Shu Uemura Essence Absolue

brownbean96

:hiya3:
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue

I'm a bit familiar with the skin Care line but this is for hair. Has anyone ever heard of or used this prodcut? It was mentioned on Essence - http://photos.essence.com/galleries/celebrity_blowouts#302401

I'd like to investigate products when mentioned in magazines so I did a search-a-roo and oh my goodness. This product is all the rave

Everyone's talking about it -
http://www.thefreshfiends.com/shew-review-shu-uemura-essence-absolue/

http://www.stylelist.com/2009/11/23/shu-uemura-essence-absolue/

It seems to be the end all be out for a fierce blow out. Has anyone tried it? If so, :feedback:

If not, it seems that one would have to wait seeing that it's sold out worldwide!!!:yep: :yep:
http://www.shuuemuraartofhair-usa.com/search/essence-absolue.aspx?message=thankyou

Of course the PJ inside of me :Blush2:, would like to try it which is why I signed up to be notified when it is available.

It's not cheap, it's anywhere from 60-100 a pop! :wow:
I know expensive but it would last me forever since I hardly every straigthen my hair.

Last edited:
Uh Oh! BB96, You done started something up in here, this sounds Very, Very interesting, Thank You So Much for sharing, I can't wait to do an investigation on this, It sounds like a must do! Boy that word "Protective" just peeked My interest!

Hi Leesh, your welcome! It does sound interesting doesn't it.

Uh Oh! BB96, You done started something up in here, this sounds Very, Very interesting, Thank You So Much for sharing, I can't wait to do an investigation on this, It sounds like a must do! Boy that word "Protective" just peeked My interest!

I've heard quite a bit of buzz about it too, but once I saw the price tag, I was like no thanks, I'll stick to my evoo, my cocasta and the likes. I don't remember the exact price but it was something so ridic that it turned even a frivolous spender like me away.

I'm gonna try to see if I can find it and post..

$65 for a teeny bottle. looks like 4 oz if that!!

Last edited:
I know the price is a really crazy. I really want to try it though. I'm not sure if the ebay price is what it will retail for though. That may be the 'you can't find this anywhere else so i can charge more' price. Since I'm not really all that pressed, I'm going to wait until it hit's the shelves again.

I have seen it on ebay starting bid $65.00 with no bidders so maybe i will try and get it if it ends near that price. In the meantime I put my name on the waiting list, the regular price threw the site is $60.00. Hey if its works im willing to shell out $60.00 but that's my limit.

yes 65.00 is much resonable. if you end up getting it off ebay, please report when you use it. I'm sooo curious. I think I may wait until it's in stock on the site.

I have seen it on ebay starting bid $65.00 with no bidders so maybe i will try and get it if it ends near that price. In the meantime I put my name on the waiting list, the regular price threw the site is $60.00. Hey if its works im willing to shell out $60.00 but that's my limit.

I definitely will let the board know what i think if i get it. I see now its been bid on but im keeping my eye on it. I read some amazing reviews on it only complaint is the price. I called the company and they said they wont have it in for about a month. Im surprised because if i read correctly this company is under the Loreal umbrella, so they should be stepping up production unless this is a strategic way to beef up demand. Apparently they didn't anticipate the demand being so good they sold out all over the world.

shu uemura is a RIP OFF! i saw one of their facial cleansing oils and it has so much crap in it my jaw hit the ground! the facial oil i make is cheaper and better than the stuff they put in a pretty bottle and sell for bookoo dollars.

Here are the ingredients (I kind of obsess over ingredients): cyclopentsiloxane, dimethiconol, camellia kissi/camellia kissi seed oil, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, parfum/fragrance.

^cone soup, lol

although thats to be expected for a serum. Idk i'm getting the feeling that they intentionally underproduced to generate a bigger buzz for their "sold out worldwide" product.

I'll believe it when I see black girls (sans weave, lol @ that essence link) show up with pictures.

Well the one being sold on ebay is up to 100 bucks and Im not that curious about it and now after seeing the ingredients im not particularly as interested...LOL....I also agree, that they probably purposely kept production limited to drive up demand. I will have to see some more reviews and results before I try it.

Is th is the ingredients for the face oil or hair oil?
Here are the ingredients (I kind of obsess over ingredients): cyclopentsiloxane, dimethiconol, camellia kissi/camellia kissi seed oil, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, parfum/fragrance.

I agree with both of the bolded :yep:. I wouldnt mind trying it though.

^cone soup, lol

although thats to be expected for a serum. Idk i'm getting the feeling that they intentionally underproduced to generate a bigger buzz for their "sold out worldwide" product.

I'll believe it when I see black girls (sans weave, lol @ that essence link) show up with pictures.

shu uemura is a RIP OFF! i saw one of their facial cleansing oils and it has so much crap in it my jaw hit the ground! the facial oil i make is cheaper and better than the stuff they put in a pretty bottle and sell for bookoo dollars.
How do you make your own facial oil? Is it the one with the lavendar in it?

Sorry, let me rephrase the question. What kind of product is the cleansing oil? What kind of oil is it/what does it do?

Your, right, the product is no longer available through the link. It was available when I first posted it - I promise. But now, like you said, it's not there anymore. Allegedly, this product was on CRAZY back order so it could be that they are sold out! That would be crazy (sold out in a few hours) But then again, stranger things have happened.
You confused me with your question :yep:. I have been unable to order from the link you posted.

Well I just had a PJ moment and I placed an order for the Absolue Oil :yep::yep::yep:.

I'll need to check the bottle for the ingredients. You put it on your face (dry) with dry hands and then splash water on your face and it turns into a sudsy wash. My face does not feel oily or dry. It's a really big bottle, I got mine via QVC.

Well I received my shipping email yesterday. I should have it early next week. I am too excited to try it :lachen:.

Yippey!!! That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear about the results. I can no longer access the ling myself. Doesn't really matter right now becuse I don't have the extra dough to get it. So glad you're trying it. Please let me know how it turns out.

Well I received my shipping email yesterday. I should have it early next week. I am too excited to try it :lachen:.

Received Friday used today...I must say i LOVE this oil. The smell is to die for and its light but moisturizing, i looked up each ingredient of this oil and found that each ingedient was only not a harmful concinogen but the camila oil is very good for the hair. I will say it is expensive but the bottle is a good size and one pump goes a long way and i have thick hair. This will be a regular staple daily.

Why do I feel that if I add a some Camellia seed oil to bottle of Chi Silk Infusion I would get the same effect as this $60 serum? BTW CamdenGrey.com has Camellia oil for $21.50 for 1lb and add GVP's version of Silk Infusion I think you have a serum just as effective as this expensive one:grin:

Back