Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
I just twisted my hair up it took a little over an hour. I used tgin leave in and a Shea butter mix I made a couple of weeks ago. Mix included Shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil and orange oil. I didn't measure anything.
I'm heavy handed so I may have used to much my twists are white I hope they don't stay white. Good thing I'm off tomorrow. I hope to keep these twists in for at least a week. I hope they are decent enough to wear out.View attachment 421857View attachment 421859View attachment 421861View attachment 421863
Girl @Coilystep, Dem twists look so juicy. They remind me of @Saludable84's Heavy sealed twists :lick:.

I made another small batch of Rose Powder, Rose Hip Oil and Unrefined SB.

Nice Blend.:up:

I did the same except I added mango butter, Argan oil, and sweet almond oil. It came out like a sorbet, because of my impatience. I couldn’t wait for it to warm up to room temperature. No worries though. It will “creamify” eventually once it warms up.

I finally washed out my conditioner and slathered my damp hair in SSI Seyani.

@IDareT'sHair and @Aggie What rose powder are you two using?

Yall are making me want to get to mixing...
Believe it or not I am using Hesh Rose Petal Powder and it can be acquired at www.myhenna.us or www.khanapakana.com. I got my last stash from the latter vendor and have not been disappointed. However, I like them both for my ayurveda powder purchases. This powder has a fresh, subtle, lovely rose scent that makes my mixes smell awesome :lick:.

Believe it or not I am using Hesh Rose Petal Powder and it can be acquired at www.myhenna.us or www.khanapakana.com. I got my last stash from the latter vendor and have not been disappointed. However, I like them both for my ayurveda powder purchases. This powder has a fresh, subtle, lovely rose scent that makes my mixes smell awesome :lick:.

Thanks!

All I can say @NappyNelle, don't snooze on this thread :lol:.
LOL I can't! I don't want to miss out!

And how is it that I won't be on the hair side for ONE DAY and yall add 3 pages to the thread?! lol You guys are shea-nuts. :rose:

YES! We are shea -nuts!

Are you Shea-nuts! Shea Butter gone get you, too!

Are you crazy about Shea Butter? Then, you are probably Shea-Nuts!

"Shea-Nuts" coined by @NappyNelle
LHCF Dictionary Entry: "Shea-Nuts"

Adjective: When Shea Butter got you, you are Shea-Nuts!

Pronunciation: ʃiː,ˈʃiːə nʌts

Used in a sentence: Are you crazy about Shea Butter? Then, you are probably Shea-Nuts!

Last edited:
@Chicoro, you are TOO funny! :lol: :lol:

I DC'ed today, then did a LCB
L(eave-in) - Kinky-Curly Knot Today
C(ream) - SSI Moisture Pro Triple Butter Heavy Cream
B(utter) - Blended Shea mixture

This was a great combination. My hair feels maximally moisturized! And I'm not sure if it's just me, but is my hair looking thicker these days??

My hair, when dry in twists, is now super springy. Like, if I pull a twist down and let it go, it SPRINGS back, harder than ever. Anyone else experiencing something like this?

I left my shea butter out all night, but it's still hard.

I guess I should spoon it into a container???? I'm a rookie!

@sunnieb said:
I left my shea butter out all night, but it's still hard.
I guess I should spoon it into a container???? I'm a rookie!

You can add your oils and break it up with a fork and whip it. Whip it, good!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back