My Dominican Salon Experience...(LONG)

Oh no! This sucks, I was gonna pay this salon a visit. I'm 100% natural now, so I definitely don't know if I wanna go. But now that you have a fresh start, lets be optimistic about it. You should check out the salon in my signature, I know that you will love it!

After about 1 min. of this :eek: , I finally picked my bottom lip up off the floor. :mad: I can't believe her inch turned into inches, and your hair didn't look that bad in the first pic.
I don't understand why folks won't realize that all heads of hair don't grow even. I'm glad though that it's not as short as I thought it was going to be, I was a little afraid to scroll down, Thank God it's past your shoulder and you aren't too far from APL.
Now I'm about to call my girlfriend and tell her this is why i was acting so weird @ the salon about a wk. ago, stuff like this is just crazy, when you work hard to get your goals.

I think you should go back and complain to the owner/manager now if you can make it, or at least call to let her know you will be coming in with your complaint in a couple of weeks when you feel better. When my hair got messed up, it took a good month for me to get angry and another month to confront the stylist.

Take the pics that you had of your hair "before" as well. Hopefully, if you don't get some free products or services, you can make her think twice before she loses her mind with scissors in her hands again. This is why I continue to go to JCPenney's for my relaxer. If some one messes up my hair, some one is getting fired OR I'm getting paid OR both.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
After about 1 min. of this :eek: , I finally picked my bottom lip up off the floor. :mad: I can't believe her inch turned into inches, and your hair didn't look that bad in the first pic.
I don't understand why folks won't realize that all heads of hair don't grow even. I'm glad though that it's not as short as I thought it was going to be, I was a little afraid to scroll down, Thank God it's past your shoulder and you aren't too far from APL.
Now I'm about to call my girlfriend and tell her this is why i was acting so weird @ the salon about a wk. ago, stuff like this is just crazy, when you work hard to get your goals.

I'm with ya on the bolded. OMG. I'm so sorry this happened. You can only live with it so its right to look on the bright side... but OMG! :mad:

CAPlush said:
I think you should go back and complain to the owner/manager now if you can make it, or at least call to let her know you will be coming in with your complaint in a couple of weeks when you feel better. When my hair got messed up, it took a good month for me to get angry and another month to confront the stylist.

Take the pics that you had of your hair "before" as well. Hopefully, if you don't get some free products or services, you can make her think twice before she loses her mind with scissors in her hands again. This is why I continue to go to JCPenney's for my relaxer. If some one messes up my hair, some one is getting fired OR I'm getting paid OR both.

actually a great idea!
so many times in the past i just never went back after a bad experience
but why not let them know what they do wrong?!
i wish u the best babe!;)

Oh holy crap! I am so sorry you went through that. It will grow back quickly with all the help of all the wonderful info and support here on the board. BTW, your hair is still lovely.

I'm so sorry this happened to you...

I just had a conversation with my coworker about me not going to her stylist or any salon b/c I don't want to go back and forth with them about trimming my hair. My hair grows uneven so I already know that they are going to want to cut it to even it out. Right now I'm trying to retain length and I know the shortest part of my hair will eventually catch up.

Like you stated: I'm going to stick with my gut feeling.... stay out of the salon if I want to meet my hair goals.

Stay determined Crlsweetie...you will still get to BSL by the end of the year.

I'm sorry girl. I know that sucks major arse. Your hair looks strong and I know you will grow it back out better than before. Until then, go back, let them know how you feel and let them see what they have done. Bring a ruler and show them what a real inch looks like.

Sorry about that bad exprience, she did cut a lot of hair. I do think your hair still looks great, really thick. I'm sure you will grow it back.:)

Wow ...this makes me feel blessed to have a stylist who listens. He respects my hair growth and is the only stylist I've ever been to who will tell me I don't need a trim.

Also when I do let him trim he's very reserved and maintains my length. I'm thankful to have him.

Chayil

Back