silky fluffy hair...

NaturalBeauty<3

hey ladies...despite you guys being completely tired of me...
:look:
I have more questions.:grin:
fine haired..medium haired..even thickhaired..what leave in do you use that doesn't weigh down your hair when you straighten? I mean, leaves your hair light n fluffy n feels like nothing? the entire reason I don't use leave ins is because i'm afraid that when I blowdry, my hair will b stuck to my head because of a leave in...which would defeat the entire purpose of my 3 hour slavin... what leaveins are you ladies using?

Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner is a great conditioner for fluffy, light, silky hair. It also gives a lot of volume and bounce as an added bonus. I would say to avoid weighing down your hair you can apply ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer; it's light and the spritz type pump disperses the product well so you don't need to saturate your hair in the leave-in.

Last edited:
Karen's Body Beautiful...sweet ambrosia or silky smooth....and a dab AND I do mean a DAB of the creamylicious....my hair has never felt or behaved better....but I use a very small amount!

Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner is a great conditioner for fluffy, light, silky hair. It also gives a lot of volume and bounce as an added bonus. I would say to avoid weighing down your hair you can apply ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer; it's light and the spritz type pump disperses the product well so you don't need to saturate your hair in the leave-in.

I have always wanted to try the yes to line! so the conditioner is the leave in or is the leave in aphogee n gtr?

thanks for the response!
are u fine haired or thick?

I have fine to medium strands. My hair appears coarse to people because its very dense in the front and middle. A good 35% of my hair is fine with medium density and those areas can appear thin and weighed down if I'm not careful.

Also, l'anza neem plant serum is great if you have fine hair and want an extra layer of heat protection. I normally wash, DC, and apply my nutress, blow dry and then add a tiny bit of the lanza serum to each section of my hair before flat ironing. My hair never feels weighed down at all!

Karen's Body Beautiful...sweet ambrosia or silky smooth....and a dab AND I do mean a DAB of the creamylicious....my hair has never felt or behaved better....but I use a very small amount!

thank you so much! where can you get this heavenly creamylicious..ness:grin:

I have fine to medium strands. My hair appears coarse to people because its very dense in the front and middle. A good 35% of my hair is fine with medium density and those areas can appear thin and weighed down if I'm not careful.

Also, l'anza neem plant serum is great if you have fine hair and want an extra layer of heat protection. I normally wash, DC, and apply my nutress, blow dry and then add a tiny bit of the lanza serum to each section of my hair before flat ironing. My hair never feels weighed down at all!

thank you so much beana!

I have always wanted to try the yes to line! so the conditioner is the leave in or is the leave in aphogee n gtr?

The Yes To Cucumbers is a typical rinse out conditioner and the ApHogee is the leave-in. The conditioner is really different than other conditioners in the sense that since it's natural it doesn't way down the hair with silicons. As a result however, it doesn't provide slip but it leaves the hair soft and manageable enough to comb through if you don't rake through your hair. The leave-in conditioner in my opinion maintains hair's health but also is light enough to use daily.

^ thank you so much!! how much leave in do you use?

I actually stopped using products in my hair so no moisturizer, leave-in, etc. it's better for me this way and I get more retention, plus it saves time and keeps things simple. When I did use it along with my mother, we would put 1 spray pump each for the front edges, nape, ends; 3 pumps total for those areas. After, we would apply it to the rest of the hair from a distance since the spray spreads (make sure not to put it too far so it ends up on your hair and not in the air); that would equate to 3-4 spray pumps. :yep:

I actually stopped using products in my hair so no moisturizer, leave-in, etc. it's better for me this way and I get more retention, plus it saves time and keeps things simple. When I did use it along with my mother, we would put 1 spray pump each for the front edges, nape, ends; 3 pumps total for those areas. After, we would apply it to the rest of the hair from a distance since the spray spreads (make sure not to put it too far so it ends up on your hair and not in the air); that would equate to 3-4 spray pumps. :yep:

So could you please share your regimen? Are you natural or relaxed? How often do you wash your hair, do you have it protective styles like Nonie etc......TIA.

hmm..maybe I don't need one either...I just know you're "supposed" to use one.

Oh no do what works for you! I actually just stopped using products in my hair completely by accident, laziness, and copying my friends and mother (her hair is about an inch from waist length and even when she was BSL she never even used conditioner after shampooing until I made — I mean influenced her with my previous PJism. :look:) I got tried of buying products for sleekness and looking for the next big thing so I decided to just keep it simple and follow my mother and Asian friends and it worked for me LOL. :look: My hair is sleeker, shinier, and bouncier without products and I'm happy. I'm not promoting a sort of restriction when it comes to using products, I'm just saying what works for me. I know a lot of people love butters, oils, moisturizers, and such which helps them retain length but for me adding anything on dry hair doesn't give me much benefit, I just let the natural oils do the work. Cheap, quick, and effective. :grin:

EDIT: I did have a few slight problems when I adjusted my regimen in the very beginning because it was almost like a 180 degree flip in terms of the change but I've adjusted it so that those problems are now elevated. :yep:

Last edited:
So could you please share your regimen? Are you natural or relaxed? How often do you wash your hair, do you have it protective styles like Nonie etc......TIA.

Certainly! Hopefully the OP doesn't mind. :grin:

- I am relaxed
- 1/week, 1.5/week, 2/week (It fluctuates but the latter is rare for me so it's usually for the most part 1/week.)
- Shampoo, condition, air-dry (I used to blow dry after every wash but switched for air-drying since I like the feel of air-dried hair more, plus it will reduce the chance of split ends and give me even more retention which is what I'm looking to achieve since my goal is waist length and I'm about 6 inches or less away. I actually have my natural silkiness back now which I only had when I was natural. Blow-drying wasn't all that bad for me though because I still had bounce, shine, softness, sleekness and etc. but I feel like now that I air-dry my hair feels more moisturized in a sense without using products.)

^ So that's the basics. I rely on conditioner alone and sometimes I mix oils, molasses, and other ingredients in it for fun and to help with retention since I did recently recover from protein overload (I was obsessed with protein conditioners for a while, nothing severe happened but I'm used to little to no breakage so I wanted to combat the bit I was getting quickly.) I stretch my relaxers for 3-4 months at a time (usually 4) and I don't protective style per say. I leave my hair out 90% of the time when I go out and at home it goes in a twirled bun that is covered by a net. I ALWAYS try to sleep with the net covering my head (which was a big problem for me) because it helps to prevent the moisture in my hair from being sucked up like a straw by the pillow. :ohwell: I'm planning to get a satin or silk scarf to put on top of it for even more protection.

^ Well that's about it, any questions or things you weren't clear about please feel free to ask. There's also a tad bit of general information in the previous post if you didn't read it already. :)

Last edited:
You can buy it at Karen'sbodybeautiful.com, or order it over the phone 1800-628-2210, or if ur ever in Brooklyn u can visit the store on Myrtle ave.

Back