Sick Of My Natural Hair

I haven't had a relaxer in over 20 years and have always told girls that if they feel the need to relax their hair then do it. Why go another day being unhappy with your hair? Be true to yourself. You can always get rid of the relaxer if you wanted to go natural again.

P.S. What is the "natural look"?

I haven't had a relaxer in over 20 years and have always told girls that if they feel the need to relax their hair then do it. Why go another day being unhappy with your hair? Be true to yourself. You can always get rid of the relaxer if you wanted to go natural again.

P.S. What is the "natural look"?
The natural look: there is too much humidity here so I can't do wet sets or straighten. It is either an Afro, buns, updos and braids. It makes me look like a teenager which is not convenient for my job :).

The natural look: there is too much humidity here so I can't do wet sets or straighten. It is either an Afro, buns, updos and braids. It makes me look like a teenager which is not convenient for my job :).
you should try bkt...if you prefer your hair straighten 24-7, then relax and enjoy your hair :)

Hello Bunny!
I have never had such long periods of no grow with my relaxed hair. And I'm tired of the natural look :) those are mostly my reasons for wanting to change. I've felt that way for close to a year now.

Me too girl!!! I'm trying to figure it out now, the only hairstyle I really wear is a curly wash and go and it drives me CRAZY that it literally takes all day for my hair to dry.

I have decided to relax my hair with affirm. I bought the whole system + aphogee two step. I plan on doing a protein treatment this week then relax next week. My hair loves protein.
Ooh my goodness gracious, I'm shook, I'm trembling for you lol. Flash back or relaxing my hair then totally regretting it. Regret on the same level I had when I lost my virginity. That's just ME though lol. You do you. I hope all goes well and may this be a very happy journey.

Way to go. Do what's best for you. Jherri curl juice is not a cure all. I had long healthy relaxed hair and I didn't transition cause it was ate up and broken. I just did it to see.
Lol you're right it's not a cure all, but it's a sure fire moisturizer for me. And I'm so glad I have it. But you have to do what's right for you and your hair of course.

I did the aphogee yesterday then got my hair blow dried. I have a few SSKs but not many split ends (I trimmed recently). The longest parts un the back are two inches below BSL, BSL for the front.
I just read about olaplex, maybe I should have bought some.
Doing the aphogee to prepare is smart. Is the relaxer you are going to use lye or no lye?

I've been natural since 2005. In the past 5 years, my hair has barely grown, mostly because of split ends and SSKs.
I had two main reasons for going natural: growing longer and healthier hair and having more versatility.

At this point I want to straighten it (I was thinking about a lye relaxer) but I am not sure if there are safer/more effective/reversible technologies around nowadays.

Any help is appreciated.

This thread might be useful: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/ion-steam-pro-staightening-brush.822859/

If it turns out that this tool is safe for my curls, I might become a straight-haired natural and cleanse my hair with dry shampoo while doing twist-outs on my natural, heat-straightened hair for weeks at a time before washing and straightening again.

I can't wait to see the pix! You have beautiful, thick hair! :)

I was natural for almost 5 years - grew from shaved Ceasar cut to WL. I was frustrated with not getting to enjoy my length and with spending a day or two setting my hair for a braidout /twistout only for it to poof up the minute I walked out of the door. SMH.

I texlaxed in 2014 and have not regretted it. I have enjoyed feeling the wind on my scalp again and having my styles last. Whenever I miss my natty fro and poofy braidout, I just install some marley hair and do a braidout on that or rock a fro wig.

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I too went natural in 2005 and have had limited growth for similar reasons.

I'm about to buy a wig or two to change up my style and hide my hair for the winter in hopes that this will help. Maybe this could be an option for you too since you wanted versatility?

I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. I too went natural in 2005 and have had limited growth for similar reasons.

I'm about to buy a wig or two to change up my style and hide my hair for the winter in hopes that this will help. Maybe this could be an option for you too since you wanted versatility?
Hello Originalbeauty!

I've been wearing wigs for one year now. I have grown tired of it.

I did it !
I wanted to wait for olaplex but I will use it later.

I prepped with protecto, then applied the relaxer for 18 minutes (only 4 mins on the nape and edges). Then I conditioned with a mixture of positive link and the 5 in 1. I then shampooed and let it sit for 5 min. I had no pink lather at all. I am now deep conditioning with positive link and ORS Replenishing conditioner. I will get a roller set afterwards.

I did it !
I wanted to wait for olaplex but I will use it later.

I prepped with protecto, then applied the relaxer for 18 minutes (only 4 mins on the nape and edges). Then I conditioned with a mixture of positive link and the 5 in 1. I then shampooed and let it sit for 5 min. I had no pink lather at all. I am now deep conditioning with positive link and ORS Replenishing conditioner. I will get a roller set afterwards.

Ooh any pics please! :D

Back