Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2019

What is the length barrier you would like to break through in 2019, with Shea butter's help?

• Top of shoulder length

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Collar bone length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Armpit length

• Between armpit and bra strap length

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bra strap length

Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Between bra strap and waist length

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Waist length

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Whip length

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Hip length

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Tailbone length

• Total voters
I thought my Fake Fenty Lava stuff had improved with my third formulation. I showed my mother.

My mother: Is that grease you put on your chest? You look kind of greasy.
Me: Can't you see the sparkles?
My mother: No.

giphy.gif

FORGET IT!
I'm going to have to just buy some.

No one is messing up my Golden Shea Made Hair Unicorn Groove this Summer, no one!

Last edited:
One of the herd don't need NOTHIN'. She is already got 'Super Fine' Golden Radiant Unicorn down pat.
*Sucks teeth, rolls eyes and looks enviously towards the object of my ire pictured directly below*

body160-jpg.444633

To the contrary! THIS is to what any Unicorn may wish to aspire. Look at the natural, beautiful, golden glow she has. YES, girl, @VictoriousBrownFlower , I have reposted your picture 8 times in the last 3 days. Fenty cosmetics spoke to her and bottled whatever she has and called it 'Body Lava'!
:2inlove::2inlove::blush2::bighug:you too much @Chicoro .

I thought my Fake Fenty Lava stuff had improved with my third formulation. I showed my mother.

My mother: Is that grease you put on your chest? You look kind of greasy.
Me: Can't you see the sparkles?
My mother: No.

FORGET IT!
I'm going to have to just buy some.

No one is messing up my Golden Shea Made Hair Unicorn Groove this Summer, no one!
:rofl:Mama know shes wrong for that.

*copied and pasted from the Everyday thread*

I’m in the midst of washing my hair after taking down my yarn braids, so I thought I’d snap a pic real quick. I slathered some leave in spray, Knot Sauce, and Shea Butter while I was removing the shed hair.

Here’s a bonus pic: the big ball is from removing the braids, and the little ball is after I washed. I didn’t use a comb at all throughout this entire process, just finger detangled

Oops, forgot the bonus pic lol:
2wzr1o.jpg

Attachments

• F45EA378-E945-4F51-B69D-28C42D8316B0.jpeg
    F45EA378-E945-4F51-B69D-28C42D8316B0.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 72CC5343-FC36-4EC5-8EDC-8B3F2EF4F635.jpeg
    72CC5343-FC36-4EC5-8EDC-8B3F2EF4F635.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 32
I washed my hair finally! My comb out was sooooooo easy. I have not combed my hair in about 3 or 4 months. I think. I do my No Comb Method. I had just two, tiny, little tangles.

This is my hair Product Free after just washing and conditioning it. It is still dripping wet in the photos.
It is uber soft and really black in color.

View attachment 444437View attachment 444437 View attachment 444439 View attachment 444441 View attachment 444443 View attachment 444445

View attachment 444447

My hair shrinks up to 1/3 it's length. If I were to let it dry, it would draw up and shrink to my ears. It is so soft. It is so manageable. That is such a wonderful thing for someone who is extremely tender headed who used to have monster tangles. I think my comb out was 15 minutes. Amazing! Yes!

Okay ya'll. That's enough for me this week! I'm quite happy with my progress. Shea butter is really helping me manage my hair so much better.

:drool:

@caribeandiva said,
"APL on me was my Bigfoot and Lochness monster."
I heard it existed but I’ve never seen it for myself. Now I have!! Yay!!

We'll, there he go!
A66Vm6.gif

There she blows!

BrilliantPeriodicBlackbird-max-1mb.gif

Here you are!
66099632-24e2-4816-845c-1b08668179c0-jpeg.444285

And they said:

giphy.gif

And you showed them:

giphy.gif

Let's say it again with a picture of your new epic length:

Time to teach a lesson...
giphy.gif

She said...

"I had so many doubters" when I started back in 2006...

200.gif

Listen up now....

"I was laughed at and ridiculed"....

