Sistahs help a newbie out..lol

Je Ne Sais Quoi

You guys are going to get sick of me because I am going to ask a meeeeaaalllion questions (dr evil) :lol:

Ok, here goes nothing:

Once a week I wash/blow dry/flatiron my hair. My hair is too short for now to not be putting some heat on it (only about 2-3 inches).

I am on my way to the beauty salon to get started. I will be getting Redkin heat glide, NTM's, Motions Silk Protein and Motions CPR.

My question is, when I use the Motions Silk Protein (1-2 times a month) and the Motions CPR (1 time a month) how do I use it. Are these protein products something you use before you wash? After? Do I condition after I use them? I'm stumped about using protein specific products.

Hi,
I'm not familiar with the Motions products at all, but I personally use Keraphix (a light protein conditoner) once a week or once every two weeks depending on how my hair feels. I do not use another conditoner after the Keraphix but I think some of the ladies here do. I use Humectress as a leave in afterwards and that keeps my hair very moisturized.

After a "heavy" protein treatment, like Emergencee, Aphogee, ect... you should use a moisturizing conditoner.

Heat Glide is excellent for flat ironing, and NTM Silk Touch is a great leave in.

OK, I wrote a post and it disappeared, so here goes again. If you use the CPR, you must follow with a moisture conditioner. Maybe Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner will help. I really like motions, haven't tried nexxus yet. HTH.

Back