Shikakai/Amla Hair Wash Video Tutorial

Would it still work if I added a lot of water to the mixture so it so a light liquid so I can use it as a rinse out. Because I am usually in braids and tried this method without the egg and washing it out was a nightmare out of the braids....?:look:
yes you can, i use mine as rinse (amla and brahmi), mix mixture vigorously with water, let sit for few mins and seive, if you can find the dried herbs even better to make herbal tea rinse. I have been using this biweekly since september. I dont do another protein tx .

Thanks for the visual! That little girl was too cute. "I am not a dummy:yep:."

I have been pouring baking powder into my hands and rubbing it into my hair. I did it on Sun. to clean my hair before my upcoming relaxer.

Can you use Amla paste immediately following a relaxer application?

I would like to use amla and water to darken my hair after I shampoo and before I DC.

I think I will use my Amla and Shikakai powder separately. On the box it says to keep the Shikakai in for 2 to 5 minutes and the Amla in for 30-35 minutes. Plus, I want the darkening effect of the Amla.

Did anyone notice this in the directions for the Hesh Brand?

--------------------
thanks for specifying that. been washing away the stuff after 5 mins.

i also strain mine to get rid of the particles then add more water if necessary.

Thanks for the visual!! I thought that it was really good.

But I agree that she did seem rough on the little girl's hair. She looked like it hurt a little.

I really needed the visual too, I want to get into the indian hair care products and I didnt know what to do with the powders so this really helped.. She said she just read up on this so maybe she will come across better hair combing techniques eventually, I hope so. Otherwise it sounds like shes really trying to get better hair care involved in her regimen.

Also I want to use the Amla powder but I don't want my hair to get darker, so what should I do, don't leave it in as long perhaps?

I thought she was very rough with her hair too, way too much brushing and combing.

the egg part...

dont use egg in your mix

unless you want stiff dry hair

this is like a strong protien ntreatment on the hair

dont do it anyless than every 8 weeks

i dont mean to sound rude, but its as though the lady just threw anything in a bowl that sounded "healthy"

applying the powders like the box says can create breakage, its better just to throw the mixture over the head i nthe shower and wash it straight out

*my opinion*

the egg part...

dont use egg in your mix

unless you want stiff dry hair

this is like a strong protien ntreatment on the hair

dont do it anyless than every 8 weeks

i dont mean to sound rude, but its as though the lady just threw anything in a bowl that sounded "healthy"

applying the powders like the box says can create breakage, its better just to throw the mixture over the head i nthe shower and wash it straight out

*my opinion*

thanks for posting this. so the amla and shiakaki powders are moreso protein treatments for the hair? I saw a post on yahoo where this person said to mix the two togther and use every week....is this too much. My hair does not like alot of protein to begin with but it does need protein

Back