Shea Moisture Jbco: Leave-in Vs. Lotion?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, ladies.

Which would you recommend for someone trying to combat dryness, especially that caused once gel is applied?

I'm trying to decide between the two. I have highly porous, tiny 4a spirals that shrink and dry up like nobody's business! When I put product in my hair, SHRINK, SHRINK, SHRINK!

I'm trying to determine if both of these are moisturizing, and if so . . . which one causes LESS shrinkage?

How do you use these products? If you could only have one of these, which would you keep, and why? What is the porosity of your hair?

Thank you all in advance! I did a forum search for this and so many threads came up I couldn't decipher which to read.

Last edited:
I am normal porosity with some high areas and I love the SMJBCO leave-in. It provides moisture for days and leaves me hair soft and not stiff. I haven't had any issues using it with Wetline Gel either.

I haven't tried the leave in, but I use the styling lotion and that works well with heat styling. I use it before I blowdry my hair to braid down my hair for my wigs

Thanks so much, all.

I by accident saw a tiny sample bottle of the LOTION LEAVE-IN. So I got it to try it out. Very moisturizing for my hair.

I just can't bring myself to purchase the lotion since there's no sample. I can't handle another bottle of ANYTHING at the house right now. I have prepped for the no-buy that starts in September, and that's a wrap! :smile:

Maybe in January I can try the lotion. JBCO itself has been very good for my hair, so I was curious. Thanks, again!

Last edited:
Back