*sigh* Its time for a MAJOR cut

I'm like drooling over your hair. It's GORGEOUS!!!
But I do understand the peril of wash days.
Maybe if you washed it more often, it would be less tedious.

Yes people, the time has come for me and most of my hair to part ways. I have been contemplating it for months now.

Back when I first joined, I used to always sit in awesome wonderment at the long haired ladies who had MBL hair who would cut back to BSL or APL or even shoulder length. Now I know. I know b/c I am in their shoes and it gers tiresome. Look what Im working with tonight.

3a20f7f2.jpg

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

This is after putting off the inevitable wash for an embarrassing amount of weeks that I cant revel b/c its just too...embarrassing. :ohwell: Wash day is hell and I truly detest and dread it so I think I will be better served cutting it to shoulder of to my neck. Then afterwards I may go natural again. I honestly dont think I'll miss it. Once I cut it, cuz I may do it myself, I'll post some pics.

I respect your decision and totally understand because it does take a lot of time to care for longer hair. The novelty hasn't worn off on me yet though, so I'm going to keep it up.

I bet just an inch or two will give you relief. It's such a big step to go to sl, it is probably best to take baby steps. I think you will find that you don't need too drastic of a cut.

I really think if you cut an inch or two that would probably help. Thats one of the big positives to a deep trim....detangling is cut in half because the ends are so fresh. I think your hair is beautiful, regardless of what you do please update us :yep:

I really think if you cut an inch or two that would probably help. Thats one of the big positives to a deep trim....detangling is cut in half because the ends are so fresh. I think your hair is beautiful, regardless of what you do please update us :yep:

Exactly what I was going to say.

ETA: I've always thought your hair was beautiful and even with a trim/cut, will probably still think so, lol.

Do what makes you happy. No point in having hair that you dread taking care of. I love your hair both relaxed and natural.

Sparkle, shuga....

if u cut ur hair, i'm gettin in my hog n drivin down to SC to whoop ur hinepots lololol.....

you've been such an inspiration to so many....

have you exhausted all options for "wash day"? For example, braiding then washing while in plats, etc?

I'm going to PM you.

Do what is best for you. Give yourself time, to make sure that you are sure.
If that's it, then you will be happy with your decision. Your hair is beautiful, but it does not define you or your beauty.

I will PM my address for you to mail it to me. I will have it sewn onto tracks :)

you just need it cut into a pretty hairstyle (but not a major cut). find someone who has a pretty hair style that you like and then go to their stylist.

You have been an inspiration. Do what you need to do but don't cut too much. My heart couldn't take it if you an Dlewis chopped too much hair off.

Your hair is so lush and gorgeous. But, hey, if it's too much to handle or even if you just want to switch things up - do what's best for YOU!

I often drool over very thick heads of hair but the last few weeks, I've been thinking "Yeah, I'd like the look of having thick hair but I don't know if I could deal with it. :nono: I have yet to build up the patience to delicately deal with my non-thick head of hair and seeing that patience is a finite resource, I just might go mad having to deal with exceptionally thick hair."

Thanks ya'll! :infatuated:

If I do cut it I will only do an inch or 3 instead of the big chop. Thats really the only kind of haircuts I know so I guess I can change it up and do a small one.

Beautiful hair though. If you cut it keep it to make a wig or clip in wefts for yourself when you want to wear a long hairstyle.

Back