Silk Wrap PICS!!

Aviah

I must admit I was a little apprehensive with how my silk wrap would come out on my texture. But after putting in a rinse, combing into small sections, applying Tresemme heat protection pray, a dab of coconut oil, and Lottabody setting lotion, I set on velcro rollers, sat under the dryer. Then took them down wrapped with plastic wrap and sat under the dryer for a little bit longer.
Results:
BEAUTIFUL! I AM COMPLETELY ROCKING STRAIGHT HAIR MORE OFTEN!

Pic 1- the roller setup
Pic 2- Extreme happiness about how straight it came out
Pic 3- Brushed a bit after the saran wrap
Pic 4- Shine!
Pic 5- just after rollers were taken out (back shot)

Attachments

• roller1.jpg
    roller1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 397
  • rollerout.jpg
    rollerout.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 466
  • rollerout3.jpg
    rollerout3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 507
  • shine.jpg
    shine.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 433
  • rollr5.jpg
    rollr5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Wow! That looks beautiful. I used to love those rollers when I was relaxed but I never thought to try them for a wet set :drunk:. BTW, are you natural?

Wow! That looks beautiful. I used to love those rollers when I was relaxed but I never thought to try them for a wet set :drunk:. BTW, are you natural?

I am natural! Mostly 4a.
I want to be able to work my way up to smooth rollers to get sets like yours, but the velcro gets my roots straighter than I would myself otherwise.

Last edited:
Did the velcro rollers not break your hair?
Did you set your hair on rollers after a wash, dripping wet?
I believe you are natural right?

I love it! Did you do your layers?

Those aren't intentional layers:look:. That's just how my hair is growing out for the longest time post-bc (Nov 2007) I want to even it up after I reach my final goal.

Did the velcro rollers not break your hair?
Did you set your hair on rollers after a wash, dripping wet?
I believe you are natural right?

You know, I thought about that and checked the rollers after I took my hair down and saw there were few hairs in there (about 10 in total). There was a tiny bit breakage/shedding but I think being as careful as possible minimizes it. I shampooed, and rinsed out the dye. I added a little coconut oil to help with smoothness, slip and moisture. It was pretty wet, but mostly with setting lotion. I detangled carefully and did small sections on the rollers.

pics 2 and 3 do show the difference...so i would say it went well

now im not a fan of velcro rollers...but if it works for you..cool

Thanks so much you guys. SERIOUSLY. I would have never gave rollersetting the time of day had I not found out about it here...

You did a great job your first time around. I'm definitely going to have to give that method a try. I loved the big cheesy grin pic! Too cute!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I asked a question about this maybe a week or so ago, and didn't get many responses but yes it can be done!

Back