Shoulder Length Challenge #2

Y'all, I'm really frustrated. I know my hair has grown but I thought I would be at shoulder length by now. I think in reality, I have at least two more months ahead of me, probably more around three. I've been trying to go without heat as long as possible but I think I may cave in soon. The ends of my hair have also become very knotty as of late...it seems that everytime I wash my hair, I find a new knot or two. Does this mean it's time to trim or should I perhaps invest in a better detangling comb/conditioner?

Ugh, I'm just not feeling hair care and my hair right now. I think I'm frustrated because I'm now at the same length my hair was before I BCed and I'm prolly just worried that I'll always be at this length.I am eager to get out of this stage!

First of all,
big hello to Plove, your the first person to actually welcome me.:)
Now for this month's results

kaysgrowinghair3.jpg

kaysgrowinghair1.jpg

IvyHair said:
Y'all, I'm really frustrated. I know my hair has grown but I thought I would be at shoulder length by now. I think in reality, I have at least two more months ahead of me, probably more around three. I've been trying to go without heat as long as possible but I think I may cave in soon. The ends of my hair have also become very knotty as of late...it seems that everytime I wash my hair, I find a new knot or two. Does this mean it's time to trim or should I perhaps invest in a better detangling comb/conditioner?

Ugh, I'm just not feeling hair care and my hair right now. I think I'm frustrated because I'm now at the same length my hair was before I BCed and I'm prolly just worried that I'll always be at this length.I am eager to get out of this stage!
Are you talking about knots from shed hair or individual strands? Unfortunately, strand knots are a normal occurance for natural hair. I know for my hair, if I were to use heat, whatever knots I have would turn into splits later. Have you tried some protective styles, like twists, yet? Try a tiny trim and see if that helps. Some people swear that the longer hair gets, the few knots you get...I guess we will find out together. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I am doing okay. I had a did a 1/4 inch cut on yesterday, because my ends were alittle too scraggely. Hopefully now I can gain my inches so that I can be should length all around.

My ends are breaking off and I am shedding a lot. I am trying to keep my hair from drying out but it seems impossible, my hair just soaks up moisture these days. I am happy though that I am now able to put my hair into a decent ponytail! I think I am officially shoulder length in the back, now I am aiming to get my sides at shoulder length by December. Hopefully the breakage stops because it is scaring me.

*taptaptap* Is this thing on? Has anyone hit SL yet? Tonight, I will attempt putting in my first set of twists, ever. :eek: I will keep my head covered while wearing them because I know they will be a mess.

Pray for me...:lol:

Hi everyone I know I'm late.
So how is everyone doing we have 2 more months to grow.

As for me I think the back is at SL.
But I want the sides to be at SL.

My back layer is shoulder length. I get a relaxer today so hopefully it will be official shoulder length. My goal for June '07 is to have shoulder length on the sides. Two more months to grow and I cant wait to see the length get longer!

I wanna join!!!!!:yay:

yeah..I need to be shoulder length all around. don't know if i'll make it by december..but I'm praying. hard!!

SG

HAIR I AM

that is some great growth...looking @ your hair i ithink i need to get a shape

I'll try this. I too have had some setbacks, but I am taking my vits and sticking to a good hair care regimen. Count me in

i just pressed my hair....we've got some neck hair with some longer pieces here and there. I'm hoping for shoulderlenght by december...2 months, let's work it out!!

ok I've got a lot of work to do with my hair. I haven't seen any progress. Im a little worried about my shedding/ breakage. mainly shedding. I've been deep conditioning very week, no heat except for the deep conditioner. moisturizing every day.but i need to start sealing it with some oil. im almost 7 weeks post relaxer shooting for 10. my left side is thin. but i think that was from when i used to get it pressed. anyway im gonna keep trying. I HAVE to be SL by next year.

Update: I am becoming very disappointed and it seems as though my nightmares about not making it to shoulder length by my birthday (Dec. 7th) because of setbacks might just come true. :( I am SO DETERMINED because I have NEVER been past SL since I was 11. Everytime I have gotten close it seems as though stylists decide to cut it because of "damage." I got a relaxer yesterday and noticed a LOT of breakage when my stylist was washing out my perm and almost died. Then she trimmed my hair because it was uneven and I hate that, but I really needed a trim, yet she always trims too much.:mad: Basically all the growth I had gained was trimmed off so I have not gained a single millimeter and Im getting frustrated. I only have two more months and I feel like something is going to happen and I'll end up back at square one again.:(

I noticed that I gained more growth with vitamins so I will get back on them for the next two months. Good luck to the rest of you who are having setbacks and congrats to the ones who are making progress.

Sweetg said:
I wanna join!!!!!:yay:

yeah..I need to be shoulder length all around. don't know if i'll make it by december..but I'm praying. hard!!

SG

HAIR I AM

that is some great growth...looking @ your hair i ithink i need to get a shape

Thanks Sweetg
I'm pressing in for full shoulder by Dec.
I'll trim when I'm even all around , until then I'll dust every month.
For those with set backs ..just keep on going and keep on praying.
Remember Jesus cares about the small things too.;)

My comparison shots for the end of Sept are in my album

OK, I think it is time for me to graduate y'all and join the APL one. Good luck ladies and thank you Plove!:D

Attachments

• Length shot 10-19-06.JPG
    Length shot 10-19-06.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Front length shot 10-19-06.JPG
    Front length shot 10-19-06.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 3
How are you doing ladies? :wave: Just wanted to see how you and your hair are coming along. December is approaching. What if any (will you or are you) doing to help encourage more growth?

I started back on my vitamins for this stretch. I will probably be stretching for about 11 weeks so I am seeking the most growth potential. I can see the progress I have made and hope to join the APL challenge in January. :) My primary focus is on keeping my ends moisturized. They tend to be very dry these days with the cold weather. I dont have enough hair to put in a decent bun yet. I currently have a little less than 1/4" of new growth after 1 month post-relaxer. Hopefully I can gain an inch by December **crosses fingers**

Would love to see some picks of how the ladies are doing.
Any takers

Happy Belated Thanksgiving ladies

;)

Update:

I stretched for 9 weeks and i think that's my limit. I didn't have enough perm to do my touch up because i had so much new growth. thank god i relax in halves so i was able to go out and get more.

The vitamins are working for me (biotin/silica/hairskinnails) and from week 5 onwards i use surge plus 14 twice a day on top of my daily moisturizing.
I wear constant protective styles but i am going to switch it up a bit for a variety.

I'm very happy with my progress. And the support from the hairboard really really helps.:)

Sign me up!! I am currently 7 weeks post. I'll try to shoot for 10 or 12 since I only have about 1/4 inch NG. I am also a preggy so hopefully the extra growth will kick in soon.

My official starting point is in my avatar. Im really thinking about doing a sew in and using MTG everyday for growth. Also changing my diet should help my growth also.

I'm in too! There was no way i was going to be shoulder length by June, so i couldn't participate in the first challenge. Now that my hair is fully covering my ears, I think I may be able to reach Shoulder Length (esp. with my MN nightly applications).

Question though ladies, What's your opinion on bunning with this length of hair. I have a phony bun, but i'm worried about the effect of 1) pulling all of my hair back into a bun and 2) cowashing and wet bunning with a phony bun

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Back