Should I Recommend the Baggie Method to her???????

SherryLove

My co-worker just complained about her ends constantly splitting....she wears her hair out a lot and does not use a lot of heat.....should i recommend the baggie method to her????????

If she’s complaining to you, that may be her subtle way of “asking for advice”. I would just ask her if she’s open to suggestions. If she enthusiastically says “yes”, then I would share your technique. If she kinda hesitates with the response like she’s not really interested in good advice, then she’s probably complaining just to hear herself talk.

[ QUOTE ]
cowgirl said:
If she’s complaining to you, that may be her subtle way of “asking for advice”. I would just ask her if she’s open to suggestions. If she enthusiastically says “yes”, then I would share your technique. If she kinda hesitates with the response like she’s not really interested in good advice, then she’s probably complaining just to hear herself talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to suggest it, but I am not sure if the baggie method helps....I've read some posts on it,, but I have never really tried it long enough to know if it's effective......

If she's not using heat why is she splitting so much? I would suggest a good trim and sealing the ends w/shealoe or something.
Never used the baggie method, b/c I can't get w/the phoney pony thing. But for my friends that wear pieces, I do share the method b/c I do think it's valuable.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
If she's not using heat why is she splitting so much? I would suggest a good trim and sealing the ends w/shealoe or something.
Never used the baggie method, b/c I can't get w/the phoney pony thing. But for my friends that wear pieces, I do share the method b/c I do think it's valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am thinking maybe her hair is overprocessed.....
frown.gif
i was thinking maybe she can do this technique at night.....

Trying the technique at night would be a good suggestion. And if she decides to trim the splits, this technique may help prevent future splits.

[ QUOTE ]
cowgirl said:
Trying the technique at night would be a good suggestion. And if she decides to trim the splits, this technique may help prevent future splits.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, cowgirl........do any of the ladies who currently use this method find they have to trim their ends less???

I've used this technique for a number of months and I've had to trim my ends less. I also retained above average growth (7 inches) in less than a year while using this method coupled with cornrows.

I left my hair in the baggie with oil for a week at a time, shampooing and conditioning and deep conditioning once a week.

If she takes her hair out of the baggie in the morning, she may have to squeeze out some of the oil from her hair or it may drip. I didn't have to do this because by the end of the week, there was very little oil left that my hair hadn't already absorbed.

She should get a good trim first and then check her styling habits.

Is she raking her hair instead of combing it gently? If she brushes, is she using the correct brush for her texture? Is she doing hot oil, oil, or deep conditioning treatments?

If she doesn't want to do the baggie method for any amount of time, suggest S-curl or another moisturizer and have her spritz her hair with it twice a week and keep her ends up. They will stay moisturized and protected and less likely to split.

HTH!

I do the baggie method every now and then and I think it's a good recommendation. It really gives the ends a chance to marinate in moisture and they stay so soft.. Hmmm...See now I gotta go and get my baggies for tonight!

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
I've used this technique for a number of months and I've had to trim my ends less. I also retained above average growth (7 inches) in less than a year while using this method coupled with cornrows.

I left my hair in the baggie with oil for a week at a time, shampooing and conditioning and deep conditioning once a week.

If she takes her hair out of the baggie in the morning, she may have to squeeze out some of the oil from her hair or it may drip. I didn't have to do this because by the end of the week, there was very little oil left that my hair hadn't already absorbed.

She should get a good trim first and then check her styling habits.

Is she raking her hair instead of combing it gently? If she brushes, is she using the correct brush for her texture? Is she doing hot oil, oil, or deep conditioning treatments?

If she doesn't want to do the baggie method for any amount of time, suggest S-curl or another moisturizer and have her spritz her hair with it twice a week and keep her ends up. They will stay moisturized and protected and less likely to split.

HTH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Boa D.....my co-worker said she barely combs/brushes her hair....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I will definitely found out what type of brush/comb she uses when she decides to do hair and recommend some good brushes/combs for doing her hair....Thanks, Boa D.

Thanks, God Z......
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back