Should I take out my weave after 2 weeks??

cdawnlewis

Sounds crazy...I know..but I changed my mind about having this weave!! Maybe it's because I'm a total PJ and want to try new products but can't because of the sew in I got 2 weeks ago! Am I crazy for wanting to take it out now?? I like the convenience of it and all, and it looks totally natural, but I miss my hair:( And I miss the head massages my boo would give me too!!!! :lachen:Has anyone been in this predicament??

I'm presently in this predicament (blank stare) SIGH…but it’s because I don’t care for how the weave looks on me. I tried curly hair…and I dig it…my issue?? How the weave was installed..it’s just too much in my face and I’m not a hair in the face kind of girl…never really have been. PLUS its A LOT of hair for me. I don’t mind big hair..my natural hair is big…but it just..idk…I no likey. But I paid duckets for this install…so I’m FORCING myself to leave it in for at LEAST a month…2 weeks and 5 days to go…but who’s counting??

~S~

I have felt like that but then i remember how much i paid for it, even though i know i don't pay as much as everyone else for the install, i still say... yea im good with keeping it in.

Not me - I have often missed my natural hair and playing in it but when I spend money on a hair style I weigh the cost benefits as well and I know how long I need to leave it in to make it cost effective (as long as it does not cause any damage). Unless its tore up and looking kinda skanky I'd have to ride it out. Ask your Boo to massage other parts of your body (the feet awww or the shoulders)!

If it's not bothering your head I would leave it alone.

I had a weave once for 5 hours and I didn't like it so I took it out and never got one again.

If I were to try it again, I would keep it in just for the amount of time to get my money's worth.

I'm presently in this predicament (blank stare) SIGH…but it’s because I don’t care for how the weave looks on me. I tried curly hair…and I dig it…my issue?? How the weave was installed..it’s just too much in my face and I’m not a hair in the face kind of girl…never really have been. PLUS its A LOT of hair for me. I don’t mind big hair..my natural hair is big…but it just..idk…I no likey. But I paid duckets for this install…so I’m FORCING myself to leave it in for at LEAST a month…2 weeks and 5 days to go…but who’s counting??

~S~
I feel you on that!!! I'm TRYING to leave it in for at least a month too, but my issue is the horseshoe that was left out...I feel too little of it was left out!! :wallbash:

If it's not bothering your head I would leave it alone.

I had a weave once for 5 hours and I didn't like it so I took it out and never got one again.

If I were to try it again, I would keep it in just for the amount of time to get my money's worth.

Well it kinda is bothering my head! I found a teeny tiny scab/sore by where my hair was braided on the side and that freaks me out!! I'm trying to keep it in as long as I can but I feel like if I do, my hair will come out in chunks for some reason!! Don't know why I feel that way!

i say leave it in.
and i know the feeling....whenever i didn't like a weave i'd try to find any old excuse. "oh, i see a speck of dandruff, time for it to come down." so i just slap myself and keep it moving.
you'll feel good later about not wasting your money. also, think of this as building up discipline. maybe this could cure your PJ'ism...it sure took all the fire out of me. :yep:

Back