Shea Moisture Hair/Body Line @ Target

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Has anyone done reviews or have input on this product line?
http://www.sheamoisture.com/categories

I was in Target and picked of the African Shea Butter body wash today that's targeted for acne prone skin (I suffer with facial acne). I really wanted to try the hair prods but chickened out until I could ask my LHCF sisters for input.

TIA!

Yeah you should do a search. It has gotten pretty good reviews on here and on youtube. I love their products. I use their deep conditioner and I just love it.

Yeah you should do a search. It has gotten pretty good reviews on here and on youtube. I love their products. I use their deep conditioner and I just love it.

I don't think the search option is working right now. But As cocoaluv said, there have been a lot of reviews about this product, mostly good I think. You might want to wait until the search functions has been fixed.

I don't think the search option is working right now. But As cocoaluv said, there have been a lot of reviews about this product, mostly good I think. You might want to wait until the search functions has been fixed.

Thanks...for this info. I recently purchased a few Sheamoisture products...and I thought I had read a few reveiws, but I could not find any when I tried to search this week.

I tried the masque from this line and I didn't like it. It left my hair in tangles...

I do love their soaps, though. I use the Coconut Hibiscus one. It really helped even out my skin tone.

The black soap is also really good. It's the only thing my SO will use to wash his face.

I tried the masque from this line and I didn't like it. It left my hair in tangles...

I do love their soaps, though. I use the Coconut Hibiscus one. It really helped even out my skin tone.

The black soap is also really good. It's the only thing my SO will use to wash his face.

I really love this soap

I have the coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie, the coconut and hibiscus moisture mist, and the restoration mist with argan oil.. I love them. I used the smoothie for a twist out... I want to get around to trying everything in the line .. but I'm in product junkie heaven now with product overload..

From a PJ.. it's a solid line.. I have nothing but good things to say.. and I love that restoration mist.. I used that everyday.. it's got great ingredients in it.

Thx all and yes, as mentioned, search is not functioning properly. I attempted to search before posting a thread. I love the african shea butter body wash. I washed body and face with it and love it love it love it. I will be picking up other items. Again, thx for the input.

I love the ingredients they use. I have the Curl Enhancing Smoothie and the Shea Butter Leave-In and I love them both. I like the fact that they don't leave my hair feeling greasy but it is moisturized. Especially when I use them with an oil like castor oil or coconut oil.

I have the Conditioning Masque and I really like it, it leaves your hair really soft and moisturized. I also have the hair milk as a leave in and it leaves my hair really shiny. I wouldn't recommend the leave in for detangling but it is a nice product. I will be trying the others in this line

I'm using the thickening moisture mist (w/ biotin) and it's pretty good. It's no replacement for my CFCG, but nice if I want something nice and light on my hair.

I just purchased the DT Masque today I was trying to search but since the function was not working I went out on a limb glad I did..u get a good amount for the price and there were only 2 left so I had to grab one!

I called every Target in the area for it today, and I could not find it. I really wanted to try the Deep Treatment Masque.

I've been trying the curl enhancing smoothie and so far my wet hair doesn't like it (dries rough to the touch), and when I use it on dry hair it's only "ok" ..

but I've been hearing nothing but good reviews .. maybe it's me
:look:

I use the show gel for ance prone skin. They curl smoothie on twist as a moisturizer and the thickening shampoo. I like all three. It's my new fav. line and the price is reasonable. I was in target and they have some oil blends I may try.

I called every Target in the area for it today, and I could not find it. I really wanted to try the Deep Treatment Masque.

Do a search on Target.com for the product you're looking for, if it says out of stock they don't carry it...all three of the Targets I found that had these products were at least 20 to 30 miles away from me, so when I go to one I just stock up. I use the shampoo, condi, masque, spritz, ...and a few others I can't think of. I really like the fact that I can also use them on my two ds because of the ingredients.

