SILICON MIX is THE TRUTH!!!!

chayil0427

Ladies ladies ladies!

I was gonna post this in the Dom. Cond. sale thread, but I just had to start a new thread for the world to see.

I'm 12 going on 13 weeks post relaxer and my stuff in the back is like 1.5 inches deep 4b. I was dreading washing my hair cause I didn't know how I was gonna deal with that mess back there.

Ladies I just got two jars of Silicon Mix from sick bay and this stuff is THE TRUTH. In the shower my hair felt soft ...about the same as it does when I use Humecto even though I'd used a cheapy 99 cent bottle of sauve cause I wanted to clarify so I could see how well the silicon mix works without support from a hydrating poo. But out of the shower is where I REALLY saw the difference. My stuff detangled effortlessly all the way down to the scalp.

Next when I was blow drying it silkened beautifully ... the only other thing I added was a few dabs of Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic cause I was out of Mizani night cream.

My hair blew out straight all the way to the roots and I saw only a few hairs on my shoulders when I was done. Plus it has a beautiful healthy sheen and is wonderfully bouncy.

This stuff is the truth...if I don't replace humecto (which is getting more watery by the batch) with this I'll definately be using as much or more than humecto.

Thank you to all the girls on the sick bay thread who recommended this poroduct (thanks babygurl!) I now highly and proudly recommend it.

Chayil

Last edited:
Silicon Mix is definitely one of my staples. I plan on purchasing a couple jars when I go to NY this weekend.

Maaaan I can't wait to get my product. Glad to hear you love it. I'm crossing my fingers that it works miracles for my newgrowth. I am 19 weeks post and it's a jungle in there. :lol:

They sell this stuff for like 2 dollars around my way in almost every store so I never paid it any attention....Since I have heard so many good things about it I will probably pick up some.

I have a giant tub of SILICON MIX that I purchased a few weeks ago. They use it a lot at the Dominican Salon I go to so I figured maybe I should include it in my product stash. It is a good product !

I have one ? Does the silicon mix have protein in it or is it more of a moisturizing conditioner. I'm asking because I would like to know how I will work this into my regimen. If it gets your hair soft and straight when you're stretching, I definitely want some:p so is it a protein treatment or more of a moisturizing conditioner?:)

TIA,
Tanya

bumping....because I want to know is silicon mix more of a protein treatment or is it a moisturizing conditioner? I'm ready to order and need to know ladies come onnnnnnn...tell me:p

e$h said:
Maaaan I can't wait to get my product. Glad to hear you love it. I'm crossing my fingers that it works miracles for my newgrowth. I am 19 weeks post and it's a jungle in there. :lol:

I'm tryna told ya...man I was needing a shovel to get to my scalp in the back. :lachen: This stuff is awesome!

Chayil

tsmith said:
bumping....because I want to know is silicon mix more of a protein treatment or is it a moisturizing conditioner? I'm ready to order and need to know ladies come onnnnnnn...tell me:p

I'd ask babygurl to be sure, but I believe what I read was that it's a combo...works like a moisturizing protien conditioner.

From my results that is what I'd say it is.

Chayil

MissFallon said:
They sell this stuff for like 2 dollars around my way in almost every store so I never paid it any attention....Since I have heard so many good things about it I will probably pick up some.

2 Dollas! ... girl...u gonna have to hook a sista up! LOL.

Chayil

chayil0427 said:
I'd ask babygurl to be sure, but I believe what I read was that it's a combo...works like a moisturizing protien conditioner.

From my results that is what I'd say it is.

Chayil

Thanks, that's what I kinda thought.:)

I believe it's a combo. I was reading the label and some of the ingredients are keratin, ceramide, mineral oil, glycerine, and dimethycone. Just to name a few. I love this stuff! I got the smooth rollerset in my avatar after deep conditioning with silicon mix.

I LOVE this stuff too, It is amazing! Leaves hair feeling soft and moisturized. This is one of my new staples!!!!!

I'm going to have to try again. I used it today and my hair felt good while it was on so I thought I would like it but while rinsing it just felt hard and I couldn't even get my shower comb through it.
It might have been because of my pre-poo though..my hair was already feeling kind of weird.

I'll find out for sure next wash.

How long do you all leave it on your hair?

AlexB7 said:
I'm going to have to try again. I used it today and my hair felt good while it was on so I thought I would like it but while rinsing it just felt hard and I couldn't even get my shower comb through it.
It might have been because of my pre-poo though..my hair was already feeling kind of weird.

I'll find out for sure next wash.

How long do you all leave it on your hair?

Did you use a chelater before using it? I always do this when I am trying out a new product.

Also, I found that I have to let silicon mix sit on my hair for at least 1/2 hour in order for it to "do anything". I tried it as a quick conditioner and it was like I never used anything.

LiLi said:
Did you use a chelater before using it? I always do this when I am trying out a new product.

Also, I found that I have to let silicon mix sit on my hair for at least 1/2 hour in order for it to "do anything". I tried it as a quick conditioner and it was like I never used anything.

No I didn't clarify or anything before..maybe I'll try that. I sort of feel like that gives me false positives for products though.

I might have had it on for 30 minutes with heat.

AlexB7 said:
No I didn't clarify or anything before..maybe I'll try that. I sort of feel like that gives me false positives for products though.

I might have had it on for 30 minutes with heat.

Well, Silicon Mix is more of a deep conditioner so it may be good to chelate before using it so that the conditioner can penetrate much better.

Another question ... did you rinse it out really well? I didn't rinse it out well once and my hair felt not-so-good after it dried.

Also, it could be that it may just not work for you. Try it a couple of more times though.

LiLi said:
Well, Silicon Mix is more of a deep conditioner so it may be good to chelate before using it so that the conditioner can penetrate much better.

Another question ... did you rinse it out really well? I didn't rinse it out well once and my hair felt not-so-good after it dried.

Also, it could be that it may just not work for you. Try it a couple of more times though.

Do you chelate everytime you use it?

It could be the rinsing thing..I have 2 jars so I'll definitely be trying it again. I'm trying to stretch this relaxer and I've heard it's good for that. Hopefully it'll work.

dstdiva said:
i can't wait until mine get here! did you do a deep condition with it or not?

Actually I just left it on for about five minutes while I soaped up and stuff in the shower.

I bet it would be awesome with a lil heat added to it. I'm gonna have to try deep conditioning with it.

Chayil

Kari107 said:
I believe it's a combo. I was reading the label and some of the ingredients are keratin, ceramide, mineral oil, glycerine, and dimethycone. Just to name a few. I love this stuff! I got the smooth rollerset in my avatar after deep conditioning with silicon mix.

Ooh that's an awesome roller set too. So shiny and healthy looking.

Chayil

I've never found it a BSS, but I live in the south so that may have something to do with it. You may have better luck finding it locally in your area though.:)

Back