Shoulder length and longer how long do you wait

HealthyHair

How long do you ladies with shoulder length or longer wait in between relaxers, I usually wait like 10 or more weeks, but my hair is blazing new growth, it's only been 7 weeks which to me usually is not long at all, but I can't take it no more!! I'm already planning for a touchup on the 9th week, 10th at the latest. Is this bad? I have almost a half inch (not much compared to some of you, I know), but it's thick and it's driving me nuts. I'm curious how long those of you with shoulder length or longer wait in between relaxers.

Personally, I think it depends on your hair growth and if you can manage your hair without excessive shedding, or damage. Why stretch it out any longer if it is getting difficult to manage? Are you really reaping any benefits?

Queen, I've always just stretched it out because many of the women on the board with similar hair length did the same, some even going for t/u only 4 times a year, also it's supposed to be beneficial to the scalp and hair to stretch out relaxer applications as long as possible unless there is excessive sheeding/damage.
I usually use dominican blowouts to stretch out my relaxer, but for the first time my roots are look puffy after just the 2nd day and I just feel bushy! Basically I don't know if I'm just being vain and therefore should continue to hold out or if it's okay to go ahead and get a touchup.

Re: Shoulder length and longer how long do you wai

I have about an inch + 1/4 of new growth. I'm trying to stretch it out for one more month. I'm using a blow dryer with comb attachment to straighten the new growth weekly. I wrap my hair up at night and immediately following the drying. I'm doing fine right now but my outer edges need some maintainence.

I have been doing 10 weeks these last few rounds--it's really working for me!

I touch up about 3x per year. So that would be every 16 weeks. I do it because that's what i'm use to. I usually wear my hair up anyway and my new growth is thick but very soft so it doesn't really bother me that much except when i want to wear my hair out
laugh.gif

every 3 months but planning to stretch to 4 this time and see what happens.

Usually 13 weeks for me. If I wait longer, I start to see shedding.

i usually dont go longer than 8 weeks, but i'm trying to go 11.. don't know if I can make it because i'm only at week 5 and already have an inch of new growth and my hair is becoming harder to deal with.

I am going for a touch-up this saturday and this is the longest I've ever gone: 18 weeks and 3 days... I dont plan on ever waiting that long again unless I got braids. From now on I'll try to go every 10-12 weeks

Usually six months. I haven't gotten one this year yet and I'm not sure if or when I will get one in.

Usually 4 months...but I'm trying to go for 6...or as long as I can. Only the Summer humidity will tell...

12-16 weeks. I wear my hair in a ponytail most if not all of the time so u can't really tell. If I let my hair out, now thats another story
look.gif

Back