Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
You have to do what works best for you and your hair! There are many ladies on LHCF who have found that Shea butter just doesn't work for them. Regarding my hair, it is coarse. I see hair as either high porosity or normal porosity. My hair is normal porosity.

Interesting that your hair is coarse and your strands don’t seem to have a lot of weight, or they have high elasticity.

My coarse strands seem heavy and I don’t have a ton of shrinkage.

Maybe when my hair is more hydrated the elasticity will increase.

Interesting that your hair is coarse and your strands don’t seem to have a lot of weight, or they have high elasticity.

My coarse strands seem heavy and I don’t have a ton of shrinkage.

Maybe when my hair is more hydrated the elasticity will increase.

When l was in high school we were divided into 4 people teams, during 1 biology assignment. The assignment was to contribute a strand of hair and examine it under the microscope. There was a blonde guy, a brown haired girl, a guy with a curly Afro and me. Under the microscope, my hair strands were at least 3x larger in diameter than every hair in my group. My strand literally dwarfed the others.

Yes, my strands are thick, coarse and my hair has lots of shrinkage.

I'm not so sure that elasticity is a component of hydration in terms of how hair hangs. Afro textured hair comes in a myriad of forms and combinations. My dry, product free hair shrinks up to my shoulders and higher.

I do think that because you don't have a ton of shrinkage that you will be able to potentially gain and retain a tremendous amount of length. Your hair is passed your waist, right?

Hey ladies! :wavey:

Have been so ridiculously busy, but I am absolutely still shea slidin'!!! I will be a shea user for LIFE. I've even taken the whipped body butter that I've been making for years to the next level and started a business. :yay: Super excited to watch that flourish.

I won't be renewing my subscription this year for LHCF. I LOVE this place for so many reasons, but my life is beyond hectic and I just need to focus. I'll prolly be back :rolleyes: :lachen: after I get a handle on life and things calm down. But now it's time for me to buckle down and focus on myself, my family, my business, school, and growth overall - including hair. :gorgeous:

Love you ladies, wishing nothing but the best for you all in every aspect of life!

xo
Congratulations!!! I’ll miss you but I get it. So what’s best for you.

@tapioca_pudding & @ElevatedEnergy

You are both leaving LHCF?!?!?! *clutches pearls*

I know I've not been in this thread in a while due to personal reasons, but I am so sorry and sad to see you two ladies leave the forum.

I wish we could all get together and have a going away, but coming back party for you both.

I wish you much luck and continued success. Sad to see you go....

I know you gotta do whatchu gotta do but....

Okay, I've been slacking on my ends routine. If I keep my braids tied up and grease down the ends with castor oil and protect them at night, I seem to have less issues with the ends of my hair.

I can't stop doing my ends routine. I don't want to trim, cut or do anything right now. I want to keep my hair shea'd down, and greasy and leave it alone. I put my cutting shears in a safe place, which even I can't seem to identify. My ends feel good and are very manageable right now. I'll take it day by day.

When l was in high school we were divided into 4 people teams, during 1 biology assignment. The assignment was to contribute a strand of hair and examine it under the microscope. There was a blonde guy, a brown haired girl, a guy with a curly Afro and me. Under the microscope, my hair strands were at least 3x larger in diameter than every hair in my group. My strand literally dwarfed the others.

Yes, my strands are thick, coarse and my hair has lots of shrinkage.

I'm not so sure that elasticity is a component of hydration in terms of how hair hangs. Afro textured hair comes in a myriad of forms and combinations. My dry, product free hair shrinks up to my shoulders and higher.

I do think that because you don't have a ton of shrinkage that you will be able to potentially gain and retain a tremendous amount of length. Your hair is passed your waist, right?

I misread/misunderstood this post for a minute.

My dry product free hair also shrinks up to APL. There’s no curl definition either; it’s just poofy, like a lion’s mane. The caveat to this is as I continue to do the curly girl method my hair is actually starting to become more hydrated and there is some curl definition trying to come through.

I think your hair is healthier than mine so I guess we can’t definitively make any conclusions. My hair is just dry dry dry. Hydrated hair will act differently maybe.

