Shiny natural hair without being greasy?

soslychic

I know that healthy kinky hair naturally has a sheen and doesn't really shine, but are there any products that I can use to add a little shine without it being greasy? I hate greasy hair
nono.gif

I have used aloe vera gel/vit. E gel or a little s-curl in my hands and finger combed thru my hair.

Those things worked when I was natural.

My hair is relaxed but I have a suggestion. I use this shine serum by Osis called Magic I really like it. It doesn't weigh your hair down and provides a nice sheen.

have you ever tried using no products...i just noticed yesterday that when i added no products to my hair, my hair had a lot of shine

i agree with lsu...when my hair is deep conditioned well (after a revitalizing conditioner or a hotoil treatment) I have lots of shine but no greasy feeling

i agree with cocoabutterflyy. sometimes i will add honey with my conditioner. you could also add alittle coconut oil or almond oil. good luck
smile.gif

Use a good leave-in. Sometimes I add a little honey or hot oil six to the leave-in or conditioner.

BTW, CocoaButterfly: your hair is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

I'm a natural 4A so I can't get a lot of shine but I'm able to get a little by adding aloe-vera gel.

-Ebony

I'm currently using Silkiss Shampoo/conditioner (w/ Aamla, Reetha, Tulsi and Neem) followed up with Suave tropical coconut conditioner. My hair has been coming out with some extreme shine with no product but I tiny dot of Giovanni Direct leave on a section of hair. I believe the less product the greater the shine.

I think that clean hair is sheeny/shiny hair!!

At first, I tried to overload my natural hair with products to make it shine which made it look dull.

I clean my hair every 1-2 weeks.

Back