Sheesh, MTG!!

FlawedBeauty

Ok, so with all of the raving goin on about MTG I gotta hop on the bandwagon, I think. But, b4 I do I was just wondering if there were any bad expierences with the product, hair breakage, loss, rash, etc. Has neone heard stories or anything about some of the negative effects it has had on one's hair. Also where do you order it from. I think I read someplace they got it (32 oz) for 11 sor something. The Shapley site had it for 16.95 but if I can find a bargain let me know where!! :) THANKS!!

Hey FlawedBeauty:) I have used MTG for about 3 months. I have heard some ladies mention getting headaches but I believe they were allergic to the sulfur in the product. Also, be warned of the smell:eek: it can be crucial!! But I tamed my batch by adding peppermint oil, Hot 6 oil, and Surge 14. I also use a pointed tip nozzle bottle to distribute just on the scalp. Remember... less is more!! It can drip down and give some ladies rashes or even tarnish jewelry. Oh yea, you may have to get your relaxers quicker cause your new-growth will be NO JOKE:lol: HHG!!

Catina72 said:
Hey FlawedBeauty:) I have used MTG for about 3 months. I have heard some ladies mention getting headaches but I believe they were allergic to the sulfur in the product. Also, be warned of the smell:eek: it can be crucial!! But I tamed my batch by adding peppermint oil, Hot 6 oil, and Surge 14. I also use a pointed tip nozzle bottle to distribute just on the scalp. Remember... less is more!! It can drip down and give some ladies rashes or even tarnish jewelry. Oh yea, you may have to get your relaxers quicker cause your new-growth will be NO JOKE:lol: HHG!!

Thanks! Do you purchase straight from Shapley's site? Also would you say that you have a moderate amount of growth each month?

I haven't had any problems, but I don't have any allergies. You should do a patch test before applying all over.

BTW, if you look for a live stock store in your area that sells horse care products you may be able to find it for a couple of bucks cheaper. You may also check with a local vet (sounds strange) to see if they know. Obviously if you live in a very urban area, you will spend just as much trying to drive to get it as you would have saved. I think I bought my big bottle for $14 from a livestock store in Conyers, GA.

I agree about the tarnish jewelry! Don't wear silver when applying! And the nozzle bottle was the best tip I got from LHCF. I use it straight, no mixing, but it's not that bad to me.

FAMUDva said:
I agree about the tarnish jewelry! Don't wear silver when applying! And the nozzle bottle was the best tip I got from LHCF. I use it straight, no mixing, but it's not that bad to me.

Thanks! Would you say you have seen a considerable amount of growth from it?

Back