LADIES something great is happening with my hair...

Hi Candy!

Are you taking pre-natal vitamins yet? Do you think that or your pregnancy hormones could be having an effect on your hair growth right now?

no its not that as i miscarried around 3 weeks ago now.

Its definately the herbs

Hesh and Ultam(sp) are the most commonly found brands at Indian stores. You DO need the powders for the herbal hair wash.

You can also make a home-made herbal shampoo by using powders of reetha, amla and shikakai. Soak 125 gms each of reetha, shikakai and amla in 1 litre of water. Keep it aside for about 24 hours. Boil for 30-45 minutes and allow the mixture to cool. Use it to shampoo the hair. It is a very good way to wash the hair without harming it.

You DO NOT 'wash' your hair with this poo. You simply saturate your hair and let 'sit' for 5-45 minutes and then rinse. YOUR HAIR WILL BE CLEAN!:yep:

I couldnt have said it better!

OMG, I am so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

its ok. it was very early days...but thats another topic altogether

but yeh it wasnt that, if anything i had severe shedding for the first few weeks.

i dont take pre-natals

and i just take biotin and b50 also flaxseed and occasionally iodine

the growth i've had recentl has increased though

hmmm, if this is true it would explain some things... I put in braids at the beginning of the month. And started using a homemade hairspray with water, glycerin, shikakai, amla and rose petal powders on the 9th. I normally get 1/2 inch a month in terms of growth, but my roots are 1/2inch -3/4 inch already. I thought I was imagining it, or my hair was losening out of my braids. Official measure will come when I take the braids down in December.

Lys

Okay, I did something like this last week but I made a paste out of my alma & shikaikai powders. It was very hard to work it through my scalp & hair. I didn't boil the water before adding it to the powders; I'll have to do that next time. Candy it sounds like you mixture was more liquidy, yes? What did you do for those 5 - 45 minutes while you let this stay on your hair? Wasn't it dripping everywhere?

Okay, I did something like this last week but I made a paste out of my alma & shikaikai powders. It was very hard to work it through my scalp & hair. I didn't boil the water before adding it to the powders; I'll have to do that next time. Candy it sounds like you mixture was more liquidy, yes? What did you do for those 5 - 45 minutes while you let this stay on your hair? Wasn't it dripping everywhere?

Very liquidy....

i never said i let it sit ...i dont think its wise to do that really - too messy

i said i poured it over my hair, and then went back under the shower head to rinse it out :grin:

Well you may know about the shikakhai and amla powder i mix in a tub with hot water...which i pour over my head after oil cleansing (or shampooing)..

ladiesss

my hair has grownnnnnn in a space of two/three weeks by around an inch.

YOU KNOW I'M NOT A FOLLOWER OF GROWTH AIDS...but i aint gonna lie if i see evidence...i think theres something i nthese powders encouraging growth! or it could be oil cleasing and the scritching??? ("itchin" the scalp for a few minutes with oil)

ALL I KNOW is...every 3 says, i rub shikahai oil into my dirty scalp and put amla on the ends....i rinse out with hot water and then pour 2 parts amla and 1 part shikakhai mixed in water over my head...after rinsing i conditioner wash and airdry...

Would anybody try this themselves for 2 weeks and let me know if this is happening to you too? i'm taking photos tomorrow but wow is all i can say

my hair is nearly touching my booty when wet, and it definately wasnt a few weeks back

i juss fling on a bit of avococo afterwards to make sure my ends are moisturized

I havent shampooed in nearly a month, my hair is constantly moisturized and the comb fly through my NG which by now, nearly 8 weeks post, my NG would be wirey, dry and tough.

Just thought i'd let you know, cos something good is happeninnnggg xxxx

Candy, I can't wait to see your pictures. You have made significant progress over the year.

I will try your experiment. I like to make my shikahai and alma into a thick paste and leave on my hair for about 1 hour. So once a week I will do a shikahai oil wash scratching my scalp for 10 minutes. I will then follow with my shikahai and alma paste and then rinse and do a deep condition. I also do a shikahai oil wash on tuesday and scratch scalp for 10 minutes and rinse; follow with a conditioner rinse. I oil my scalp lightly every night with a mixture of shikahai oil and brahmi alma oil. I will post my results around December 3rd. I'm hoping to have the same success as you had.

I use the oil (the oil works the same way the powder does, at least that's what the box says). I need to be more consistent. I do like the tingly feeling.

Well you may know about the shikakhai and amla powder i mix in a tub with hot water...which i pour over my head after oil cleansing (or shampooing)..

ladiesss

my hair has grownnnnnn in a space of two/three weeks by around an inch.

YOU KNOW I'M NOT A FOLLOWER OF GROWTH AIDS...but i aint gonna lie if i see evidence...i think theres something i nthese powders encouraging growth! or it could be oil cleasing and the scritching??? ("itchin" the scalp for a few minutes with oil)

ALL I KNOW is...every 3 says, i rub shikahai oil into my dirty scalp and put amla on the ends....i rinse out with hot water and then pour 2 parts amla and 1 part shikakhai mixed in water over my head...after rinsing i conditioner wash and airdry...

Would anybody try this themselves for 2 weeks and let me know if this is happening to you too? i'm taking photos tomorrow but wow is all i can say

my hair is nearly touching my booty when wet, and it definately wasnt a few weeks back

i juss fling on a bit of avococo afterwards to make sure my ends are moisturized

I havent shampooed in nearly a month, my hair is constantly moisturized and the comb fly through my NG which by now, nearly 8 weeks post, my NG would be wirey, dry and tough.

Just thought i'd let you know, cos something good is happeninnnggg xxxx

GIRRRLLL! Im on it. On my way to the indian store to buy powders and oils and I cant wait to try this! I've been looking for an alternative to shampooing for so long and I've never heard this:perplexed I've been using Aubrey Organics all natural green tea poo but even that is very stripping. Is your exact regimen in your fotki? Cause I wanna mix it and apply it correctly:yep: Thanks for the post, I really appreciate it!

Congtratulations Candy!! :yep: I may try this oil/powder in the next couple of weeks just for something else to do to my hair :drunk: Are you still taking the fish oils? Do you feel like that, in combination with the powder is giving you this spurt?

I "washed" with the Shikakai oil last night and my hair was soooooooooo soft. It's still soft today. Something about the scent also...I can't describe it....

How do you wash with shikakai oil, whats the process?:look:

Kind of like an oil rinse. I first rinsed with some baking soda and water. I then applied the oil to my scalp and the ends of my hair. I just started massaging the oil into my scalp and hair (same as I would with shampoo). I did that for a good couple of minutes and then I just rinsed with water. I then followed up with a conditioner.

That was the first time I did that with the oil. I normally apply it to my scalp and let it sit overnight and then wash with a shampoo in the morning. But I am no longer using shampoo. HTH.

Kind of like an oil rinse. I first rinsed with some baking soda and water. I then applied the oil to my scalp and the ends of my hair. I just started massaging the oil into my scalp and hair (same as I would with shampoo). I did that for a good couple of minutes and then I just rinsed with water. I then followed up with a conditioner.

That was the first time I did that with the oil. I normally apply it to my scalp and let it sit overnight and then wash with a shampoo in the morning. But I am no longer using shampoo. HTH.

Thank you sooo much, I am done with poos as well. I cant wait to try this.

Back