Simple Hair Routines

~~HoneyComb~~

Please list your simple hair routines here. A routine that cuts down on the amount of time you spend on your hair, esp. when you're not in the mood for doing your hair, or you're pressed for time.

All hairtypes welcome; naturals and relaxed!!

I'll start with mine. Wearing a puff is the simpliest hair routine I have presently. It takes me less than 30 mins to wash and detangle my hair, once a week. I wear my puff for a week and each morning it takes me no more than 5 mins to spritz it, gel down fly-a-ways, and refluff.

May I add the puff in your siggie is absolutely beautiful...

My simple hair routine is pretty easy and lazy. I wake up, wet my hair and add conditioner, detangle, put it in a ponytail, slap some Ecostyler to the front and ends. I'm out the door in 5 minutes. I almost feel guilty looking so good in such little time LOL j/k

I'm natural.

Currently, I've been wearing head wraps every day as a protective style.

My simplest routine includes the following:

1. cowash with Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner.
  2. ACV rinse
  3. lightly spritz w/ hydrating mixture (suave tropical coconut, tea tree and peppermint oil, glycerin)
  4. apply leave-in conditioner (shea moisture leave-in or afrodetangler)
  5. apply moisturizer (qhemet biologics burdock root or alma and olive oil)
  6. seal ends w/ jojoba & peppermint oil mixture
  7. twist in a couple big twists
  8. wrap hair in scarf
Then I'm done. I've realized that this is the least I can get away with without seeing some kind of damage. It seems like a lot, but it doesn't really take a long time.

My simplest routine was when I was damp bunning.

Cowash, rinse, leave-in, ponytail, bed.

My second simplest is my summer braidout routine.

Same thing, but braid in about 6-10 braids instead of ponytail.

1. Co-wash with JASON conditioner or TJ (whatever is available)
2. Squeeze dry
3. Mix Qhemet Olive and Honey Balm with Honeybrush Tea Gel (or Burdock Butter Cream + Tea Gel in summer)
4. Apply throughout entire head
5. Go.
6. Plait hair at night and sleep.
7. Undo plaits to do steps 1-4

Here's Mine:
Cowash, moisturize, and then my hair goes in to either a bun or puff. Repeat daily.

My new style for this week:
Poo & Condish (Garnier Stength & Repair), add length & strength leave-in, IC Fantasia gel, brush with deman & add puff with hair clip. It takes about 5 minutes once I step out of the shower.
http://public.fotki.com/regswife/playing-around-with/thisissoeasy.html
http://public.fotki.com/regswife/playing-around-with/iaddtheclipontoptom.html
http://public.fotki.com/regswife/playing-around-with/hairstyleinunder5mi.html

I probably could get away with the OP's routine & just spritz with water, add gel & add a scarf to keep the fly aways at bay.

Last edited:
Please list your simple hair routines here. A routine that cuts down on the amount of time you spend on your hair, esp. when you're not in the mood for doing your hair, or you're pressed for time.

All hairtypes welcome; naturals and relaxed!!
OOOO I am the queen of simple regimans!!!!

I wash my hair every 10 days or so. I either:

1. while its wet apply leave ins of choice and put in 9 braids and let it airdry. Then when dry unravel and shake and go!
2.While wet I rollerset and pin curl to maintain the curls.

I apply Boundless Tresses to my scalp 3x a week and I DC 1x a month.

Repeat every 10 days or so.

since i recently relaxed, i now (at night) co-wash, add leave-in conditioner, moisturize, seal, and tie up with a satin scarf. then i wake-up, take off the scarf and go. i might comb out my set and feather, but that's about it. i love simplicity.

since i recently relaxed, i now (at night) co-wash, add leave-in conditioner, moisturize, seal, and tie up with a satin scarf. then i wake-up, take off the scarf and go. i might comb out my set and feather, but that's about it. i love simplicity.

I love simplicity too!!! It makes life so much easier when you don't have to stress over hair for hours.

Cowash (detangle with fingers), apply some avocado butter to the edges, pull into a puff. The actual styling takes about 1 min...

Last edited:
its not as simple as fabiennd's :grin: but I poo, condition, rollerset and flat iron roots weekly, then moisturize,seal and pincurl nightly. Simple to me!:yep:

I co wash and deep condition twice a week...
Every night I moisturize and seal with coconut oil.
I cornrow my hair back in 4 big cornrows and in the morning i bun..I only comb my hair on wash days so only twice a week.
I have retained more hair than ever by doing this!
I ordered megatek and it should be here tomorrow or Thursday..hopefully this coupled with my simple routine will help me to reach my ultimate goal of BSL.

I was all about the wash n gos this summer, which was super simple. I would just cowash, rake through some gel, shake, and go. Now that I am trying to limit the gel use (and my hair is getting longer), I find myself doing the "cap n go" method with either s-curl or cantu leave in at night, spritzing in the morning, and putting my hair in a puff. No more than 10 min max. Lovin' it!

