SHOW YOUR NG PIX PLEASE

Great pictures! Everyone's hair is so lovely. I love texture shots, the difference in relaxed vs the new growth always amazes me.

LB1114, I used to think that my hair grew .3 a month but then some months it was .5 so I just measured and it averaged .4 inches a month.
I tried ovation for a month some time last year but I didn't notice a difference honestly.
I am just cleaning up my diet and exercising now. Hopefully this will help counteract my PCOS which used to make my hair just fall out from touching it.

OMG I HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(polysistic overy syndrom right?)
is that why when my hair is wet it comes out like someone put nair in my conditioner??? i had no idea that was because of that!!

Im just 12 weeks post here:
picture.php

awesome thread ladies! I have no pics and just a teeny bit of NG at 9 weeks post but you are inspiring me! :grin:

Great thread!!!

I have pics of my ng at home on my pc.

**marking my spot**

IDK if I should BC or not...(I posted my NG on page 1 of this thread).

My next trim is due March 28.
My 1 year transitioning anniversary is May 2.
My 35th birthday is June 11.

IDK what to do...I feel like I want to cut but I am a little scared.

eta: months post

April(~1 month post)~July(4)~November(7-8)
2009newgrowthcomparison-vi.jpg

Late Fall 09
100_0035-vi.jpg

Jan 10 (10 months post)
100_0298-vi.jpg

Last edited:
It took me a while to figure out NG means new growth :grin:

These pictures were taken around the end of December 2009, so that was about 8 months into my transition

Attachments

• P1060461.jpg
    P1060461.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 67
  • P1060463.jpg
    P1060463.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 62
OMG I HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(polysistic overy syndrom right?)
is that why when my hair is wet it comes out like someone put nair in my conditioner??? i had no idea that was because of that!!

Yes, that is PCOS.
It causes hair loss and male pattern baldness in females.
My hair would just fall out if you slightly touched it, even while dry.
You may notice that your nails are weak also.

Here is a pic of my NG. I am 14 weeks post. My hair has very small coils. I still have some relaxed hair left, but that is going to be less as I stretch into March.

Hen's Pics 0811.JPG Hen's Pics 07011.JPG

:yep: That's exactly what my new growth does!

:hiya:
I've been checking your fotki and you hadn't updated in a while... are you back in hair world now?

YES!! Even though this is a cyber-world...I really do miss you ladies. I am back and here to stay! I just bought a Pibbs 514, so I am serious about it. I'm taking pictures as we speak to update my fotki.

Your hair is beautiful!! Have fun on your transition :drunk:

NG7MNTHS1.jpg

This was taken today of my lovely NG...! (PS: in case anyone's wondering, yes, that's a bald spot that I've had since I was a little girl... lol)

i'm transitioning, & here are pics of my unstretched roots. i'm 21 weeks post in these pictures., & my last relaxer (ever!) was on september 5, 2009.

i cut off the relaxed ends so i could see how my hair would curl up once i was fully natural.

Attachments

• 21weeks.jpg
    21weeks.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 21weeks2.jpg
    21weeks2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 44
Wondering why you stopped using MT?

It was a combination of things...money is #1 :lol: but I was a newbie at the time hopping on a bunch of bandwagons and after I relaxed my hair from that stretch...I realized the left side of my hair had broken off real bad. If you look at my Avi [3 mos later] u can see how the left was a little shorter but it had got better. Now its all even [finally] so I think the MT had something to do with it..I may go back to it one day..but for now I'm just trying to keep it simple :yep:

Back