Signs That You Just Broke Up W/ Your SO..

MizzBrown

My signs:

-I have all these unused minutes on my phone! No one calls me 3-4 times a DAY anymore. Who am i gonna call now just to say "what u doin?" and not get hung up on?

-It's my day off and I don't have anywhere to go. I'm usually at his place bothering him.

-When I'm out somewhere and i see something nice, I still find myself going "oh, that would look nice in his bathroom" or "he needs to get one of these" or "Ex-So would kill for this coupon to his favorite store"

-My conversations are startin' off with "well my Ex-SO used to do this, that and the other.."

-Something exciting or tragic happens and I can't call him. I just gotta keep it to myself and go sit down somewhere. I almost slipped up once.

-I wonder who in the hell is gonna fix his computer now? He barely knew how to turn it on without me.

-Where am i gonna get paper towels and Tide Detergent for cheap at? He had the Sam's Club membership!

:perplexedGoing through SO withdrawal. 24 days and counting. Ladies, what were/are your signs?

My signs:

-I have all these unused minutes on my phone! No one calls me 3-4 times a DAY anymore. Who am i gonna call now just to say "what u doin?" and not get hung up on?

-It's my day off and I don't have anywhere to go. I'm usually at his place bothering him.

-When I'm out somewhere and i see something nice, I still find myself going "oh, that would look nice in his bathroom" or "he needs to get one of these" or "Ex-So would kill for this coupon to his favorite store"

-My conversations are startin' off with "well my Ex-SO used to do this, that and the other.."

-Something exciting or tragic happens and I can't call him. I just gotta keep it to myself and go sit down somewhere. I almost slipped up once.

-I wonder who in the hell is gonna fix his computer now? He barely knew how to turn it on without me.

-Where am i gonna get paper towels and Tide Detergent for cheap at? He had the Sam's Club membership!

:perplexedGoing through SO withdrawal. 24 days and counting. Ladies, what were/are your signs?
oh honey ain't easy. I moved out Wednesday and i find:
- mornings and nights while in bed feel soo lonely and cold
- i am reanalizing everything thinking that the way he treated me could have some how been my fault
- chronically checking his email:drunk: waiting to see if there will be anymore scandalous developments
- miss have a dance partner

- More money in my pocket

- My car is with me all the time and the gas needle is where I left it

Heard that!!

MizzBrown, I went through all of that. The worst was imagining him w/someone else and not me, KNOWING that he was, drove me up the wall.

Sometimes it takes quite a while to stop doing/noticing these things especially if he was your best friend :ohwell:. Making new friends and spending time with my old friends was what helped me the most.

Heard that!!

MizzBrown, I went through all of that. The worst was imagining him w/someone else and not me, KNOWING that he was, drove me up the wall.

Sometimes it takes quite a while to stop doing/noticing these things especially if he was your best friend :ohwell:. Making new friends and spending time with my old friends was what helped me the most.
preach!:sad:

My signs:

Ive been there and it is hard but the one thing I can tell you is that looking at your list I see a bunch of things that you were doing for him. It says alot that you dont have anything listed that he did for you except the membership card. Focus on that and you wont miss him so much. :)

Jeez.
It's been sooooo long since I had a "relationship," but when I did break up with this guy I was going through all of the same things. I was so used to him sleeping in the bed with me at night that when we broke up I couldn't sleep. I actually had to get one of those snuggle pillows (you know the long ones) to put behind me to help me get to sleep. Yeah yeah. I know, pathetic. That was the biggest sign for me.

The hardest part for me too was also wondering if he was with someone else and knowing that he was. I have a problem living in the present so I was always imagining them doing all the things that he and I would have, should have or could have done.

I always used to hate when people would say, "Time heals all wounds." It would work my nerves because I wanted to feel better right then and there. I didn't want to have to wait. Unfortunately, though, it was the truth. You can't rush through something like this even though it hurts like hell.

Just try to take one day at a time and try not to let your mind wander about if he's with someone else because that will drive you crazy. I drove my own self crazy doing that.

(((Hugs)))

My signs:

Mizz Brown

All the bolded above are what I am experiencing right now. I just called the phone company to down-grade my minutes package cause I am just gonna be paying for nothing.

I agree with what all the other posters said:

Not being able to sleep

Feeling very emotional at times

:wallbash::wallbash:

Jeez.
It's been sooooo long since I had a "relationship," but when I did break up with this guy I was going through all of the same things. I was so used to him sleeping in the bed with me at night that when we broke up I couldn't sleep. I actually had to get one of those snuggle pillows (you know the long ones) to put behind me to help me get to sleep. Yeah yeah. I know, pathetic. That was the biggest sign for me.

The hardest part for me too was also wondering if he was with someone else and knowing that he was. I have a problem living in the present so I was always imagining them doing all the things that he and I would have, should have or could have done.

