Silk Elements Was Good While It Lasted!!!

MizaniMami

BUUUUUT, unfortunately after only 3 weeks post relaxer my relaxer totally reverted. I am not 100% natural textured but it is texlaxed and only relaxed 55% (I was too gracious in the original post). WHY have Silk Elements forsaken thee?! It was so nice for those 3 weeks to have bone straight hair again. :cool: I wonder what happened?

Don't get me wrong my hair is nice and soft, but I know my hair, it will get hard and uncontrollable in about 3 more weeks. My hair turns unrely around 6-7 weeks post relaxer. I would be happy texlaxed if my hair stayed this soft.

For those who are wondering I relaxed/corrected with the Silk Elements Reg relaxer a few weeks ago. I didn't do anything different. I prepooed with Keraphix+oils, poo'd with Keracare, Dc'ed with Aveda DR+keracare, and used Keracare and Aveda DR as a leave-in-same routing for the last three weeks, one a week.

Silk Elements tricked me. But I know my problem, I need a relaxer that I can keep on longer, that won't burn. I might go back to No-Lye. I am thinking of ORS.:scratchch

PS: Yes I can post again, I never made Da Banned lol:lol:

Last edited:
I've heard good things about ORS. But also consider profectiv. I use it to texlax myself, but I also use it to make my mom's hair practically bone straight and my sister and cousins hair in between both of those extremes. I never base or burn.

Thanks Golden, I shole will consider Profectiv, I thought about it last night.

ORS has such great ingredients (for a relaxer).

My little sister uses Profectiv and swears by it. Her hair is always bone straight, too.

OT: Golden you're hair looks so purrrty!

I'm sorry that SE tricked you! I tried ORS for the first time back in August and I love it! My hair gets the same way after a few weeks. But not this time around.
Try it out. You might like it.:grin:

Profectiv and ORS are good..

I used Vitale COncorde for my last relaxer, so far so good... and its been 3 weeks and 2 washes... :lol: I usually revert by this time as well :lol:

KhandiB said:
Profectiv and ORS are good..

I used Vitale COncorde for my last relaxer, so far so good... and its been 3 weeks and 2 washes... :lol: I usually revert by this time as well :lol:

We must got that super resistant Afro textuuuure! lol

Somebody told me "You know your hair gon win right?" I was too dead.:lol:

Which one u think is better between ORS and Profectiv?

This thread is making me relax this upcoming weekend. After all of the hair that I lost this past weekend, I am just too through. I will relax and trim as needed and call it a day until jan or fed of 2007. Mizani, have you ever used keraphix the same day as a relaxer? I normally give my hair a protein treatment before i relax, but I will not be doing that this time around. Although... I did give myself a heavy duty-ish one last week.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Okay, I thought it was just me and my fresh out of braids hair, but I used a Mild so that it wouldn't be so harsh, and it was beautiful right after the relaxing, but dag every shampoo I am reverting. I really thought it was just me. I was considering using a different brand because I know I don't need anything stronger than a mild because my hair is very fine.

I was considering getting Affirm, that's what they used to use on me when I went to the salon back about 8 years ago. I've been eyeballing Mizani...etc.

MM why did you stop using Mizani?

ORS is No Lye, I've heard scary things about No Lye and drying effects. If you check out this month's Essesne mag, the first page is an ad for an Optimum relaxer specifically for fine hair. Now that looked very appealing to me. Anyone have any experience with this one? The ad said it's new, I went to their web site but I didn't see any info on it. It's prolly for professionals only... I hope not!

I am grateful that SE did not damage my hair at all and it is so very soft and easy to manage, I just would like to get it straighter because I would have to manipulate it less that way. I workout a lot and I'm constantly having to con wash, etc. I have to use heat now to make it lay down because of the reversion.

What to do what to do??

Its a tight race but...

ORS Wins cuz personally the way my hair felt afterwards... Whoooo , so soft and silky .. its the Replenishing Pak that pushes is over the top IMPO :) ...

I would try it again just cuz of how my hair felt afterwards :lol:

MizaniMami said:
We must got that super resistant Afro textuuuure! lol

Somebody told me "You know your hair gon win right?" I was too dead.:lol:

Which one u think is better between ORS and Profectiv?

goldensensation said:
This thread is making me relax this upcoming weekend. After all of the hair that I lost this past weekend, I am just too through. I will relax and trim as needed and call it a day until jan or fed of 2007. Mizani, have you ever used keraphix the same day as a relaxer? I normally give my hair a protein treatment before i relax, but I will not be doing that this time around. Although... I did give myself a heavy duty-ish one last week.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Golden, yeah I used Kerphix as part of the neutralizing process before. I don't know if it was my actual relaxer technique or this step but my hair sucked after this. It felt soo limp. I elliminated this step the next time and never had that problem again.:confused:

ATLJJ, girl I liked Mizani. If ORS don't work for me I am def. going to venture back. The only problem is it burns my scalp. I am tired of these scalp burns AND I need to keep my relaxer on longer too.

