Skeegesmb

NubianAngel

I've never seen anyone's hair grow so fast! I was just looking at your album because I saw that pic in your avatar and thought "no way" but my jaw dropped when I saw your progress! Your hair will be waste length in another year at this rate. Congratulations, girl.

I see it, but I still don't believe it
shocked.gif

Aww, thank you Nubian Angel. I'm telling you, those protective ponytails work work work!!! My hair grew about 4-5 inches including trims after I cut it. But once I got to shoulderlength, it wasn't 'nutting but the shout! I could put my hair in the protective ponytail, and it's been like that ever since 6 days a week.

I am a true believer in protective styles. I know it looks plain, but I can't really play in my hair, and it doesn't hit my collar and rub up against my shirt. That helped me a lot.

Also I was a little apprehensive about putting chemicals in my hair again, but I went ahead and did it, and I refuse to retouch earlier than 4 months. I am going to stretch it to 6 though (right now I'm almost at 3 months).

Again I thank you. That's exactly why I take pictures. Because I wouldn't believe it either!
smile.gif

Congrats Skegeesmb, extending the relaxers and using protective styles also helped me.
I'm fine haired and don't like the small bun my ends make, so I just twirl the ponytail and pin it atop my head.
Congrats again
smile.gif

You hair grows like a weed! I agree with you about the protective styles; they really do work! How often do you use heat on your hair?

Thanks everyone. I use heat on my hair once a week. It's when I wash my hair. Sometimes once every two weeks if I get nasty and not wash my hair the following week (I know I know
spank.gif
). Sometimes I'll go a month without using heat and I'll just wear my hair in a protective ponytail. But I like my hair dry so that's the way I go.

A protective ponytail is a loose ponytail with the ends twisted to make a donut looking shape. I can't describe it, but DSD and Boadicea have step by step instructions on how to make one. DSD has instructions if you are using hair to make your own bun look fuller if it's short, and Boadicea has instructions using the whirl a style (at least that's what I think it's called).

Back