The Target that I located them at are 60+ miles away...takes about an hour to get there. I'll either have to stock up when I go or find alternative prods that are readily available closer to my home. The Targets that are nearby me don't carry the SheaMoisture, Kinky Curly, Miss Jessie and Jane Carter prod lines.

I reviewed a number of the products on my blog...I have:

- The Restorative Mask
- Shea Butter Conditioner
- Coconut and Hibiscus Spray
- Coconut and Hibiscus Milk
- Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

I think the only one I would rebuy is the Milk...maybe the Smoothie but I have too many products that are similar...

I've only tried the Curl Enhancing Smoothie which I really like.I will re-purchase since I've been using it for my twists/braids.I will say that it does not give my "curls" definition only moisture which I need.

My favorite thing from their Target line is the Strengthening Elixir spray. I love the way it makes my hair feel.

I've used the Curl and Style milk. I HATE it. I like the moisturizing shampoo, I use that regularly. That's about it.

I just bought the deep conditioning mask last night, we'll see how it goes.

I need them to put directions on their products.

I think I am sold on buying these products. I searched and a few Targets in my area have them. I was debating if I should go there after work, because I don't want to order them online. I want them now and if I like them, I will either stock up when I go to Target again or order online, so that I can have them readily available. :yep:

The only thing I have tried from this line is the Deep Treatment Masque. I really love it as a base to my deep conditioner (add SAA, honey, and a bit of coconut oil). It is a great product, but be warned it gives NO slip. So it will not replace whatever conditioner you comb out with. If you let go of that expectation, things are good. I can't wait to try the other products in the line....

Sad to say I returned the Deep Treatment Masque today like littlefastcar10 said it provided no slip and that is what I was looking for, i don't mix my products with anything and like to see how they perform on their own and it did not do the job a tad disappointed

Sad to say I returned the Deep Treatment Masque today like littlefastcar10 said it provided no slip and that is what I was looking for, i don't mix my products with anything and like to see how they perform on their own and it did not do the job a tad disappointed

KQT20,

The conditioner that I use that has the best slip I've ever come across is called BioInfusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm. I hardly lose hair in the shower- even at 11 weeks post. It is a Walgreen's store brand I believe. If you try it, make sure you get the regular one (white jar with a black top) and NOT the other line they have for "ethnic" hair (green jar). I dunno how you are with ingredients...it doesn't have cones that I see, but it does have parabens. HTH

KQT20,

The conditioner that I use that has the best slip I've ever come across is called BioInfusion Hydrating Conditioning Balm. I hardly lose hair in the shower- even at 11 weeks post. It is a Walgreen's store brand I believe. If you try it, make sure you get the regular one (white jar with a black top) and NOT the other line they have for "ethnic" hair (green jar). I dunno how you are with ingredients...it doesn't have cones that I see, but it does have parabens. HTH

Not to hijack your conversation, :lol: but I bought the black/green jar deep conditioner. I guess I was too into trying to find the right products that I didn't really care that it had cones when I bought it, got home and was like, "what the heck was I thinking?" The good thing is that I didn't use it yet, so I will be exchanging that for the one you mentioned. :yep: I also bought the moisturizers in the black/green containers as well. Those will be going back.

KQT20,

I wish I would of seen this earlier I just left Walgreen's ugh lol but I will definitely try it when I go back thanks

The only thing I have tried from this line is the Deep Treatment Masque. I really love it as a base to my deep conditioner (add SAA, honey, and a bit of coconut oil). It is a great product, but be warned it gives NO slip. So it will not replace whatever conditioner you comb out with. If you let go of that expectation, things are good. I can't wait to try the other products in the line....

I was thinking about adding some honey and oils...pretty much some of the things I'd use my homemade DC to the SheaMoisture DC...now that you said something i will!

As far as using the SheaMoisture DC...i used it last night by itself, but I used it on dry hair. Being that I have a TWA..I just fingured the product into my hair and it worked well. I slept with it in overnight and got great results.

I also love the SheaMoisture Curl Enhancement Smoothie as a moisturizer :)

Last edited:
Back