Shikakhai Oil followed by Co-Wash...

Candy_C

AMAZZZIIINNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

I thought i needed something to clean my scalp, even though i was going to co wash....

Well ladies, i may give up shampoo forever...

I've tried shikakhai powder to shampoo before (mixed..STUPIDLY with water) which cleaned my hair but left it feeling rather cruddy :perplexed

So either shikakhai oil (which has other goodies in there) and Shikakhai powder with coconut and Olive oil should do the trick...

I saturdated my dirty SCALP with the oil, and massaged in thouroughly. I then proceeded to detangle my hair...which was a doddle....

I then went in the shower, and with warm-nearly hot water rinsed as much as i could....the oil trickled away, but much was stil left in my hair...

I then used a cheapy conditioner from boots as my co-wash, (coconut and almond oil intesive treatment)...left it on for 4 5mins and then rinsed with warm water...then again, i slapped it on my ends, but with Wonder 8 oil mixed in. i left this onfor 10 mins and then rinsed out with mild-cold water to seal everything in.

I put a bit of avo'coco cream in my hair followed up by some pure coconut oil to finish up...

that was 4 days agao

i havent moisturized my hair since

my shedding has stopped completely and no breakage.

try it ladies, shikakhai oil is the TRUTH

I've been thinking about messing with some indian herbs to keep my scalp clean in the winter, since it won't be stimulated by the heat anymore - where do you get your shikakhai oil from??

I agree. I use it the night before I am going to wash my hair. I am never too consistent....but I agree it is great.:grin:

Thank you for posting this. I have some of the powder and I was going to wait until it really got cold to start playing with this. I was thinking of using an oil, so I am glad to know this works!

I have been really enjoying the Shikakai soap bar forgot about the oil.
I am going to try the Shikakai oil as a oil rinse.

I have never tried the oil. When i want to do an herbal wash, i mix shikakai powder, amla powder, aritha powder and fo-ti powder in my coffee pot strainer and add water to make a tea. Put this in a plastic shampoo bottle. Then let it cool down in the refrigerator and then use it to shampoo my hair with. You don't get a lot of bubbles but it cleans and softens my hair like nobody's business. I do this once a week.

i swear i dont think i need shampoo again! i have the powder itself, it just seems to dry my hair out, but the oil...wheeewwwwwww!!!

i wont be shampooing for a while.. my scalp isnt itching at all, no flakey bits and my scalp feels sooooo clean.

My hair is permanently moisturized and i feel this was a good change for me in my regime to aid my journey to extremely long hair.

i get my oil from Birmingham, at a place called beauty queens (a typical asian run black hair store)

you can order it online: (uk)http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk

(select "Health And Beauty")

..And there's an array of other indian products like amla powders etc!!!!

Last edited:
Is Shikakhai Oil used for cleansing like a shampoo or daily use? Can I mix it with Amla Oil?

I went to the indian store a block away and got a 500ml bottle of Amla oil... but I dont know what to do with it :lachen:

Help:wallbash:

Is Shikakhai Oil used for cleansing like a shampoo or daily use? Can I mix it with Amla Oil?

I went to the indian store a block away and got a 500ml bottle of Amla oil... but I dont know what to do with it :lachen:

Help:wallbash:

yeah, its the indian oil known for cleansing and ridding dandruff!

yes mix it with amla i do that sort of

i wear amla overnight then throw shikakhai on my scalp and oil cleanse :)

How much is 500ml? Like a few ounces......? I'm looking at some online, but I don't want to buy a tiny bottle of it b/c I have alot of hair to cover.

I wonder where Shikakai oil can be found in the states?

You can buy it either on ebay, (do a search for it) or; I bought mine at IndoUSPlaza.com. I have ordered other items from them in the past, they are very good, and fast shipping. Just do a search for the oil.

This is intriguing, my pj interest has been peaking by shikaki oil. :scratchch

I found some at Amazon.com along with a lot of other Indian hair goodies:

316YPJ7JNNL._AA178_.jpg

Hesh Shikakai Herbal Hair oil

Back