Silicon mix or Miss key 10 en1???

mzhotniz86

Hello...my name is Sug and I am a newly confessed PJ *breaks down into a sob* :)

Real talk though, ladies, your experience with either one of these will help me make my decision on whether or not to buy the silicon mix. I already have Miss Key , shes a good conditioner, but i need one that detangles :look: . I also have Lacio Lacio BUT it doesnt seem to be doing anything to my hair, except for make it harder to comb . I am currently 10 weeks post relaxer(4b) Im stretching my relaxer and washing my hair these last couple of times have been traumatizing!!! lol I've been hearing good things about this silicon mix and i have a few questions:

1) is it a protein or moisturizing conditioner? I think the Miss keys is a protein

2) whats the best way to use it? with /without heat? how long do you keep it on?

oh and also which Siliicon mix to get? i think there are more than one brand si/no?

Thank you all , i wanted to get your input before i head off to the latin shop this weekend :p

Last edited:
1) is it a protein or moisturizing conditioner? I think the Miss keys is a protein

I would consider it moisturizing conditioner because it makes my hair very soft. It also loosens up my new growth so it's the perfect conditioner to use when stretching. However, there is some protien in it( only Keratin) but it's still a moisturizing based on the results it provides in addition to adding strength. It also detangles beautifully. One of the best conditioners for detangling imo.

2) whats the best way to use it? with /without heat? how long do you keep it on?

I've used it both ways and have recieved great results. I usually leave it on for 30-45min.

oh and also which Siliicon mix to get? i think there are more than one brand si/no?

If you're looking for the one that gets tons of raves, it's the
treatment/conditioner.

HTH :)!

Last edited:
Nixx said:

I would consider it moisturizing conditioner because it makes my hair very soft. It also loosens up my new growth so it's the perfect conditioner to use when stretching. However, there is some protien in it( only Keratin) but it's still a moisturizing based on the results it provides in addition to adding strength. It also detangles beautifully. One of the best conditioners for detangling imo.

I've used it both ways and have recieved great results. I usually leave it on for 30-45min.

treatment/conditioner.

Yeah, what she said. I love both of them. They both detangle great for me. I love them when the NG gets out of control. I keep both in my stash.

Which Miss Keys 10 en 1 did u use...I use the SUPER 10 en 1 and it detangles great to me......its a moisture/protien balance with the protien being wheat protien

Nixx said:

treatment/conditioner.

ok thanks. :) I think im gonna go ahead and try it hopefully this weekend. Probably without heat too and see how it works.

Brownie518 said:
Yeah, what she said. I love both of them. They both detangle great for me. I love them when the NG gets out of control. I keep both in my stash.

yeh im def. having and "issue" with my newgrowth as of late lol. my hair looks like a dirty mop right now :D

MissMadaam said:
Which Miss Keys 10 en 1 did u use...I use the SUPER 10 en 1 and it detangles great to me......its a moisture/protien balance with the protien being wheat protien

i got the super as well but I have 4b hair :look: so ya know , it gets rough!!! :lol: i like it tho , i just always end up having to saturate my hair my motions leave-in , in order to even comb it. I also mix it with olive oil not much of a difference for me tho.

Yup what she said, and wouldn't hurt to have them both because they both do totally 2 different thinks in my opinion. I use to keep Miss key 10 en 1 in rotation and it is a great balance of moisture and protein, but if you need something to give you instant moisture, shine, silky soft tresses from root to tip and softens NG like nobodies business, you need to Rivas Silicone Mix, ;)
Nixx said:

treatment/conditioner.

I love Silicon Mix, haven't tried Miss Key BUT if you are concerned about detangling, sounds like you need to add a rinse to the mix (not into a product but an actual step.) You can use it before you apply Silicon or Miss Key, or for better results in my opinion, you can use it after your DC. You might think something that's only sitting on your head ETA: for a few minutes, won't make that big of a difference but it does!

Last edited:
It's def a moisturizing conditioner for me because my hair loves -cones and detangels effortlessly w/Silicon Mix.

I've used it w/ and w/o heat and it pretty much performed the same.

I use silicon mix on occasion when I'm not going to deep condition under a dryer and I've gotten wonderful results with it. I alternate between the Miss Keys and Nacidit under the dryer and have gotten better results with Nacidit, so I may be eliminating Miss Keys 10 en 1 from my stash after I'm finished with the tub I have.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Yup what she said, and wouldn't hurt to have them both because they both do totally 2 different thinks in my opinion. I use to keep Miss key 10 en 1 in rotation and it is a great balance of moisture and protein, but if you need something to give you instant moisture, shine, silky soft tresses from root to tip and softens NG like nobodies business, you need to Rivas Silicone Mix, ;)

ARITE NAH! If it dont work like u say im comin after you!!:driver: lol

@ Svelte -what kind of rinse do you use? and how do you use it? like do you just put it on and rinse with cold water etc?

@ audra -your hair is gorgeous ...im jealous

@ energist- is nacidit a rinse or conditioner? does it work like miss keys as well ( protein wise)?

@ locks - u a hustla!! lol

Last edited:
mzhotniz86 said:
@ Svelte -what kind of rinse do you use? and how do you use it? like do you just put it on and rinse with cold water etc?

Right now I'm using Capilo Sole & Cinnamon rinse. I apply it like a quick conditioner comb through wait 2 minutes and rinse with tepid water. I started off using it right after my poo and before I DC, I tried it after my DC my last wash and it was also great and I like it that way better. Either way it detangles wet hair like nobodies business and also seems to enhance the conditioner your using. I skipped using it once, while my hair still came out lovely with the other stuff, Silicon, Emergencia, & Lacio Lacio there was a slight difference not using it that I personally could tell.

SvelteVelvet said:
Right now I'm using Capilo Sole & Cinnamon rinse. I apply it like a quick conditioner comb through wait 2 minutes and rinse with tepid water. I started off using it right after my poo and before I DC, I tried it after my DC my last wash and it was also great and I like it that way better. Either way it detangles wet hair like nobodies business and also seems to enhance the conditioner your using. I skipped using it once, while my hair still came out lovely with the other stuff, Silicon, Emergencia, & Lacio Lacio there was a slight difference not using it that I personally could tell.

oh ok . i gotta see if they have some of that. I heard good things about capilo products. thanks for the tip!!!

Back