The only time my scalp didn't burn not even a tingle when I used Optimum (reg.). I used to leave that relaxer on for about an hour (YIKES I KNOW) and didn't have the slightest tingle. :lol:

Maybe your hair just won't hold a relaxer? My daughter's hair is that way. I tried to relax it twice (PLEASE don't slap me!:eek: It was a momentary lapse in judgement:ohwell:), once with a kiddie relaxer, and once with an adult (both no lye) and them curls came back with a vengence!!!:lol: Maybe God was trying to tell me sonething! So I repented and never went near my daughter's head with chemicals again! This board has helped me a ton though in keeping her hair under control! Rememer Freddy from A Different World? Now picture her a little past waistlength...that's my daughter's hair! Can you say POOOOF!?:lachen:

kbragg said:
Maybe your hair just won't hold a relaxer? My daughter's hair is that way. I tried to relax it twice (PLEASE don't slap me!:eek: It was a momentary lapse in judgement:ohwell:), once with a kiddie relaxer, and once with an adult (both no lye) and them curls came back with a vengence!!!:lol: Maybe God was trying to tell me sonething! So I repented and never went near my daughter's head with chemicals again! This board has helped me a ton though in keeping her hair under control! Rememer Freddy from A Different World? Now picture her a little past waistlength...that's my daughter's hair! Can you say POOOOF!?:lachen:

LOl. But it HAS before, A few spots always stayed texlaxed tho.

Back when I was younger it stayed straight....Then again, I use to relax ever 5 weeks so I was just over processing over and over and over again... Okay bad example.

Maybe your right.

My hair is quite resitive and so is my moms and ORS did nothing for it. It is nice on sister's hair which made me try is on me and my mom. However good luck on whatever you try. Me personally, I bought the SE coarse since I want me some bone straight hair. I've been texlaxed all year (my accident because nothing will straighten it) and I want to be able to wet wrap my hair at least once!

I never liked that one from the start. I heard so many good things about it, but it just does not straighten my hair right. And I am not into leaving in relaxers for long periods of time.

MM, ORS is the truf :lol:

That is my HG in relaxers. It's the only one I use. I relax my hair every 5-6 months and it has NEVER failed me.

OT: I cant believe y'all keep relaxers in so long!!! I burn easily with ANY relaxer, so it 10 min max fore me.

MizaniMami said:
Golden, yeah I used Kerphix as part of the neutralizing process before. I don't know if it was my actual relaxer technique or this step but my hair sucked after this. It felt soo limp. I elliminated this step the next time and never had that problem again.:confused:

ATLJJ, girl I liked Mizani. If ORS don't work for me I am def. going to venture back. The only problem is it burns my scalp. I am tired of these scalp burns AND I need to keep my relaxer on longer too.

The only time my scalp didn't burn not even a tingle when I used Optimum (reg.). I used to leave that relaxer on for about an hour (YIKES I KNOW) and didn't have the slightest tingle. :lol:

I bet you know all the base tricks. Have you ever based the night before and then base again and sit under a warm dryer to let it melt into and through the surface of your scalp? Those are some of tricks my stylist used to do for me because I'm a tender headed whimp.

I want to be able to wet wrap my hair too. When I used to get my relaxer, I could just comb my hair back sit under the hooded dryer and it would be straight! The Humanity!!

Is this a Thread h

This is looking really intersting to me because I have fine little cat furs for hair! hehe I remember Optimum working for me back in the day before I got Braid Fever.......

[FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-2]Home > Brand Name > Optimum Care > Optimum Care BODIFYING RELAXER Kit

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Optimum Care BODIFYING RELAXER Kit

[FONT=arial, helvetica]SoftSheen Carson Optimum Care Bodifying Relaxer
A Revolution for Fine Hair
Proven - Preserves Hair's Elasticity for Long-Lasting Body

Quenches hair without weighing it down for strait, healthy-looking hair with volume
Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer System

SoftSheen Carson, the hair care expert, enters a new era with new Optimum Care Bodifying Relaxer - created exclusively for women with fine hair.

Our new Patented Citrate Formula blocks the action of mineral build-up on fine hair and preserves the hair's elasticity as it straitens for long-lasting body. Fine hair never looks dull, flat or limp after relaxing!

Rosehip Oil and nourishing Fruit Oils help quench moisture-starving hair without weighting it down for healthy-looking, strait hair with unbelievable volume.
[/FONT]I'm very interested in this one..... I am going to start another thread to see if any fine hair sistas have tried this one yet....

chiprecious said:
My hair is quite resitive and so is my moms and ORS did nothing for it. It is nice on sister's hair which made me try is on me and my mom. However good luck on whatever you try. Me personally, I bought the SE coarse since I want me some bone straight hair. I've been texlaxed all year (my accident because nothing will straighten it) and I want to be able to wet wrap my hair at least once!

