Should I Get A RINSE?

aloof one

Heres the deal: I got hilights a year ago, my first ever. However I have colored before years ago and should have learned my lesson. PERMANENT COLOR = EVIL for my hair. When I wanted to go red, I went orange. When I wanted reddish-brown hilights, I got blonde chunks. They were cute for a minute but now theyre orange-yellow from being old I guess. This mess is ate up! And the only thing that is keeping me from cutting it off is the fact that the hilights are on the top an that would mean I would have to have a BOY cut to get rid of it all. I am pretty confident about my hair, it could be a HAM and Id still go in public--- I walk around with these ate up hilights in the back anyway. But I want to do something about it before I go back to school this fall.

So I was contemplating buying a hair rinse to disguise my hilights for a while until I am ready to let them go. I was thinking of getting jet black or brown, or maybe a reddish brown or that blue-black that (pardon me for sounding ignorant) looks like asian-peoples hair. I know NOTHING about rinses, so I am grateful for ANY and ALL help. Here are my questions:

1. If I get a RINSE, will my hair fall out? Keep in mind Im transitioning and have about 3 in of newgrowth and some permanent hilights already:ohwell:
  2. How permanent is a rinse? Am I going to wake up in 2 wks and its gone?
  3. Can I do it again after it fades out? Cause I'll probably want to..
  4. Do you know any good colors that would show up on my hair (my NG is black right now but typically my hair turns dark brown with some reddish kind of tints after being in the sun all fall in TX)
TIA,
Josie

-Rinses are not damaging at all. They're very safe for your hair.
-Rinses are not permanent; they are temporary. They can last a few weeks or shampoos depending on how often you shampoo. If you plan to do the rinse yourself, usually on the package it states how many shampoos it will last.
-As soon as the color starts to fade, you can definitely get another rinse.
-I don't know what colors would work with your highlighted hair. I would suggest that you go to a professional to ensure you get optimal results and exactly what you want.

HTH.

thank you so much
I was on the way to the store after work, lol and didnt wanna get it and not do somethin right, and everywehre i searched on the internet I didnt really get anything :(. im gonna ask the stylist when i get to the salon

anyway, thanks!

Heres the deal: I got hilights a year ago, my first ever. However I have colored before years ago and should have learned my lesson. PERMANENT COLOR = EVIL for my hair. When I wanted to go red, I went orange. When I wanted reddish-brown hilights, I got blonde chunks. They were cute for a minute but now theyre orange-yellow from being old I guess. This mess is ate up! And the only thing that is keeping me from cutting it off is the fact that the hilights are on the top an that would mean I would have to have a BOY cut to get rid of it all. I am pretty confident about my hair, it could be a HAM and Id still go in public--- I walk around with these ate up hilights in the back anyway. But I want to do something about it before I go back to school this fall.

So I was contemplating buying a hair rinse to disguise my hilights for a while until I am ready to let them go. I was thinking of getting jet black or brown, or maybe a reddish brown or that blue-black that (pardon me for sounding ignorant) looks like asian-peoples hair. I know NOTHING about rinses, so I am grateful for ANY and ALL help. Here are my questions:

1. If I get a RINSE, will my hair fall out? Keep in mind Im transitioning and have about 3 in of newgrowth and some permanent hilights already:ohwell:
  2. How permanent is a rinse? Am I going to wake up in 2 wks and its gone?
  3. Can I do it again after it fades out? Cause I'll probably want to..
  4. Do you know any good colors that would show up on my hair (my NG is black right now but typically my hair turns dark brown with some reddish kind of tints after being in the sun all fall in TX)
TIA,
Josie

Sorry to hear about your troubles!
To answer your questions the rinse should only last a few washes. You can do it over after it fades. Also it shouldn't be damaging at all. If you are looking to achieve a jet black or deep brown tone, you will more than likely have to buy two rinses. One in black and one in a red color. Based on what you described, your hair has blondish hilights so the red would be necessary to prevent your hair from turning green. In a color applicator bottle you could just add a little bit of the red into the black color, mix it a little bit and then apply. That should produce a deep dark color. Or you could do it as a two step process. Red first then black. I HTH

Back