Silica/Horsetail ON the hair and Scalp

iCandey

I tried taking Silica/Horsetail and really hate what it does to my skin. So, last week, instead of ingesting it, I decided to open a capsule and add it to my preshampoo oil treatment (along with EPO). Can any one tell me if it is safe on the hair? I have put it on my temples twice to test it, and so far nothing bad has happened. But I would like to hear from either folks who have also done this or supplement experts before continuing this method. Please let me know.

iCandey, What does it do to your skin? Does it make your skin oily? because my skin has been breaking out bad lately(I normally have nice skin)and is very oiliy. I just recently started taking Silica and was wondering was this the culprit....

Yes it probably is! Many people have problems with silica and skin...it makes me break out somewhat and my skin is usually pimple free..do a search on silica and you may be able to get more info on the skin issue. (msm makes some people break out too)

Yes...silicia in the form of horsetail herb is very nice topically, if YOUR body isn't allegric to it.

Yes, I have. It's a common ingredient in some of the product lines w/ a more "natural" leaning. I've also used the herb in things I've prepared for myself. For me, it adds strength/shine.

Ok. Thanks, now I can use it with out fear.
bouncy.gif

Back