Since joining this Forum I have picked up a bad habit and it's........

I can't throw away a shed hair...

This would be TOTALLY OKAY in the privacy of my own room, but I've found myself doing this in public where I'll lightly run my fingers through my hair feel a hair come free....and then hold onto it.

Hold it.

In my hands.

Trying to casually keep up the conversation while feeling along the strand for thickness, any change in thickness (indicating damage) whether there's a bulb whether the hair feels smooth from top to bottom.

I imagine I look like a special kind of crazy to the folks who I was speaking with.

STARING at people's hair, hands down!! Like, I will break my NECK if I see some nice hair, or I'll try to analyze hair and quiz myself. Examples:

- I saw this girl at the gas station with this really pretty curly fro w/ these bomb highlights, but she was already BACK IN HER CAR and I was trying to stare in her window as I was walking down the street, then I almost ran into a pole.

- I was at the amusement park with my ex and this girl with long hair was in front of us in line, I was staring at her hair so hard that I could see the white balls on the ends of her hair strands from broken hairs...and I lean over to my ex and I'm like, "She probably uses too much heat on her hair. She needs a trim and more conditioning."

- I saw this girl in my local vintage shop, and she had this great big fro - looked like a fluffed twist out or something. However...it looked kind of strange, like it wasn't quite attached to her head, and I couldn't see her hairline at all. So, I was staring at her trying to see her scalp to figure out if she was wearing a wig (if so, it was fierce). I kept circling around the store and lurking around the counter she was working at - I think she caught me staring at her twice.

Yea so...I've officially turned into a creeper.

STARING at people's hair, hands down!! Like, I will break my NECK if I see some nice hair, or I'll try to analyze hair and quiz myself. Examples:

- I saw this girl at the gas station with this really pretty curly fro w/ these bomb highlights, but she was already BACK IN HER CAR and I was trying to stare in her window as I was walking down the street, then I almost ran into a pole.

- I was at the amusement park with my ex and this girl with long hair was in front of us in line, I was staring at her hair so hard that I could see the white balls on the ends of her hair strands from broken hairs...and I lean over to my ex and I'm like, "She probably uses too much heat on her hair. She needs a trim and more conditioning."

- I saw this girl in my local vintage shop, and she had this great big fro - looked like a fluffed twist out or something. However...it looked kind of strange, like it wasn't quite attached to her head, and I couldn't see her hairline at all. So, I was staring at her trying to see her scalp to figure out if she was wearing a wig (if so, it was fierce). I kept circling around the store and lurking around the counter she was working at - I think she caught me staring at her twice.

Yea so...I've officially turned into a creeper.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person who questions natural looking hair when I can't find the hairline...so I stare. Many awkward situations on public transportation, lemme tell you.

I have everybody around me taking care of there hair. My niece is 8 and she be telling her nana make sure and moister my hair because auntie say it will dry out LOL. I am like a counselor telling people how to take care of there hair and how they need to use this and that.

As for in public and like you watching every body hair trying to see if they need LHCF help.

Mostly its the PJ thing. I see conditioner and I'm just :love: I could be in a BSS for an hour browsing and it will feel like 5 minutes...

Last edited:
Two things:
This board has made me stare at so many people's hair that I have developed a strategy to NOT get caught, which means.... when going into an auditorium, picking my seat ever so cleverly that I can at least gawk at about 3 or 4 rows of hair whose owners will never know because their heads are turned around. (Creepy? Yup)
And two: Since I've never really had much experience with weave, I could only spot it if it looked a hot mess, like silky-silky hair with type 4 UNstraightened hair trying to blend, or 12" long red waves with one jet black piece in the front trying to cover the track. Let's just say, I am like Colombo with the tracks now.
Thank you LHCF.
PS. I am guilty of the not studying and being on here all night as well, but I think I have that in check now. After I dropped all my challenges, I get significantly less emails and therefore, don't have to check the board every couple of minutes. Now I visit maybe 4 times a day, which is a huge improvement over the 1440 times a day I was checking.

I always try to aid people in growing their hair. I always tell them to put down the comb lol...One girl told me that the breakage on the floor:look: was dead ends...Im like damn I didnt kno hair was alive:lol:...I just wish everyone was more gentle and know that the comb is not always their friend:nono:

Back