Since joining this Forum I have picked up a bad habit and it's........

BKfinest

Looking and talking about everyone's hair. No mater where I am at work, the supermarket or the mall I'm looking and saying OMG her hair is so dry she needs to moisturize, she has a lot of breakage or she needs a trim.. I've never done that before..LOL What BAD habits have you picked up since joining this forum?

Mine is being on here to much and trying to guess what length ppls hair are. Ill see someone in a ponytail n try figure out what length they are with a pony.. I think I stare at ppls hair more too.

That's not a bad habit. You're just showing concern for another's well-being. That makes you a wonderful, dynamic human being.

Heh heh... :look:

At least that's what I tell myself when I start doing the same thing.

lol! i have always been hair crazed so i cant blame the board! but i do look at people with thin, broken, scraggly, see-through relaxed hair and think why doesnt she just give it up?!

Im on this website 2 much also! Maybe this excitement i have for this site will die down in the future just like it did with facebook and myspace. As for looking at other peoples hair, im startin to see more women going natural and growing longer hair which actually makes me happy! I havent seen a scraggley head of hair in a while, even the weaves im seeing are looking better! Alot of the women where i live at least wrap thier hair and wear scarves at night so even the women with shorter hair look decent.

This is funny. I was just posting today about how I have become a hair stalker. When I'm walking to work, standing in line, at the theatre, I am looking at hair, all different types - is it healthy, how long is it, etc. etc.

I try not to talk about hair too much so I hang out on this board a lot.

If for some reason, I'm touching my hair and a strand comes off, I always look at it to see if there's a bulb attached to it or not...no matter where I am. Usually it's in the safety of my home, but I do it in public too. I probably look really funny trying to catch the light to see the strand, haha.

I've become a hair stalker (of other ppls hair), hair obssessor (with my own hair), LHCF addicted when I need to be doing other things and somewhat of PJ while trying to find my staples. I need LHCF intervention/therapy. I too hope my need for visiting LHCF and being hair obsessed will simmer down in 2011.

Looking and talking about everyone's hair. No mater where I am at work, the supermarket or the mall I'm looking and saying OMG her hair is so dry she needs to moisturize, she has a lot of breakage or she needs a trim.. I've never done that before..LOL What BAD habits have you picked up since joining this forum?

So true! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I knew it had gone too far when I was watching CNBC with my man and told him, 'Maria Bartiromo needs some deep conditioner and about 2 tracks in the back.' :ohwell:

What made it even funnier (and a sign that I need help), is that my man was quiet for a minute, and then added "Yeah, and maybe some coconut oil." I was too through!!

*serious voice* With that, I realized that my addiction doesn't just affect me, it affects the people close to me as well. :naughty::nono:

I knew it had gone too far when I was watching CNBC with my man and told him, 'Maria Bartiromo needs some deep conditioner and about 2 tracks in the back.' :ohwell:

What made it even funnier (and a sign that I need help), is that my man was quiet for a minute, and then added "Yeah, and maybe some coconut oil." I was too through!!

*serious voice* With that, I realized that my addiction doesn't just affect me, it affects the people close to me as well. :naughty::nono:

I'm dying here!!! My DH came to check on me to see what was so funny. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

LOL!
Mine is to try and get folks to adopt a less poo regi or an SLS free poo regi! LOL

Just started co washing after being on my journey almost 4 months and who knew!!! It truly is way better...so although you didn't speak to me directly consider me a convert:)

LMAO this is so funny.

Hilarious! LOL! :lachen:

I'm dying here!!! My DH came to check on me to see what was so funny. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Yes because my dh always ask..."what's going on in the hair care world" or "do you need to drop by Sally's?" I was a bit annoyed today when we did stop at Sally's and the cashier chick had the nerve to say...."you're in here all the time." *sigh* -- I was annoyed because you don't have to call me out like that....and, the truth hurts, I think I need to stay away from product shopping, browsing and searching so much!

If for some reason, I'm touching my hair and a strand comes off, I always look at it to see if there's a bulb attached to it or not...no matter where I am. Usually it's in the safety of my home, but I do it in public too. I probably look really funny trying to catch the light to see the strand, haha.

Yep I do that too. And I STARE and I mean STARE at people's hair now.

Yep I do that too. And I STARE and I mean STARE at people's hair now.
WERD! last night i was staring at this girls hair so hard while trying to be subtle about it but i think i actually made her uncomfortable :/. how do i know? she walked by me sideways so she wouldn't have to look at me. :lol:

The only bad habit is being on here a few hours a day but it's getting less and less. I try not to talk about people's hair because I know mine rarely looked crazy BUT it was frequently dry and breaking.

I totally feel u on that... But mine is online shopping for hair stuff. He's always like "whats that something for your hair" even when it isn't I guess it's a sign lol

Yes because my dh always ask..."what's going on in the hair care world" or "do you need to drop by Sally's?" I was a bit annoyed today when we did stop at Sally's and the cashier chick had the nerve to say...."you're in here all the time." *sigh* -- I was annoyed because you don't have to call me out like that....and, the truth hurts, I think I need to stay away from product shopping, browsing and searching so much!

Mine is trying to convince any Black woman who makes a positive comment about my natural hair that she should go natural too. It's weird, I never told people to try this type of relaxer or whatever when they made nice comments about my relaxed hair...

I will be out somewhere and try to guess people's hair type, whether they are relaxed or a straight natural, and what their length is (apl, sl, etc). its like a game when I'm out by myself, lol. Occasionally I will see a black person w/APL hair. And almost never see anyone bsl

I will be out somewhere and try to guess people's hair type, whether they are relaxed or a straight natural, and what their length is (apl, sl, etc). its like a game when I'm out by myself, lol. Occasionally I will see a black person w/APL hair. And almost never see anyone bsl

I did that today! I was in a BSS and this lady was standing in front of me and I'm looking at her hair saying to myself " she's Full APL" LOL

Oh boy have I picked up some bad habits. I was seriously a product junkie for about 4 years. I have recovered since this past year. Now being obssessed with hair started way before LHCF.

I can totally relate with Honey Bee. My obssession definitely effects everyone around me.

Back