlyErin,

Did you use a clarifying shampoo (to remove all build-up and what not) prior to testing out your Deep Brilliance products?

That sucks that it didn't work....If you're having a hard time finding the right products for you, just start out with the cheaper products so that if you find the wrong thing it won't have cost that much.

Sometimes I wish all these products sold sample sizes! That would ease a lot of our pains!

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
OnlyErin,

Did you use a clarifying shampoo (to remove all build-up and what not) prior to testing out your Deep Brilliance products?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Allandra!

I sure did - the second time around. When I tried the shampoo and moisture shine, I didn't clarify, and thought that I really needed to in order to make a judgment on new products. So this week before I used the DB line, I clarified with my trusty Giovanni Triple Treat shampoo, and still no dice
frown.gif
I looked at the ingredients this morning and think maybe the combination of ingredients maybe just weren't right for my hair. It's weird, because the ingredients themselves are AWESOME.

OE

I stood in JC Penney about 25 minutes, trying to decide on Deep Brilliance or Keracare. I really wanted to try the DB shampoo, but I also never tried the Kera Detangling. I read and compare the labels, not knowing about all the "chemical" names I finally decided not to get the DB cause I saw Protien Like 5 times.

But the good thing about JCP is if you DONT like the product you can return it for a refund... So it turns out my stylist gave samples of the DB line and I purchased teh Keracare if I don't like it I can return it and teh samples were free so I can experiment but sometimes experimenting can have horrendous effects.

Your simple tried and true is the best.

OMG, I can't believe this. I'm sooo sorry this product didn't work for your hair. It's doing wonders for mine. I hate to wash the bounce outta my hair after I use it. So I end up waiting 3 days or more to rewash. I Love DB. Sorry it didn't work for you Erin.

Re: *onlyerin * Deep Brilliance is a bust for my hair

Girl, I agree you need some CHEAP basics:

Cream on Nature or Motions Lavish shampoo
LeKair Cholesteral Plus
Sauve Professionals Humectant
Elasta QP mango butter
Pantene Light Conditioner Spray.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I think the above products can get you well on your way and they are all in the 5-7 dollar range. HTHs

I'm not familiar with what's in Deep Brilliance... but I wonder if there are silicones. My hair hates them... so I stick to things like Keracare Humecto and Aussie Moist Conditioner...the Aussie Moist was like $3.00 and the Humecto was more... I tried a smaller size and my hair really likes it so I bought a 5 lb tub for $30.00. I am thinking over all they are fairly "cheap" products, I agree with SBH, maybe you can get away with less expensive products.

I'm sorry DB didn't work for you. I'm scared to try it .... after my LUST experience-read tangled..hard to comb hair..that felt hard when it dried-. I think I will just stick with what works for me. Maybe these things will work for you too... Have you tried Humecto or Aussie Moist?

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Girl, I agree you need some CHEAP basics:

Cream on Nature or Motions Lavish shampoo
LeKair Cholesteral Plus
Sauve Professionals Humectant
Elasta QP mango butter
Pantene Light Conditioner Spray.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I think the above products can get you well on your way and they are all in the 5-7 dollar range. HTHs

[/ QUOTE ]

That does sound like a good list, though CON hates my hair and my hair doesn't do well with Motions anything. I do have the Pantene spray and love it, but have recently found Revlon's strengthening treatment, which works even better on my hair. The rest, especially the Elasta, will definitely go on my "to try" list.
smile.gif

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not familiar with what's in Deep Brilliance... but I wonder if there are silicones. My hair hates them... so I stick to things like Keracare Humecto

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that Humecto has silicone in it?

[ QUOTE ]
ThursdayGirl said:
I'm not familiar with what's in Deep Brilliance... but I wonder if there are silicones. My hair hates them... so I stick to things like Keracare Humecto and Aussie Moist Conditioner...the Aussie Moist was like $3.00 and the Humecto was more... I tried a smaller size and my hair really likes it so I bought a 5 lb tub for $30.00. I am thinking over all they are fairly "cheap" products, I agree with SBH, maybe you can get away with less expensive products.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair usually does OK with 'cones. DB had a lot of different proteins in it, though. I'm not saying that having a lot of different proteins is bad, per se, but it didn't work for my hair.

I do have Aussie Moist and love it! I find the 3-minute miracle givs more slip, though. I forget why I stopped using these. I think the Moist coated my hair after awhile and made it tangle, even after clarifying. Never had a problem with the 3MM. May need to go back to that.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry DB didn't work for you. I'm scared to try it .... after my LUST experience-read tangled..hard to comb hair..that felt hard when it dried-. I think I will just stick with what works for me. Maybe these things will work for you too... Have you tried Humecto or Aussie Moist?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think LUST is one of those hit or miss products. People who love it REALLY love it, but it really does a number on the hair of people who don't love it. Humecto is a staple conditioner, but I never use it as a deep conditioner, only as a moisturizing treatment after protein conditioners. Hmm. Maybe I'll try it for a bit under the dryer as diviine suggested and see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not familiar with what's in Deep Brilliance... but I wonder if there are silicones. My hair hates them... so I stick to things like Keracare Humecto

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know that Humecto has silicone in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, yeah I did actually, but I'm guessing not as many or its a different kind-but thanks for pointing that out.
smile.gif

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on Deep Brillance. I got great shine from using the products, however I didn't like how they left my hair feeling. My hair felt and looked a little on the dry side. I get much better results with the normal products (Keracare, Pantene, Tropical Avocado, 10 in 1, LUST, Salerm 21) that I use. I will not be repurchasing Deep Brillance.
frown.gif

Back