Sitting in the chair of my stylest one day.........

Dannygirl

So I've been going to her for a year I LOVE her and she is about the health of the hair and so forth! Anyways when I was getting my hair braided about month half ago I remember sitting ther and listing to the convestion going on between the owner and her....

Owner: Ya I'm suppose to be getting this girl with Long hair coming in.... Lord I donot want to deal with all that hair.....

My stylest: Girl If she got long hair ill help...

Owner: Ya help me "snip snip" some of that hair off..

My stylest: .......................... (dead silince)......

Owner: Lord have mercy look at all that hair (lady walks in with Bra strap length hair)

My stylest: Don't get any ideal.. i'm sure she doesn want it cut....

Owner.. "Ya but a trim will do.. be more mangable"

Girl sits down. asks for a roller set..

Owner: fusses about the length and she need a trim

Girl says no and stand her ground...

My stylest was like ...: her hair is fine its doesnt need to be trimmed..

Owner finaly backs off and does her hair...

LESSONED LEARNed IF YOU DONT WANT IT CUT U HOLD YOUR GROUND DANGIT and if they still do it leave at once!

Dannygirl said:
So I've been going to her for a year I LOVE her and she is about the health of the hair and so forth! Anyways when I was getting my hair braided about month half ago I remember sitting ther and listing to the convestion going on between the owner and her....

Owner: Ya I'm suppose to be getting this girl with Long hair coming in.... Lord I donot want to deal with all that hair.....

My stylest: Girl If she got long hair ill help...

Owner: Ya help me "snip snip" some of that hair off..

My stylest: .......................... (dead silince)......

Owner: Lord have mercy look at all that hair (lady walks in with Bra strap length hair)

My stylest: Don't get any ideal.. i'm sure she doesn want it cut....

Owner.. "Ya but a trim will do.. be more mangable"

Girl sits down. asks for a roller set..

Owner: fusses about the length and she need a trim

Girl says no and stand her ground...

My stylest was like ...: her hair is fine its doesnt need to be trimmed..

Owner finaly backs off and does her hair...

LESSONED LEARNed IF YOU DONT WANT IT CUT U HOLD YOUR GROUND DANGIT and if they still do it leave at once!

:eek: WOW! That lazy summama:mad: I can't believe that. Thanks for the heads up. She was really gonna cut that girls hair off just so SHE could manage it??!!! All she wanted was the money.

Sylist will do it, look at me 5" cut.

My MIL is a sylist and I've seen her too many times cut long hair (before I thought about growing mine out and while I was still speaking to her)

:eek: :eek: :eek: She shouldn't be a hair stylist if she's going to be lazy about doing people's hair! She didn't even care about what the client wanted, just what's easier for her. I know there are good stylists out there, but stylists like that are why I do everything myself.

everyone there is wonderful even the owner but shes got somthing agaist long hair hahha.. just doesnt like to mange it.. but to hear that come outta her mouth made me want to crawl away and scream..

that just makes me :ill: The only thing worse than that is stylists who start trimming without even asking you if you want one :mad:

atlien11 said:
that just makes me :ill: The only thing worse than that is stylists who start trimming without even asking you if you want one :mad:

I had a stylist that always trimmed and I never asked for it. After months and months of this I finally was like---no trim---she was like she had to trim my hair--- that was the last time she saw me.

There are a lot of stylists out there that when they see long hair come through the door---they want to put scissors to it regardless. Why-Why- Why ?

My old hair stylist tricked me into getting a perm one time because she too lazy to press my hair. Everytime I would come in there she would say "When you gonna get a perm?....Aren't you ready for a relaxer yet?....You want me to perm it today?....How about I just texturize it?" Then after we go through all that she would do her lazy sigh and plop her big behind on a stool behind me and turn this huge fan on SUPER high.

Then one day she was going through my hair and was like "your hair is damaged girl, let me go ahead and texturize it a little b/c you are tearing your hair up trying to pull a comb throught this thick mess." Of course I believed her and the next thing you know my hair has bone straight.