ExemplaryNiceAyeaye-small.gif

And we back at the Shea Shack had to say:

giphy.gif

Because, girl, here you are:

Just to be doubly sure, we ran it through a formalized test:

giphy.gif

Since the third time is a charm here's your picture again:

The results were consistent.. so finally...Let the Sisters in the House of Shea say,

tenor.gif

Until next time. 'Cause we'll see you at BRA- Strap, baby!

tenor.gif

May the force be with you.

200.gif

The force and power of Queen Shea, of course! In the meantime, continue to strut your stuff.

AIk.gif

Cause you are the epitome of the theme of

this Shea thread: Breaking Barriers!

Congratulations, again!

After 13 years

U is Here!

(It was the last 2 years of Shea use that got her here. It took her 11 years to find her way.)​

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!

:bouncy:

so excited and so happy for you and your bamboo growth sing that Shea shine from the mountain tops !! You all are inspiring me that I too may achieve previously unattainable lengths!! Let’s get it !!!

:circle:

Greetings shea goddesses. mini update: my hair is much darker since the henna + indigo (yay! one color hair lol) but not all the way black, which I'm not surprised since it was my first time.I got a blow out and (unfortunately) much needed (almost an inch) trim over the weekend, my stylist pointed out breakage and said my growth was stagnant :cry3: I rebuke that declaration in the name of Queen Shea and know with consistent use I will break through that period of stagnant growth and reach new lengths. I have noticed breakage and slight shedding ever since I was sick so I will be nursing my hair and depending on the magical powers of Shea Butter to bring my hair back to life. I am claiming APL by December!!

I don't know if I can use Shea Butter while my hair is straight (anyone have success with this?) but starting next wash day I will be nurturing my hair with love and natural products full of great ingredients -- I recently purchased All Things O Natural aka Natty Naturals leave in conditioner and butter <<< first ingredient: unrefined shea butter :2inlove: 2nd is avocado butter so I know my hair will be feeling good. I plan to moisturize and seal in twists or braids twice weekly going forward. I was gonna post a pic but think o gotta wait til my hair starts actin right and lookin good enough for Shea lol length check in my media tho if you’re really interested.

I used to use raw shea to straighten my hair then a light oil and a dab of shea on the ends each night to maintain it. RealQueensRegimen (I don't think her videos are on YT anymore unfortunately) did the same.

I use shea when my hair is straight every day. My mix is shea and olive oil. After I take down my wrap in the morning I will melt some of the butter in my hands and run it over my hair. It really just absorbs into my hair and actually allows me to keep it straight longer than when I use nothing at all.

I use shea when my hair is straight every day. My mix is shea and olive oil. After I take down my wrap in the morning I will melt some of the butter in my hands and run it over my hair. It really just absorbs into my hair and actually allows me to keep it straight longer than when I use nothing at all.
Same. I haven't straightened in about 4 years but shea is great for maintenance. My straight hair didn't last nearly as long before I used shea exclusively for that process.

I was about to post the same exact thing @caribeandiva . The devil is a lie!!!! Don't let that stylist bring that negative energy to ur hair game @SunkissedLife ... I know you will prove her wrong come dec.... I declare you will get beyond apl and make it into bra strap and further.

Those products sound good btw. Great ingredients. Let us know how they are. I'm always on the lookout for interesting products.

Y’all I’m shook!! Why? Because my hair is still straight 2 weeks later and I’ve been wearing it down everyday because it still looks good! That’s a first for me. Even when I was relaxed I never got more than 3-4 days out of professionally straightened hair!! :eek: I don’t know if it’s because it’s my first time getting a silk press, or because my new stylist is bomb, or because I’ve been riding the Shea train, or because my hair is longer now. I don’t know and I don’t care. I won’t change a thing if I’m gonna keep getting results like this!

@SunkissedLife I use whipped Shea Butter to keep my straight hair moisturized before I wrap it at night. My hair does start out weighed down in the morning but it all gets absorbed by the end of the day and my hair is light again. I’m like: where’d it all go?! :lol: Its amazing really.

Back