I am almost always to lazy to do my hair. so everything is simple with me

what is the simplest for me is:

NOTHING - jus spray in the morning with some dove moisture replenish and finger comb..

(the issue with this is i can only do it for 3 days or so and my hair starts to tangle when i say nothing i mean i am not putting my hair up a night or anything)

besides that wash and go's with leave in or condish as leave in. or braidouts.

I am almost always to lazy to do my hair. so everything is simple with me

what is the simplest for me is:

NOTHING - jus spray in the morning with some dove moisture replenish and finger comb..

(the issue with this is i can only do it for 3 days or so and my hair starts to tangle when i say nothing i mean i am not putting my hair up a night or anything)

besides that wash and go's with leave in or condish as leave in. or braidouts.

That's great that you can go that long, when my hair was longer, I'd be in trouble if I waited 3 days to detangle or do anything to it.

1. Co-wash with JASON conditioner or TJ (whatever is available)
2. Squeeze dry
3. Mix Qhemet Olive and Honey Balm with Honeybrush Tea Gel (or Burdock Butter Cream + Tea Gel in summer)
4. Apply throughout entire head
5. Go.
6. Plait hair at night and sleep.
7. Undo plaits to do steps 1-4

I just bought some JASON biotin shampoo and conditioner and I LOVE them both! I didn't know other people here were using JASON products.

I either a) get rollersets at the Dom salon, then wrap & pincurl to maintain, adding elasta qp mango butter to my ends OR

b) shampoo or co-wash, air-dry overnight and a protective style in the morning (hair pinned up w/ pretty bangs- my hair is too short for a good bun!)

I am a K.I.S.S. girl until I reach my goals- no direct heat! :spinning:

I just bought some JASON biotin shampoo and conditioner and I LOVE them both! I didn't know other people here were using JASON products.

I either a) get rollersets at the Dom salon, then wrap & pincurl to maintain, adding elasta qp mango butter to my ends OR

b) shampoo or co-wash, air-dry overnight and a protective style in the morning (hair pinned up w/ pretty bangs- my hair is too short for a good bun!)

I am a K.I.S.S. girl until I reach my goals- no direct heat! :spinning:

Good luck in reaching your goals!!:yep:

I cowash night b4 apply leavins, airdry while sleep. Next morn get up slick hair back w/ moisturizers & oil clip on bun & I'm done.....one of these days it will be my own bun I'm making. :lachen:

I think the quickest, most simple hair routine is (1) cowash in shower, (2) slick hair back into ponytail while in shower, (3) slick down edges w/ preferred product once out of the shower (I'm currently using Fantasia IC gel), (4) place ends in bun, and (5) tie down with scarf. By the time you're done getting ready for the day, you have a nice, sleek, and most importantly QUICK bun.

I cowash night b4 apply leavins, airdry while sleep. Next morn get up slick hair back w/ moisturizers & oil clip on bun & I'm done.....one of these days it will be my own bun I'm making. :lachen:

With your simple routine and taking care of your hair, you are soon to be making your own bun:yep:

I think the quickest, most simple hair routine is (1) cowash in shower, (2) slick hair back into ponytail while in shower, (3) slick down edges w/ preferred product once out of the shower (I'm currently using Fantasia IC gel), (4) place ends in bun, and (5) tie down with scarf. By the time you're done getting ready for the day, you have a nice, sleek, and most importantly QUICK bun.

Sounds like your have it down to a science Mrs.Kim.

I like the idea of this....I am currently using the Fantasia ICE gel as well. Always tie down my hair w/ a scarf but at night. Never thought to do it in the morning while getting ready....cool idea. Thanks

Today was a good example. I got in the shower, applied conditioner and let it sit while I washed my body, finger detangled each side by pulling the curls apart, rinsed, added back a tablespoon of conditioner, squeezed squeezed squeezed dry, added leave-ins and a bit of Ecostyler gel mixed with oil. Raked the front of my hair into a ponytail and topped with a silk scarf. Finished getting dressed, got in the car and went, and removed the scarf when I got to my destination. 4 hours later, I have a curly soft ponytail that's almost dry.

Today was a good example. I got in the shower, applied conditioner and let it sit while I washed my body, finger detangled each side by pulling the curls apart, rinsed, added back a tablespoon of conditioner, squeezed squeezed squeezed dry, added leave-ins and a bit of Ecostyler gel mixed with oil. Raked the front of my hair into a ponytail and topped with a silk scarf. Finished getting dressed, got in the car and went, and removed the scarf when I got to my destination. 4 hours later, I have a curly soft ponytail that's almost dry.

Your ponytail in your siggy is too cute!!

Your ponytail in your siggy is too cute!!

Thanks! That was created using Pokahontas' "cheat set" where you put your hair in one big ponytail, put about six rollers in the ponytail and then go under the dryer. She has pictures in her fotki.

Back