Shedding AND Breakage!!!!!

NessaNessa

What's a girl to do :lol:

I washed my hair yesterday and was terrified at the amount of hair I lost. I have both breakage and shedding going on.

Here's what I did:

Washed hair with KeraCare Dry and Itchy scalp Poo
DC with ORS Replenishing pac
Applied ORS Olive cream to wet hair
Apllied Motions Foam Wrap
Wrapped hair in a wet set

Normally my routine is a bit extensive but I was short on time...BUt I always have a lot of ahir left behind!

My question is, how does one deal with breakage and shedding? Is there anyone here who always have a bunch of hair 'left behind' on the sink, shoulders, clothes, etc.? TIA LAdies!!!!

Shea said:
When was your last relaxer?

Also have you tried adding protien in your routine. I also have lots of breaking and shedding. So I bought Nexxus Emergencee to do a heavy protien treatment. I just did it the other day so I'm not sure of the results, however, in the breakage sticky it says to add protein and/or moisture to possibly remedy this problem...I hope that helped.

NessaNessa said:

I washed my hair yesterday and was terrified at the amount of hair I lost. I have both breakage and shedding going on.

Here's what I did:

Normally my routine is a bit extensive but I was short on time...BUt I always have a lot of ahir left behind!

My question is, how does one deal with breakage and shedding? Is there anyone here who always have a bunch of hair 'left behind' on the sink, shoulders, clothes, etc.? TIA LAdies!!!!

Are you using a moisturizer daily? I also use KC Dry & Itchy Scalp poo, although the bottle says it's moisturizing, I always follow w/ a moisturizing poo to replenish a little moisture back into the hair. I would suggest you moisturize a few times a day paying close attention to your ends, sleep in a plastic cap for a few days. If this fails, maybe try adding a light protein to your wash routine, lastly if all else fails I would then use a heavy protein treatment. HTH

Thanks for the replies ladies!!! My last relaxer was approx. one month ago. I use ORS Olive Creme moisturizer on a daily basis...when I dont forget :lol: (canr believe I admitted that). I have read the protein/moisture sticky and am STILL at a loss when it comes to figuring out what I lack. I know, what's a girl to do :lol:

Keep the replies coming and thank you so much!!!

msshic said:
Are you using a moisturizer daily? I also use KC Dry & Itchy Scalp poo, although the bottle says it's moisturizing, I always follow w/ a moisturizing poo to replenish a little moisture back into the hair. I would suggest you moisturize a few times a day paying close attention to your ends, sleep in a plastic cap for a few days. If this fails, maybe try adding a light protein to your wash routine, lastly if all else fails I would then use a heavy protein treatment. HTH

Okay, isnt ORS replenishing pack a moiturizing dc? Maybe I should have followed up with my beloved Humecto.

NessaNessa said:
Okay, isnt ORS replenishing pack a moiturizing dc? Maybe I should have followed up with my beloved Humecto.

Yes, it is. It also has a little bit of protein in it. I was speaking of a moisturizing poo though, b/c the Dry & Itchy scalp kind of makes my hair a bit harder. Personally I would use Humecto after the moisturizing poo. HTH

msshic said:
Yes, it is. It also has a little bit of protein in it. I was speaking of a moisturizing poo though, b/c the Dry & Itchy scalp kind of makes my hair a bit harder. Personally I would use Humecto after the moisturizing poo. HTH
OKay, thanks!!!!

MonaRae said:
Try a ACV rinse. This really works well for me!

MonaRae

Will do!!!!

I've been meaning to do one of these for a while now and never got around to it. Thanks Mona!

NessaNessa, when was your last trim?
As funny as this sounds, I was trying to go forever without trimming but started noticing breakage and shedding when I washed my hair. I had my hair trimmed last night and then washed it...it instantly stopped the hair loss. I hadn't had a trim since March 2006. Now, I plan on trimming maybe every 4-6 months. Also, keep your hair moisturized as much as possible! HTH! ;)

NessaNessa said:

Here's what I did:

Do you use the Motions Foam Wrap often? I used to use it, and my hair was always breaking, and brittle too. Is this the one with Alcohol Denat as one of the 1st few ingredients?

shedding occurs in cycles, followed by growth, for tangles, oil, oil, oil, mix oil in your products, makes the hair sleek, slick, goodbye tangles aka breakage.

Back