Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters
@SunkissedLife My hair is straight at the moment as well and I still use my Whipped Shea Butter. Rose Water too. The key is being light handed. My hair is buttery soft and still flowy.

@ElevatedEnergy

EXCUSE, me!

anigif_sub-buzz-17018-1517395198-15.gif

Hello!
tenor.gif

How are you...

200.gif

Going to tell us you straightened that magnificent head of hair...

tenor.gif

And there is not one single picture?

200.gif

So can we see some pictures please? I understand if you say no, because if you don't share it is usually for a good reason.

giphy.gif

Y’all I’m shook!! Why? Because my hair is still straight 2 weeks later and I’ve been wearing it down everyday because it still looks good! That’s a first for me. Even when I was relaxed I never got more than 3-4 days out of professionally straightened hair!! :eek: I don’t know if it’s because it’s my first time getting a silk press, or because my new stylist is bomb, or because I’ve been riding the Shea train, or because my hair is longer now. I don’t know and I don’t care. I won’t change a thing if I’m gonna keep getting results like this!

@SunkissedLife I use whipped Shea Butter to keep my straight hair moisturized before I wrap it at night. My hair does start out weighed down in the morning but it all gets absorbed by the end of the day and my hair is light again. I’m like: where’d it all go?! :lol: Its amazing really.

Here it go:

9Yoq.gif

Just playing! :look::)

@water_n_oil @caribeandiva @ElevatedEnergy

So I mixed a small batch of Shea butter using a greater ratio of oils for a lighter fluffier consistency and used it lightly (basicaly rubbed into my hands then ran my fingers through my hair a few times) as y’all suggested before wrapping my hair last night. This morning my hair was sooooo shiny when I took it down. Omg. Yes it was a little weighed down but I believe like mz. Diva that it will definitely absorb. When I tell you I been getting so many compliments right and left today and it’s barely noon! Thank you ladies for encouraging me. Pour Shea Butter on everything!!!

I was about to post the same exact thing @caribeandiva . The devil is a lie!!!! Don't let that stylist bring that negative energy to ur hair game @SunkissedLife ... I know you will prove her wrong come dec.... I declare you will get beyond apl and make it into bra strap and further.

Those products sound good btw. Great ingredients. Let us know how they are. I'm always on the lookout for interesting products.

Yes!

I receive it!!

&& will keep y’all updated!!!

I just wanted to stop in and testify that the magical powers of Shea Butter are so amazing everyone must stop and take notice. It is BREAKING NEWS!!

I am on BGLH email list (one of my fav places to get pre-whipped shea butter and omg their whipped cocoa butter is my skin #1fav great for date night ;)

Shea Butter is Harvard approved (because duh!) Excerpt from BGLH email:
Harvard Medical School just released a list of recommendations for dealing with dry winter skin. It includes
1. Avoiding harsh/drying soaps.
2. Showering in warm -- not hot -- water.
3. Applying moisturizers to damp -- not dry -- skin.
4. Using gentle skincare products.
5. Using a humidifier.
6. Using thick creams instead of lotions.
From the article;
"Ointments or creams are much more effective at moisturizing than lotions. Ointments are typically petroleum or lanolin based, and creams tend to be thicker than lotions. Additional moisturizing ingredients to look for include shea butter, olive oil, and jojoba oil."

Shea butter's recognition here is significant because, as a beauty ingredient, it is fairly new to mainstream America. While its softening, healing and moisturizing properties are well-known in Africa (where shea plants originate) the Western world is learning how incredible it really is!

Check out the full Harvard article:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/banishing-dry-winter-skin-2019031416142?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJiLmJpYW5xYUBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJNWnB2NmcifQ==

I just wanted to stop in and testify that the magical powers of Shea Butter are so amazing everyone must stop and take notice. It is BREAKING NEWS!!

I am on BGLH email list (one of my fav places to get pre-whipped shea butter and omg their whipped cocoa butter is my skin #1fav great for date night ;)

Shea Butter is Harvard approved (because duh!) Excerpt from BGLH email:
Harvard Medical School just released a list of recommendations for dealing with dry winter skin. It includes
1. Avoiding harsh/drying soaps.
2. Showering in warm -- not hot -- water.
3. Applying moisturizers to damp -- not dry -- skin.
4. Using gentle skincare products.
5. Using a humidifier.
6. Using thick creams instead of lotions.
From the article;
"Ointments or creams are much more effective at moisturizing than lotions. Ointments are typically petroleum or lanolin based, and creams tend to be thicker than lotions. Additional moisturizing ingredients to look for include shea butter, olive oil, and jojoba oil."

Shea butter's recognition here is significant because, as a beauty ingredient, it is fairly new to mainstream America. While its softening, healing and moisturizing properties are well-known in Africa (where shea plants originate) the Western world is learning how incredible it really is!

Check out the full Harvard article:
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/banishing-dry-winter-skin-2019031416142?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJiLmJpYW5xYUBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJNWnB2NmcifQ==
Really cool!!! Even HARVARD recognizes how amazing shea is for the skin!!!!!

@Chicoro I think I found a dupe for the Fenty body lava at Target. It’s $12 vs $60 for the Fenty one.
View attachment 444871
hmmmm looks cool but like @Chicoro I'm leary about whypeepo stuff for things like this. I wanna look bronzed and i dont know if thats gonna do it. But if you bought it please like chicoro asked please post pics. I'm gonna get a pigment and mix it in my body butter to see what happens. I'll post pics of 1 leg with 1 leg without (good idea chic )

*copied and pasted from the Everyday thread*

I’m in the midst of washing my hair after taking down my yarn braids, so I thought I’d snap a pic real quick. I slathered some leave in spray, Knot Sauce, and Shea Butter while I was removing the shed hair.

Here’s a bonus pic: the big ball is from removing the braids, and the little ball is after I washed. I didn’t use a comb at all throughout this entire process, just finger detangled

Oops, forgot the bonus pic lol:
2wzr1o.jpg

I, Chicoro, nominate and induct @ItsMeLilLucky into the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, this 27th day of March, 2019. Outted in post #1485 for having thick, fast growing hair even though she cuts it off every three days!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

@caribeandiva (L'il Bamboo), do your thing, please!

@ElevatedEnergy

EXCUSE, me!

anigif_sub-buzz-17018-1517395198-15.gif

Hello!
tenor.gif

How are you...

200.gif

Going to tell us you straightened that magnificent head of hair...

tenor.gif

And there is not one single picture?

200.gif

So can we see some pictures please? I understand if you say no, because if you don't share it is usually for a good reason.

giphy.gif

:lachen::lachen::lachen:It's in a twisted bun at the moment but whenever I take it down in a few days, I'll snap a few!

I'm stopping in to say hello! I've been MIA for a little bit, busy with my full time job and also starting a new business. I'm still wearing the crochet bob as a protective style. I just got a new install on the 16th and will probably wear for 4 or 5 more weeks. Then I will let my hair breathe some before my next install on May 18th. I plan to really treat my hair and use Shea butter as much as possible while my hair is out.

Also, I just want to say that Shea Butter is the truth on my edges!

Is it okay to put Shea Butter on my scalp? I want to make sure that I can still reap the benefits of Shea Butter while I'm in a protective style. Maybe I can purchase Shea oil for my scalp. Is it the same as Shea butter, but just in liquid form?

Back