Shikakai/Amla Hair Wash Video Tutorial

I would never think to add an egg to the mixture, I guess it works for extra protein though.

WOW...I cringed watching her comb her daughter's hair DRY and excessively BRUSHing it afterwards :nono:

Bless you and bless your heart! I learn by seeing and this solidified it for me. My hair doesn't like alot of protein so Ill nix the egg- but at least I got some confirmation that I'm doing it right.( off to journal)

Bless you and bless your heart! I learn by seeing and this solidified it for me. My hair doesn't like alot of protein so Ill nix the egg- but at least I got some confirmation that I'm doing it right.( off to journal)

yeah the little girl is too cute....I laughed out loud when she said the little girl volunteered and the little girl was looking like yeah right with her little fake smile :lachen:

thanks for the link!

Would it still work if I added a lot of water to the mixture so it so a light liquid so I can use it as a rinse out. Because I am usually in braids and tried this method without the egg and washing it out was a nightmare out of the braids....?:look:

What makes this woman the authority? She was kinda rough on that kids hair..

well if u think about it, what makes ANYbody an authority? What makes Macherie an authority? Nothing, but her techniques and methods are very helpful a many people (including me lol). What makes sisterslick an authority? yet she is a walking hair encyclopedia full of great information. This lady probably just got a recipe from a site or something and is demonstrating how she used it...just having a visual helps some people.

Would it still work if I added a lot of water to the mixture so it so a light liquid so I can use it as a rinse out. Because I am usually in braids and tried this method without the egg and washing it out was a nightmare out of the braids....?:look:

I was thinking that too... more water. Considering our hair texture is different from theirs, more water might be a good idea.

Thanks for posting the video... we always know what we all need, huh? Ha! :)

The little girls hair looks reddish after all of that. I wonder if it dyed her hair some? Anyway I am glad to finally see a tutorial on this. I think I'd rather use it as a hair rinse tea though. She said the consistency is like mud and I think I'd be afraid of that.

What makes this woman the authority? She was kinda rough on that kids hair..

Um... I don't understand what you mean about the woman being the authority...

I can agree with she was pretty rough on the girl's hair, but people make mistakes through not knowing any better and this can be corrected by someone teaching her and her willingness to learn.

I only posted this just so many ladies on here can get a better visual perspective on how to use ayurvedic products. I thought it would help answer many of the questions on the thread on how to do shikakai and hair wash...

I would never think to add an egg to the mixture, I guess it works for extra protein though.

WOW...I cringed watching her comb her daughter's hair DRY and excessively BRUSHing it afterwards :nono:

You said just what I was thinking about how she combed her child's hair. That chick needs to watch a tutorial on how to care for natural hair, and how/when to comb/brush! Gee!!!:wallbash::nono:

Um... I don't understand what you mean about the woman being the authority...

I can agree with she was pretty rough on the girl's hair, but people make mistakes through not knowing any better and this can be corrected by someone teaching her and her willingness to learn.

I only posted this just so many ladies on here can get a better visual perspective on how to use ayurvedic products. I thought it would help answer many of the questions on the thread on how to do shikakai and hair wash...

This is a great visual. Thanks for sharing.

Poor kid! She's really cute though and is a good sport while her mom "handles up" her head like a bouncing ball.

well if u think about it, what makes ANYbody an authority? What makes Macherie an authority? Nothing, but her techniques and methods are very helpful a many people (including me lol). What makes sisterslick an authority? yet she is a walking hair encyclopedia full of great information. This lady probably just got a recipe from a site or something and is demonstrating how she used it...just having a visual helps some people.

Well said :)

Thanks for the tutorial. She did mention that particles were left in the hair after washing, so she was brushing to get it out. My concern would be getting all of particles out without all the rough brushing...

i sometimes use avocado and egg and olive oil in my hair tea..i call this Black Hair Tea....its very strong

Thanks for the tutorial. She did mention that particles were left in the hair after washing, so she was brushing to get it out. My concern would be getting all of particles out without all the rough brushing...
All the mother had to do was keep rinsing until all the particles were gone. The little girl's hair is short so a bit of extra rinsing wouldn't take long.

Man, I cringed every time that woman combed or brushed that little cute girl's hair. I would have died right there in that chair. I am extremely tender-headed.:nono:

The little girls hair looks reddish after all of that. I wonder if it dyed her hair some? Anyway I am glad to finally see a tutorial on this. I think I'd rather use it as a hair rinse tea though. She said the consistency is like mud and I think I'd be afraid of that.

The reddish tint is probably from the baking soda. Baking soda has a mild bleaching effect, especially when used repeatedly. That's why it's a good tooth whitener.

Thanks for the tutorial! That's pretty much how I use shikakai and amla except without the egg....too much protein for me right now.

"I'm not an American. I'm one of the 22 million black people who are the victims of Americanism" -Malcolm X 1964

On a completely different note, I love your signature!

Thanks.

I put that there to remind myself of that everyday. Because anything can happen from here on out despite the fact that I'm given this so called freedom called "equal rights"

But that's for another discussion in another thread.:yep:

I think I will use my Amla and Shikakai powder separately. On the box it says to keep the Shikakai in for 2 to 5 minutes and the Amla in for 30-35 minutes. Plus, I want the darkening effect of the Amla.

Did anyone notice this in the directions for the Hesh Brand?

Back