Shedding/Breakage and Bounce!

FashionistaNY

Just wanted to check-in with something I tried over the weekend which worked wonders on my hair.

Well, I have the type of hair no matter with Lye or No-Lye Relaxers I have to wash every 5-7 days. My sebaceous glands are very active and I experience more shedding of hair the dirtier my hair gets.

The Condition Wash
Anyway, Friday night, I decided to RINSE my hair thoroughly with water and then applied a generous amount Queen Helene Cholesterol, ensuring to saturate the ends. I did not place a place cap over my hair or sit under a dryer. I left the cholesterol on for 1hr and then thoroughly rinsed. I combed my hair back, tied down with satin scarf and air-dried with no manipulation.

The Salon Experience
Saturday, as usual, I went for my weekly wash n set, this time I tried Fantasy Hair Salon on 143st Street in Manhattan. My hair was washed with diluted AG shampoo 2x and then Nexxuss Emergencee was applied w/heat for 20 minutes. After, I was then rinsed w/a Dominican Rinse and combed through. I asked to see the comb and there was not a strand in site. I touched my hair and it literally felt like spinach to the touch. It was soo soft and moisturized I was amazed.

I then sat in her chair, Arosci Leave-in Conditioner was sprayed on my hair, roller set and under the dryer for 45 minutes.

When the rollers was removed, my hair looked as if it had been recently relaxed, it was sooo full of body, shine and life. I was walking down the street and my hair was bouncing away. My edges which is normally dry was sooooooo moisturized. Today, I still have the same bounce, shine and moisture. I think I found a combination that works phenomenally on my hair. BTW, I'm a 4A.

Last edited:
Let me see if I understand.

You did a co wash on Friday and got your regular wash-n-set on Saturday and the shedding stopped?

I started using Emergencee when I started to experience post-partum shedding and it helped immediately. I'll have to try your method if I should ever had shedding again.

webby said:
Let me see if I understand.

You did a co wash on Friday and got your regular wash-n-set on Saturday and the shedding stopped?

I started using Emergencee when I started to experience post-partum shedding and it helped immediately. I'll have to try your method if I should ever had shedding again.

Yes, that is exactly what I did. A co wash w/Queen Helene Friday night, Saturday regular wash n set with Emergencee. :) Girl, I probably had three strands lost in the ENTIRE PROCESS. I was amazed as she was combing through my hair to roller set NOT ONE strand in site!!!! Is this possible lol

Back