Silicon Mix anyone?????????

Missi

I saw a bottle of silicon mix in the beauty supply store and remembered that some of you ladies use this stuff: but they had a variety:

which one are you using? for? results?

I bought a 64 oz container on Sickbay.biz after reading some posts. I used it as a DC but found that it made my hair "mushy". Last week I went to the Dominican Salon and the stylist mixed Silicon Mix with Alter Ego and I liked the results. When I do my hair at home I mix Silicon Mix and Capilo Whale Sperm and am happy with the results. My hair is soft but not too soft. Some women on the board say Silicon Mix is good if you are stretching your relaxer and need to tame the new growth. Sorry for the long post. :drunk:

I use Silicon Mix as a DC. I'm natural and I like the softness & moisture it adds to my hair. The one I use is in my siggy.

are u using the conditioner one?

not it's a leave in and it's amazing! I've never had a mushy problem, but this stuff makes my hair the softest that it's ever been...ever!

The comb glides through, rollersets are a breeze. When I started using it, I had the easiest rollersets of my life.

If I had to pick only two staples, it would be one of them!

I use it a lot when I'm stretching. I sometimes stretch for six months and it's a lifesaver. My stylist mixes a vial of Alter Ego with it after my touch-up. I use it as a DC and sometimes put it on dry hair mixed with Vatika Oil before I CW. It is the closest to the original Terax Crema.

I use Silicon Mix as a DC. I'm natural and I like the softness & moisture it adds to my hair. The one I use is in my siggy.

I use the exact same one that is in Jetblack's siggy. I LOVE it! The smell, leaves my hair shiny. I DC with it. I mixed it with the ORS replenishing pack and had the slippiest conditioner ever! I also DC w/ it alone.

It has never made my hair mushy at all.

I have seen alter ego mentioned in this thread twice- inquiring pj's want to know- what does alter ego do, sorry to jack the thread.

I just reupped. It ius GREAT for moisture. I am almost 7 months into my transition so I am curious to see how my hair reacts to it this time around. I ahve always been texturized when I used it in the past.

I love Silicon Mix. I use it as a DC. No problems with mushiness and it leaves my hair smelling wonderful!

I didn't realize Silicon Mix also had a leave in conditioner. (Apparently you can buy it here.)

Can anyone talk about the leave-in???

Back