She really got on my nerves.

It's funny that this is shocking to anyone. I refuse to go to a stylist because everyone wants to take scissors to my head. The last time I went to get my hair done the girl swore up and down she was not scissor happy and only wanted to trim it, 6 inches later....

This is why I'm learning to be self sufficient with all of my beauty needs.

Mani-pedis, with or without designs? Check
Haircare? Check
Next stop waxing.

This past weekend I was in this children's store talking to this clerk about hair. I told her that I was growing my back after having it cut short for a while. She told me that her hair touched her tailbone and that she had went to a SuperCuts for a 4" to 5" trim and the lady cut her hair to a chin length bob. She said she put her hair in a low ponytail and just cut the whole ponytail off. The girl said that once she felt her hair was gone, she started to cry. The stylist told her she thought that was what she wanted. The girl said I only wanted a trim I didn't tell her I wanted my hair cut. The stylist told her to not worry and that it will grow back, and that she will donate it to charity for her. I told her Supercuts would have been blown up and that I think the woman did it on purpose just so she could donate her hair.

Curlee_lurker said:
This is why I'm learning to be self sufficient with all of my beauty needs.

Mani-pedis, with or without designs? Check
Haircare? Check
Next stop waxing.

:lol:
I agree with this totally. I have always done my own hair, and for the last couple of years, my own mani and pedi's. The one time I went to a stylist, I had to argue with her for 5 minutes about trimming my hair. First she asked, then she got mean about it, insulting me and all. I held my ground, and she didn't trim, but that one experience cured me of ever wanting to let anyone else in my hair.

atlien11 said:

Unfortunately, this is exactly what my stylist has started doing and she had started off awsome. One day she asked me what was I going to do with hair longer than it is now since it can't be flipped (her favorite style she kept trying to get me to do) and lately shes been sneaking the scissors. I'm so disapointed.

that trfiling. why do stylist always wanna cut soembody's hair. i understand some might be haters but my hair is short and the past stylist still wnated to cutt off a lot. what's up with that? then people say black womens hair cant grow.

shortdub78 said:
This past weekend I was in this children's store talking to this clerk about hair. I told her that I was growing my back after having it cut short for a while. She told me that her hair touched her tailbone and that she had went to a SuperCuts for a 4" to 5" trim and the lady cut her hair to a chin length bob. She said she put her hair in a low ponytail and just cut the whole ponytail off. The girl said that once she felt her hair was gone, she started to cry. The stylist told her she thought that was what she wanted. The girl said I only wanted a trim I didn't tell her I wanted my hair cut. The stylist told her to not worry and that it will grow back, and that she will donate it to charity for her. I told her Supercuts would have been blown up and that I think the woman did it on purpose just so she could donate her hair.

This is such a sad story. It is so hard for me to imagine how someone could be so cruel. I hope she tries that mess on the wrong lady one day and ends up in the ER.

hopeful said:
This is such a sad story. It is so hard for me to imagine how someone could be so cruel. I hope she tries that mess on the wrong lady one day and ends up in the ER.[/quote]

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I wish ill on no one but that mess is funny..

Dannygirl said:
hopeful said:
This is such a sad story. It is so hard for me to imagine how someone could be so cruel. I hope she tries that mess on the wrong lady one day and ends up in the ER.[/quote]

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I wish ill on no one but that mess is funny..

I know girl, I am a very NON-violent person, but that woman was just so wrong! If I every grow me some bra-strap hair and somebody wacks it off it will be on...lol:swordfigh :lachen:.

That is beyond lazy. My hairstylists, though, always told me they preferred doin long hair, because it was less time-consuming than doing a short, precision cut. Thick hair, though, is a different story, I guess, but long hair, they liked.