ORS did not work for me either.

I feel so jealous when I hear all the raves about these so-called great relaxers. My hair laughed at Silk Elements, ORS and PhytoII. TCB Naturals Original is the only one that works consistently on my hair. Silky and straight every time in the time mentioned on the instructions.

I cannot find it everywhere (walmarts, grocery store, etc) , but there are 2 BSS near me that carry it. I have given up on trying any others.

SE did the same thing to me. Great for the first 2 weeks; then afterwards, my hair is slowly look like I didn't even have a relaxer! And, one side is really under-processed, which frustrated me to no end. I think I'm gonna go back to ORS b/c it never did me wrong; I just wanted to try something new.

I have tried ORS, African Pride, TCB, Revlon Realistic.... none of these relaxers make my hair strait anymore. I guess MTG made my hair uber resistant.:ohwell: I'm sorry SE didn't work for you. ORS is a great relaxer. It used to work for me before MTG.:lol:

please let me tell you how the same thing happened to me. I just did a corrective this saturday gone with ORS normal after being 4 weeks post weith SE and girl, I WILL NEVER LOOK BACK!!! It didn't burn either. And yes you are right I needed soething that will relax quick enough without burning forcing me to rinse out leaving me underprocessed as well. I just can't do the burn victim thing at all. But I loved the ORS and this is where I'm staying.

nomoweavesfome said:
please let me tell you how the same thing happened to me. I just did a corrective this saturday gone with ORS normal after being 4 weeks post weith SE and girl, I WILL NEVER LOOK BACK!!! It didn't burn either. And yes you are right I needed soething that will relax quick enough without burning forcing me to rinse out leaving me underprocessed as well. I just can't do the burn victim thing at all. But I loved the ORS and this is where I'm staying.

One thing about the SE is that it didn't damage my hair at all and it was fragile after coming out of the braids. I've been able to condition my hair and work with it almost to the point where in about a month I can do a *real* relaxer. Hehe! I just have to figure out what's the deal with the Lye vs No Lye. My first mind at the begining of all this was Mizani for fine / color treated hair....

I keep hearing ya'll carry on about ORS, I love everything else they make, but how do you get around that calcium build-up thing.... Hmmmm I'm leaning more toward Lye...the jury is out....

Well I'll be relaxing with SE mild for the 1st time this week. Last time the regular relaxed my hair really fast and burned some so I want to give the mild a shot. If it doesn't work, I'll got back to Designer's touch Mild and stay there.

MizaniMami said:
BUUUUUT, unfortunately after only 3 weeks post relaxer my relaxer totally reverted. I am not 100% natural textured but it is texlaxed and only relaxed 55% (I was too gracious in the original post). WHY have Silk Elements forsaken thee?! It was so nice for those 3 weeks to have bone straight hair again. :cool: I wonder what happened?

Don't get me wrong my hair is nice and soft, but I know my hair, it will get hard and uncontrollable in about 3 more weeks. My hair turns unrely around 6-7 weeks post relaxer. I would be happy texlaxed if my hair stayed this soft.

For those who are wondering I relaxed/corrected with the Silk Elements Reg relaxer a few weeks ago. I didn't do anything different. I prepooed with Keraphix+oils, poo'd with Keracare, Dc'ed with Aveda DR+keracare, and used Keracare and Aveda DR as a leave-in-same routing for the last three weeks, one a week.

Silk Elements tricked me. But I know my problem, I need a relaxer that I can keep on longer, that won't burn. I might go back to No-Lye. I am thinking of ORS.:scratchch

PS: Yes I can post again, I never made Da Banned lol:lol:

I had this experience with both Vitale Lye regular and Silk Elements LYe Regular. My hair is coarse and I am considering going back to the coarse formula. I was very impressed with that. It lasted a long time.

ORS is the "ish", it's the only relaxer (lye or no-lye) that doesn't tear holes in my scalp & leave me with painful, sticky scabs. I've also never had a problem w/ dry hair from using this particular no-lye relaxer, maybe it's b/c I also use the creamy aloe shampoo every month to remove any calcium build-up.

I'll admit the new Optimum for fine hair sounds enticing but Optimum Lye burned the heck out of my scalp years ago and left me psoriasis. So, I'm not sure if I'll try this or not. I just wish ORS had a mild formula. In my opinion it's the best relaxer out lye or no lye.

im not saying i don't believe you mizani but i dont understand how a relaxer can revert. i had high hopes for SE when i heard everyone's raves. i don't know maybe you need to try the one for coarse hair? im still in the same boat as you trying to find a good relaxer. im thinking about trying mizani.

Back