Silk Amino Acids...how are you using it and how is it working?

I finally got around to purchasing Silk Amino Acids. It made my natural curls pop more. My hair feels silky. This is a keeper. Luv SAA

**bump**

Consistent use of GVP Silk Remedy has strengthened my hair and decreased breakage so I'm curious about other uses of SAA.

Embrya that's where i got mine but i used it a very long time ago just once. Doesn't look like we can get the liquid in the uk. I'll add it to my next deep con.

Updates ladies? Is anyone still using this in their conditioner mixes? If so how much do you use to 8oz conditioner? I have SAA, Honeyquat and Hydrolized Wheat protein, I'm adding some to my conditioner mix of oils.

@disgtgyal I don't think so (it's a very moisturizing protein) BUT watch your own hair. If it feels like it's causing it to be dry then stop using it before you get a setback.

Last edited:
BUMP ...

BUMP ...

BUMP ...

This is a great thread. I received SAA from lotioncrafter last week and I have added it to my spray bottle (water, aloe vera, and a little oil) and use it daily. I am looking forward to adding it to my d/c once I take my twists out to see what that be like. I am really excited about the results that I will get-looking forward to mid-July.

I use it in my MT Mix, as well as my leave-in, and spray bottle. I felt the difference from using it immediately, and just bought a larger bottle of SAA.

I haven't bought it separately to add to products, but there is some in my nairobi protasil reconstructor and chi silk infusion. I use the reconstructor as a mid-step during my relaxer, and as a deep conditioner. I use chi silk infusion to protect from overlapping during relaxer and as a heat protectant when flatironing.

::Checking In::

I used a cap of SAA in my leave-in conditioner over the weekend (I had to finish installing my twist extensions) and noticed that the tangles I had in my hair unraveled with ease. Usually, as I try to remove shed hair/tangled hair some more hair breaks off and leaves with the shed hair. I contribute the tangled hair sliding right out to SAA. I continue to use my spray (water, aloe vera, and rosemary oil) with a cap of SAA mixed in daily. Really loving the results I am getting- when it is time to repurchase, I will be getting the big bottle.

Have a good day all ...

Mine arrived a few days ago and I'm super excited! I was reading the PDF from LotionCrafter but maybe I'm blind but how do you all store yours once it's opened?

I bought a mini jug of SAA from lotioncrafters a while back, but I've been sleeping on actually using it. Reading this entire thread has inspired me to get back on it, there are a lot of great ideas here. I just added it into my daily moisturizing sprit and my mascara...I'll report back on my progress.

Hello all,

It's about that time to reorder my SAA, this time I'm getting a bigger size. I use the product in my mascara and noticed fuller lashes; it's been a month. I also use a cap full in my conditioner for co washes, a cap full in my lotion, and a cap full in my daily moisture spritz. I love the product, I notice a lot of 'new' hair growing and softer hair. My skin is soft and my complexion looks healthier. This is totally a staple for me and my hair/body loves it.

Put some in my leave-in but my whole hair washing this weekend was a disaster, so no report on that.
Put some in my refresher spray. When I cowash I'll use some.
Put some in my mascara today, hoping for some lash growth and fulness!!!!
Only thing I can report on is putting it in my lotion. y skin is super soft and I find that it holds the moisture longer.

Just got some in the mail and I am going to take NaturalfienD recipe and add some aloe vera juice (just came in today as well), SAA, water and oil of choice to a spray bottle.

If this is similar to your application of choice, do you spray it on before, during or after wash, deep condition and rinse?

Back