short to long

brooksien2

hey everybody are there any ladies on this board who have gone from short(halle barry) to long lets say shoulder length and how long did it take one year two ? less or more just interested as i just bleached my hair and it broke to new growth and am now starting all over again i just need a little inspiration. brooksien2

I'm at 6 inches, 9 months after going au naturale. In my experience, I would say it would take at least a year and a half to two years to get to shoulder length(Meaning for the hair in the front of your head to touch your shoulders.)

I partially straightened my hair to trim it and it's shoulder length at the back, chin length at the sides and just getting to eye length in the front. I have a uniform 6 inch afro.

Brooksien2,
Welcome to the board!
wave.gif

I'm actually in the process of growing out a short tapered hair cut. I'm having good progress. I posted the same question when I first joined the board.

Here's the thread:
Growing out a short tapered cut....

I found it to be very inspirational. The ladies in the thread have also been very helpful when I've had additional questions too!!

I'm 100% confident that I'll be able to grow my hair to shoulder length + following the tips on this board.
smile.gif

My hair was to my ears last March when I started my new regimen, but the year before that it was about an inch longer (maybe) than Halle's. It was tapered in the back and on the sides. It's almost shoulder length now. So I would say...a year and a half to two (as londongirl stated)is about right.

Hi brooksien
wave.gif

I sported a "Halle Do"
laugh.gif
years ago. It took about 1.5 yrs to get to shoulder length...& that was without a healthy regime (hot curling daily, blow drying, washing every 3 wks or so). So keep in mind that u have the benefit of a healthy regime... If u just concentrate on keeping your hair healthy...what I termed "MOP'ed" (Moisturized, Oiled, Protected) then length is bound to come.
smile.gif

Back