SILICON MIX is THE TRUTH!!!!

AlexB7 said:
Do you chelate everytime you use it?

It could be the rinsing thing..I have 2 jars so I'll definitely be trying it again. I'm trying to stretch this relaxer and I've heard it's good for that. Hopefully it'll work.

I chelate all the time because I have hard water. But I make sure to do it before I deep condition and/or use or switch products.

Definitely focus on rinsing really well. I'm not sure if you towel dry before you put the conditioner on; if you dont, try that as well. I used to just slap conditioner on dripping wet hair and I always wondered why conditioners never seemed to work. Then I started letting the towel sit on my hair for about 1 minute to soak up the excess water and then put the conditioner on.

Actually, I wash, rinse, let the towel sit on my hair, take down each braid, comb, slather conditioner on, and re-braid. I never thought I could comb my hair just after washing but it seems that when I let the towel soak up the excess water, it isn't so fragile when I comb. Plus, I'm sure a lot has to do with the shampoo that I use. :)

Please keep us posted with reviews each time you use it. I hope that it works for you. :)

fallback said:
I have question is it sold in BSS or do you have to order it online?

You live in Jersey, so you should be able to get it at a local BSS if they sell Dominican products. Also, if you're near a Duane Reade, they carry it as well.

Well I used it again today after chelating like Lili suggested....

it worked much better! I'm airdrying right now and my hair was very easy to comb through.

I'll keep using it but I don't think I like it more than Keracare but we'll see.

AlexB7 said:
Well I used it again today after chelating like Lili suggested....

it worked much better! I'm airdrying right now and my hair was very easy to comb through.

I'll keep using it but I don't think I like it more than Keracare but we'll see.

Cool! I'm glad it worked better after chelating! Now next time you chelate and use the silicon mix, try sitting under the dryer (rollerset, bantu knots, or even ponytail) to see if you like the results better than when you air-dried it.

I used it yesterday but everyone was rushing me so I didn't get to sit under the dryer. Well my hair did not come out the way it does when I let it dry under the dryer. I felt like it was a waste. Oh well ... this weekend I'll stop playing around and get it done early.

I didn't really chelate, but I used the cheape suave coconut which has a lot more detergents than my usual poo and left me with a squeeky clean feel. I hope silicon mix works as well with my usual poo.

Chayil

I am still a newbie:babyb: ...so I need some help with the definitions. What's chelating? And, I have been to Duane Reade, but I don't remember seeing the Silicon Mix. What does it look like? Will it work on natural hair?

I use Silicon Mix leave-in from time-to-time, and it's a great leave-in (but not as good as Salerm 21 leave-in). ;)

Meli said:
I am still a newbie:babyb: ...so I need some help with the definitions. What's chelating? And, I have been to Duane Reade, but I don't remember seeing the Silicon Mix. What does it look like? Will it work on natural hair?

Chelating is basically using a shampoo that was specifically made to remove product buildup. These shampoos are known as "clarifying shampoos." I don't think they sell Silicon Mix at Duane Reade but I can't confirm that.

I use this when i want my hair to look weightless, silky and shiny... I find that it works best weeks 1-8 post relaxer, weeks 8-12 only ORS paks work for me as far as detangling and shine. My hair gets super tangly in the weeks before my touch up and this just doesn't do it for me around that time. BUT it is a good conditioner and I definitely recommend that others try it.

Okay I tried the silicon mix last night and my hair was manageable. I went under the dryer for 30 mins.

After I air dried I used my ceramic flat iron for the first time and my hair is smooth and looks like it is 6 weeks post as opposed to 10 weeks. I may be able to stretch a little longer with this product.

I used it yesterday and then i used the silicon mix leave in, I can't keep my hands off my hair, it's so soft....

danysedai said:
I used it yesterday and then i used the silicon mix leave in, I can't keep my hands off my hair, it's so soft....

I'll have to look for the leave-in. I love me some Silicon Mix!:grin:

It sho nuff is! I tried it today for the first time after seeing it around for years. It was the FIRST conditioner that I have ever used that made my hair soft within the first minute it was applied.

Could it be :p ....I found a conditioner that I love as much as I *love* my keracare hydrating shampoo....

It may be a staple....

I'm a believer. I tried this for the first time on Wednesday and I love it. It made my hair soft and defined my curls more than usual. I love the smell of it too and that's always a plus. Two days later and I can still smell it.

Yeah, I know it's funny, but I've seen this in a Duane Reade in Midtown and one on the upper west side. They have silicon mix, 10 en 1, and another popular one I can't remember.

Shoot, I saw Sedal in a Pathmark...I wish that would happen more often down south :lol: .

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Can comeone post the ingredients?

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimoniun Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidnyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Thanks! I'm not messing all those alcohol's, though!

Those alcohols are not really "alcohols" but waxy emulsifiers derived from natural sources. They aren't bad for your hair at all.

chayil0427 said:
2 Dollas! ... girl...u gonna have to hook a sista up! LOL.

Chayil

Yeah I live in a dominican neighborhood. They have Silicon mix for 2 bucks and salerm and seda(l) go for 4-5 dollars. Its the opposite in my neighborhood...black hair products cost more than the dominican ones.

MissFallon said:
Yeah I live in a dominican neighborhood. They have Silicon mix for 2 bucks and salerm and seda(l) go for 4-5 dollars. Its the opposite in my neighborhood...black hair products cost more than the dominican ones.

Are you prepared to have your inbox inundated with requests? Now, why would you do that? :lol:

I'd like to try this conditioner, but I'm not sure where to find it in the LA area.

Anyone in LA buy this conditioner?
It costs $5.99 on ibeautyny.com

I finally got this last month. The first time I used I was disappointed. I used it again last night and it worked perfectly. I clarified, then I wash with DE Moisture Retention poo, then I deep con. with Silicone Mix for I hour and my hair came out very moisturized and it had a silky sheen to it. Oh and I forgot I pre-pooed with Affirm 5-in-1.

I always invest in the 60oz size tub of Silicon Mix Conditioner.
Thanks to my NY hookup at a really good price.

Back