This woman is crazy, though. Why is she even doing hair if she's going to be that lazy about it?

shortdub78 said:

that's just mean and she knew that girl didn't ask for a bob. but I've heard of this happeing before someone w/ WSL or beyond hair going in for a trimm and bammm they cut it to a bob so THEY can SELL the hair not donate it, that's why they slip up whena a longhair comes in and isn't suspicious.

that is really sad....i think thats why im kind of backing away now from hairstylist and starting to do my own hair....because i dont want to hear no mess with me growing my hair out...

i havent heard of this in awhile but has anyone with long hair noticed if stylist try to charge more or up the prices because of the fact you having long hair???

i think i knew someone that did this...but most of the time when they try to do this its when i ask them about doing my sisters hair in individual braids because her hair is near APL and thick....and once they see her hair they want to always give her cornrows because its more easy on them and simple...

boy i tell you lazy stylist....

bluediamond0829 said:
that is really sad....i think thats why im kind of backing away now from hairstylist and starting to do my own hair....because i dont want to hear no mess with me growing my hair out...

i havent heard of this in awhile but has anyone with long hair noticed if stylist try to charge more or up the prices because of the fact you having long hair???

i think i knew someone that did this...but most of the time when they try to do this its when i ask them about doing my sisters hair in individual braids because her hair is near APL and thick....and once they see her hair they want to always give her cornrows because its more easy on them and simple...

yeah they'll charge me nore b/c my hair is thick and at the time it was shoulder length.
some

bluediamond0829 said:

yeah they'll charge me nore b/c my hair is thick and at the time it was shoulder length.
some fashion editor on tv said that you have to show a stylist where you want your hair to be after the cut exactly, because a trim to them meanns 4-6 inches. :eek:

bluediamond0829 said:

some fashion editor on tv said that you have to show a stylist where you want your hair to be after the cut exactly, because a trim to them meanns 4-6 inches. :eek: that's why when i reach my goal I won't even pass by my old stylists place.

I've experienced a few stylists that hate to do long hair. One of them even refuses to do anyone w/ long hair. I just really don't understand it. This one lady i used to go to used to complain about long hair and she used to give me trims (more like mini-cuts) even when I didn't ask. I would just look down and see long 3" clumps of hair falling.

This happened to me several months ago. I tried a Hair Cuttery salon as I was trying to save money (other stylist is soo highhh). Anyway, the black stylist there kept saying," look at all that hair!" I had bra strap length hair at the time. When I was signing in. You got some long pretty hair. I asked for a deep condition, blowdry and curl. She put me in the chair and said, "you sure you don't want a trim"? I said "no, not this time".

The whole time she worked on my hair she commented to her co-workers, " I got this girl with all this hair and it's taking me so long to do it". Then she said as she was curling it " You need a trim--you need a few inches cut off of that hair to get off the dead ends." My regular stylist keeps my hair trimmed the way I like it, only about 1/4 inch every four months. She also said " you need a perm". And when I paid, she charged me the long hair fee. Long hair fee? It's not THAT long to charge me extra. I guess since she couldn't get me to cut it, she was gonna charge me extra somehow. I knew I wouldn't be back, even though she was pretty good.

dlewis said:
Sylist will do it, look at me 5" cut.

My MIL is a sylist and I've seen her too many times cut long hair (before I thought about growing mine out and while I was still speaking to her)

OT: Oh my goodness your hair is beautiful, what did you do to get all that length in such a short amount of time?

This story is appalling, but not shocking. Happens every day. *smh* Im glad ole' girl stood her ground. You really just have to be strong, is all...... and if they still try to do what THEY wanna do, find another stylist! :mad:

i'm glad the girl held her ground. i hear too many stories about women giving in to their stylist's requests. hey looks like i learned something today.

hopeful said:
This is such a sad story. It is so hard for me to imagine how someone could be so cruel. I hope she tries that mess on the wrong lady one day and ends up in the ER.

Bad bad Hopeful.............:lol: :lol:

Back