Should I Forgo a Perm since I am getting a Weave?

Country gal

I want to get a sewn in weave and sport it for about two months. My last perm was in Late January. I am do for another touch up but thougt I should forgo it. Thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
i think it will be better to not perm your hair before you get the weave.

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
Same with braids. Then again you do want your hair to blend in with the weave. Good question!

Are you getting a straight one? Even so, you can just press or flat iron the exposed parts. Weaves last longer on relaxed hair that has newgrowth. They don't loosen as quickly.

I was thinking of getting a page boy with cropped bangs. I see some ladies in mags sporting this style. Or maybe a wet and wavy look. What are some good suggestions for a style?

I like both ideas, although the wet-n-wavy weave will probably be more maintenance, and it's kinda hard finding a decent version of this hair (I've never had it before though).

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I like both ideas, although the wet-n-wavy weave will probably be more maintenance, and it's kinda hard finding a decent version of this hair (I've never had it before though).

[/ QUOTE ]

I did sport the wet and wavy hair. It was really nice but gradually started to look jacked up.

I wouldn't get a relaxer for your weave. It's really not necessary, especially if you are going to have all of your hair weaved up. Even if you leave some out there are ways to blend that still don't make a relaxer necessary.

Back