*sigh* Its time for a MAJOR cut

Yes people, the time has come for me and most of my hair to part ways. I have been contemplating it for months now.

Back when I first joined, I used to always sit in awesome wonderment at the long haired ladies who had MBL hair who would cut back to BSL or APL or even shoulder length. Now I know. I know b/c I am in their shoes and it gers tiresome. Look what Im working with tonight.

3a20f7f2.jpg

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

This is after putting off the inevitable wash for an embarrassing amount of weeks that I cant revel b/c its just too...embarrassing. :ohwell: Wash day is hell and I truly detest and dread it so I think I will be better served cutting it to shoulder of to my neck. Then afterwards I may go natural again. I honestly dont think I'll miss it. Once I cut it, cuz I may do it myself, I'll post some pics.

OMG!!!!!!! Your hair has come a long way, even after you relaxed your hair has strived, I would love to take it off your head!!! LOL!!!

:spinning:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Just playing. :lachen: I can't wait until I have your problem. :yep:
I hope whatever you decide you are happy with your decision. You have a beautiful head of hair, and alot of it. Take lots of pics.

Your hair is beautiful but I never thought about the hair maintenance when I hit my goal. It make me think that long hair could be bothersome. Anyways it your hair and you could do whatever you want (hopefully not cut it to neck or shoulder length)

Speechless and you're thinking about transitioning...This is too much to take in at one time!!!!

You're thinking about cutting that gorgeous mane?? Well it'll be beautiful either way... can't wait to see the pics

If taking care of your hair is a burden and you have exhausted all your options, do what you need to do. Caring for your hair should not be a continuous battle. You can alway regrow it if you feel the need. Good luck with your decision.

If taking care of your hair is a burden and you have exhausted all your options, do what you need to do. Caring for your hair should not be a continuous battle. You can alway regrow it if you feel the need. Good luck with your decision.

or let someone else care for it. :yep:

It's soooo purrrrty!!!! :spinning:

I am one of the ladies who was heartbroken when you relaxed. So many of us adored your ginormous natural puff. Is it bad that I get a little giddy about you being natural again? Your relaxed hair is absolutely gorgeous but I still miss your natural hair.

My heart is breaking :sad:
but it's your hair, so :ohwell:
Do what makes you happy. :yep:

But I tell ya, if any more long-haired people post a thread about cutting their hair, I'm going to have to take an LHCF hiatus.....I can't take anymore cutting! :nono: :grin:

Well I want to cut it b/c Im tired of it but I think I'll hold off on an actual cut. I may take off an inch or two the next time I get it done instead of about 7 or 8. Im still contemplating transitioning tho.

When are you going to cut?

I've been thinking about cutting to, maybe we can cut together.
I was going to do it hopefully next week or he soonest that I can get an appt. Im still on the fence. *sigh* I finally washed it this morning and am under the dryer. It wasnt THAT bad so iono. How much do you want to cut and why?

I want to cut back to maybe BSL. It's to hard to manage all this hair. Detangling is a CHORE! And this hardwater at this new house is making it even more difficult.

Did you check your email? Look for the one from me.

Your hair does look rather overwhelming in your pic ... but that's a problem I would LOVE to have. I know you're probably sitting there like, "Yeah whatever, Tara ... you say that because you don't have to deal with alllllllllllllllllllllll this." And you'd be right.

But still ... it's a problem I'd LOVE to have. :look:

Oh ... and your hair is gorgeous and thick as usual.

*Jelly side eye*

I want to cut back to maybe BSL. It's to hard to manage all this hair. Detangling is a CHORE! And this hardwater at this new house is making it even more difficult.

Did you check your email? Look for the one from me.
I got it and I checked it out. I'll keep checking too! Thnx!

Your hair does look rather overwhelming in your pic ... but that's a problem I would LOVE to have. I know you're probably sitting there like, "Yeah whatever, Tara ... you say that because you don't have to deal with alllllllllllllllllllllll this." And you'd be right.

But still ... it's a problem I'd LOVE to have. :look:

Oh ... and your hair is gorgeous and thick as usual.

*Jelly side eye*
Yeah, it is overwhelming but the only MAJOR chore is wash day. Otherwise its in a ponytail. :perplexed

Do you wear it in a ponytail because you like it or because you don't want to deal with your hair?

If you plan on keeping it a ponytail all of the time, I wouldn't take too much off.

If you want to style your hair and do other things, go for it!!! By fly for the summer.

Do you wear it in a ponytail because you like it or because you don't want to deal with your hair?

If you plan on keeping it a ponytail all of the time, I wouldn't take too much off.

If you want to style your hair and do other things, go for it!!! By fly for the summer.
Mostly b/c I dont want to deal with it. :lol:

I understand how you feel and I am not even at that length. I am at apl and I want to cut my hair. When your hair is thick and long it is alot of work. Now I understand why my mother only did my hair every two weeks when I was young since it was long and thick. Enjoy your new hair cut.

Back