I always used to hate when people would say, "Time heals all wounds." It would work my nerves because I wanted to feel better right then and there. I didn't want to have to wait. Unfortunately, though, it was the truth. You can't rush through something like this even though it hurts like hell.

Just try to take one day at a time and try not to let your mind wander about if he's with someone else because that will drive you crazy. I drove my own self crazy doing that.

(((Hugs)))

I hope this is true cause I need to know that one day I will not be feeling like this:nono:

I'm seven months into the break up, and although time has taken a lot of the pain away, it still hurts really bad. Its like a dull pain. My signs are:

-I have to change the station whenever a song that reminds me of him comes on.

-Every text message or phone call presents a tiny false hope that it might be him.

-I find myself wondering if he misses me as much as I miss him (which I doubt, since he dumped me for his children's mother).

-Wondering how his children's mother can be ok with herself knowing she's living in a house that I picked out, and lived in, and was basically forced out of so he could move her and her children in.

-Wondering why I can't get over this, especially since I was disrespected, and treated so badly.

-Wondering how life can be so unfair that 2 cheaters get the home and the family life I've always wanted, while I'm hung out to dry.

-I haven't had many relationships, so I wonder if I'll ever find someone to love me again like he did in the beginning.

Sorry to be so glum ladies. I didn't know love could hurt this much.

Last edited:
Man ya'll bout to make me cry up in here!!!!! I'm at work! I can't be sitting at my desk with runny makup!!!

But seriously, I really feel for you guys. I don't know how I would feel if my SO broke up with me! I try not to think about it, but lately since our relationship has been becomming more serious I can't help but have the worries sprout up in my head. What if he's cheating? What if he's really not into this relationship? I've really devoted a lot of time and effort and I really want it to work. Keep your heads up, ladies. You all are beautiful and I say to pray that God will bless you with a worthy man.

I'm seven months into the break up, and although time has taken a lot of the pain away, it still hurts really bad. Its like a dull pain. My signs are:

-I have to change the station whenever a song that reminds me of him comes home.

-Every text message or phone call presents a tiny false hope that it might be him.

-I find myself wondering if he misses me as much as I miss him (which I doubt, since he dumped me for his children's mother).

-Wondering how his children's mother can be ok with herself knowing she's living in a house that I picked out, and lived in, and was basically forced out of so he could move her and her children in.

-Wondering why I can't get over this, especially since I was disrespected, and treated so badly.

-Wondering how life can be so unfair that 2 cheaters get the home and the family life I've always wanted, while I'm hung out to dry.

-I haven't had many relationships, so I wonder if I'll ever find someone to love me again like he did in the beginning.

I experience the same feelings (@ the bolded)

-I have to change the station whenever a song that reminds me of him comes home.

This is how I feel right now. It has been 11 months and I cant seem to get over this. Everytime I think I'm close, I see him out with the girl he left me for and pain starts all over again.

I hope this is true cause I need to know that one day I will not be feeling like this:nono:

Yes. I promise you, it is VERY true. Time really does heal all wounds. I've been heart broken more than once. The only thing I can say is just try to look forward to that time when you'll feel better about you not being with him. Anytime I break up with someone I TRULY care for, I remind myself that I've been here before and just like I made it through before, I will make it through again.

I PROMISE you will get through it, but whatever you do...allow yourself time to grieve. Do not try to "be strong" and hide your feelings because it only leads to an emotional melt down. TRUST ME. I KNOW. LOL.

You look at his toothbrush in your bathroom and wonder if you should pack it up, along with all his other crap and return it to him. Or if you should leave it there just for a little while longer (it's only been a day, but it's still there):nono:.

You call his phone just to hear his voicemail.

You talk to his mom pretending to catch up but what you really want to hear is if he brought his new woman around.

Your family stops asking about him.

Wow this reminds me of breaking up with my ex. I thought that I would never find another love like that, but when I really opened myself to dating other men, because for the first year I practically compared everyman to him, I realized that that is possible. What I had with him was special, but it's not in my plan and I'm ok with that.

I kow one of my things is that I feel like I have no one to talk to....no one to text realy....and yes I too IMAgine him with someone else and getting his act together and being who I needed him to be....who cares if it really happens or not just thinking it kills me...LIPTY how was ur turkey day?

You look at his toothbrush in your bathroom and wonder if you should pack it up, along with all his other crap and return it to him. Or if you should leave it there just for a little while longer (it's only been a day, but it's still there):nono:.

Oh my gosh! I was wondering what he did with my stuff at his apartment. I had a whole drawer in his bathroom. What happened to my soap, toothbrush, baby wipes, bath sponge, slippers, etc? Did he throw it away?

The last time we had a "falling out", i returned to his apartment to find my stuff still in tact after us not speaking for a week. I was shocked he kept everything. So i wonder if he still did.

I had an overnight bag that i left by my door half packed for whenever I stayed over. That overnight bag stayed there for about a week, contemplating whether i should unpack it and put it up.

Back