My longest layers (definitely the hair feets) are around WSL when wet with conditioner in it. If I pull them, those same strands can reach close to hip.

Yeah my hair retains length pretty easily (even in my current dehydrated state, it’s still long and thick).

I don’t know where I’m going with this. I’ll stop derailing now :ninja:

Last edited:
I've been wearing my hair straight for a week now. I gave myself a trim (don't spank me @Chicoro, it was needed). I've been using a light oil mix, Entwine Styling creme/ smoothie on my ends and going light handed with my shea butter. It's no longer flat (which I like) and is holding up well with me using perm rods/ flexirods/ 2 bantu knots to set.

And, do you have photos little lady?

Success!
This morning I unraveled my braids to get myself Shea Boo-ed up. My ends were firm from the castor oil, which I like. My braids came out easily and no matted tangled ends.

Conclusion:
  • For my hair, I need to re-do every day ideally, but I cannot let it go passed 2 days.
  • Oil the ends with castor oil at night.
  • Protect my ends at night by putting on top of my head in a bun.
  • If possible, keep my ends protected in a low chignon or bun during the day.

Hey ladies! :wavey:

Have been so ridiculously busy, but I am absolutely still shea slidin'!!! I will be a shea user for LIFE. I've even taken the whipped body butter that I've been making for years to the next level and started a business. :yay: Super excited to watch that flourish.

I won't be renewing my subscription this year for LHCF. I LOVE this place for so many reasons, but my life is beyond hectic and I just need to focus. I'll prolly be back :rolleyes: :lachen: after I get a handle on life and things calm down. But now it's time for me to buckle down and focus on myself, my family, my business, school, and growth overall - including hair. :gorgeous:

Love you ladies, wishing nothing but the best for you all in every aspect of life!

xo

Wait just a minute, Missy. You can't leave.....................until you post a link to your business. :D

Yes, real life can be extremely busy so you go ahead and do what you have to do. I wish you all the best!

OMG. I don't know wt- happened....It took me three hours to detangle my hair last night
I am ashamed to say that I fell off of my Shea Butter Mix routine due to me being a product junkie and trying commercial products. So betrayed Queen Shea.
Every morning, I was wearing my daily puff, rinsing in the morning applying more product for manageablity.
Well last night, I decided I couldn't wait anymore and had to detangle. YOOOOOO!! my hair was hard like, was severely matted and I was like , "I'm about to get the scissors and just do a tapered fade. It was that bad....
So, I washed, deep conditioned and began the process of detangling. I did it in small sections and after applying my leave in- I slathered my shea butter mix. Ran it down the section of hair multiple times and then grabbed my detangling brush. I almost cried. I was able to not break off any hairs and the shea butter helped slide the shed hair that had caused the massive matting to come down to the ends and leave my head

OMG, I am so grateful for shea butter. I'm sorry Queen Shea. Please forgive my treason

I put small twists in my hair as I proceeded through each section and this morning I just have them pinned back away from my face. I don't feel selfie worthy so I didn't take a picture but I am satisfied and oh so grateful

Lawd have mercy

OMG. I don't know wt- happened....It took me three hours to detangle my hair last night
I am ashamed to say that I fell off of my Shea Butter Mix routine due to me being a product junkie and trying commercial products. So betrayed Queen Shea.
Every morning, I was wearing my daily puff, rinsing in the morning applying more product for manageablity.
Well last night, I decided I couldn't wait anymore and had to detangle. YOOOOOO!! my hair was hard like, was severely matted and I was like , "I'm about to get the scissors and just do a tapered fade. It was that bad....
So, I washed, deep conditioned and began the process of detangling. I did it in small sections and after applying my leave in- I slathered my shea butter mix. Ran it down the section of hair multiple times and then grabbed my detangling brush. I almost cried. I was able to not break off any hairs and the shea butter helped slide the shed hair that had caused the massive matting to come down to the ends and leave my head

OMG, I am so grateful for shea butter. I'm sorry Queen Shea. Please forgive my treason

I put small twists in my hair as I proceeded through each section and this morning I just have them pinned back away from my face. I don't feel selfie worthy so I didn't take a picture but I am satisfied and oh so grateful

Lawd have mercy

It's okay, Queen Shea forgives you!

Back