Should I cut my hair or not?

Tene

I have breakage on the right side of my hair due to my nerves and me picking at it. I've had it for a few months now. My decision back then was to not get my hair cut even but grow it out until I'm at a certain length and then cut. I'm really pissed cause my hair has grown a lot and then I mess it up. You can't tell where the part is that's broke cause I cover it up with the rest of my hair. I decided not to continue transistioning and I hadn' had a relaxer in almost three months and I got one yesterday. I switched from regular to mild relaxer and it is so much better on my hair than the regular. But my friend thinks I should go back to regular but I'm not. She's talking about my hair looks thinner than it use to but that's from the relaxer. My hair didn't look thinner until my last relaxer that's why I switched from regular to mild so I woould have some body left to my hair. I'm bout to switch to phyto since it leaves your hair with body, etc. I have been treating it for a few months with mtg, surge, co washes, protein treatments, etc. That area has gotten a lot better and has grown a lot. My friend is trying to convince me to just cut my hair all even now. But I was thinking to continue to let it grow out until I'm comfortable at a length to cut it even. What should I do about this?

Last edited:
Tene I think you should follow your instincts on this one. If your hair is doing fine now, unless there is a particular look u want, I wouldn't bother to cut, especially since you say the area can be covered up.
My hair is just below shoulder length now, but I have one area in front of my head (looks almost like a bang) on the left side where it is like 4inches long. It is a really small area so it doesnt bother me, I'm just hoping it'll hurry up and catch up with the rest.
Good luck on whatever you decide though.

What are you so nervous about that it leads you to damage your own hair, Tene? Of course, it's none of my business, but you may need to think about it and come up with a less harmful coping mechanism.

As to the immediate problem, I agree with LuvLiLocks - let it grow out.

Good luck!

MissBiss said:
What are you so nervous about that it leads you to damage your own hair, Tene? Of course, it's none of my business, but you may need to think about it and come up with a less harmful coping mechanism.

As to the immediate problem, I agree with LuvLiLocks - let it grow out.

Good luck!

I don't know what the bad nerves is about, but I have a bad habit and picking in my hair. This is something I've been doing for years. I did stop for a while but it stared back plus I was under a lot of stress. Another thing I wanna believe that might have been the cause of breakage is wearing hair clips all the time to clip my hair up.

Back