Shout out to Dlewis you are my hair inspiration.....

fancypants007

I visit your hair blog all the time and look at your albums. You have made tremendous progress over the years and your hair is absolutely gorgeous, both straight and wash and go. I also love your ponytail. I have bookmarked your hair blog so I can visit it often to inspire me to continue on my hair journey. Do you self-relax? I was wondering about Lady Velvet relaxer and I thought it was too strong, but in doing research I see that it may be one of the low ph relaxers. How does it make your hair feel.

I visit your hair blog all the time and look at your albums. You have made tremendous progress over the years and your hair is absolutely gorgeous, both straight and wash and go. I also love your ponytail. I have bookmarked your hair blog so I can visit it often to inspire me to continue on my hair journey. Do you self-relax? I was wondering about Lady Velvet relaxer and I thought it was too strong, but in doing research I see that it may be one of the low ph relaxers. How does it make your hair feel.

:shocked::kiss:

I love lady velvet relaxer. I use the mild. I do self- relax. My hair is soft and feels very healthy. It is as healthy as texlaxed hair can be.:yep:

:shocked::kiss:

I love lady velvet relaxer. I use the mild. I do self- relax. My hair is soft and feels very healthy. It is as healthy as texlaxed hair can be.:yep:

Thanks for responding. I'm going to purchase the Lady Velvet relaxer. I use to do my own relaxers and had no problem because like you I was only interested in reducing the kink/curl; but when I started getting them professionally done I started having problems. I'm stretching my relaxers and will not be doing another one until October. Before that time I'm going to purchase a 2lb tub of Lady Velvet (mild) because my hair texture is fine but I have soo much volume. May I please make a request Can you put together a tutorial of how you self-relax your hair using conditioner instead of the relaxer itself. I know it probably would be hard using the actual relaxer because you're racing against the clock to get it done, but someone else suggested they would do one using conditioner, and I have yet to see that tutorial. I know you are so thorough with explanations and have lots of pictures, it would just be nice to have something to refer to when you're trying to do something that can be potentially harmful to your hair. I'm still learning the process of how to take care of my hair and want to continue to progress without any setbacks.

Thanks for responding. I'm going to purchase the Lady Velvet relaxer. I use to do my own relaxers and had no problem because like you I was only interested in reducing the kink/curl; but when I started getting them professionally done I started having problems. I'm stretching my relaxers and will not be doing another one until October. Before that time I'm going to purchase a 2lb tub of Lady Velvet (mild) because my hair texture is fine but I have soo much volume. May I please make a request Can you put together a tutorial of how you self-relax your hair using conditioner instead of the relaxer itself. I know it probably would be hard using the actual relaxer because you're racing against the clock to get it done, but someone else suggested they would do one using conditioner, and I have yet to see that tutorial. I know you are so thorough with explanations and have lots of pictures, it would just be nice to have something to refer to when you're trying to do something that can be potentially harmful to your hair. I'm still learning the process of how to take care of my hair and want to continue to progress without any setbacks.

I'll do that.:yep: I've wanted to do a relaxer tutorial for awhile but couldn't figure out how I could take 50-11 pictures and get it done in a timely manner. This is doable.

DLewis, I was on your page today drooling over all the yummy food pictures. Congrats to your daughter for making honor roll!

I'll do that.:yep: I've wanted to do a relaxer tutorial for awhile but couldn't figure out how I could take 50-11 pictures and get it done in a timely manner. This is doable.

Thank you so so much. I can't wait to see it. I'm going to make a copy and put in my hairbook reference guide that I've made. I'm use to doing my own relaxers, but was never quite sure I was doing it correctly. When I do it in October, this way I will have something to go by. Thanks again.

Back