Shea Butter Pre Poo?

iheartcouture

Does anyone use shea butter as a pre-poo treatment? Or use just as a moisturizing treatment under a hair steamer or heating cap?

I don't think that Shea butter can penetrate the hair stand so I save it for after wash moisturizing. Olive, coconut, and I think Argan oil can penetrate the stand if you are looking for a prepoo oil.

Oils for pre pooing protect the hair from the stripping affects of shampoo, which Shea butter would do, but it is only on the surface so it will be washed away. If the oil penetrates the strand it can reduce hydral fatigue and provide benefits for longer than an oil that only sits on the surface.

I don't think that Shea butter can penetrate the hair stand so I save it for after wash moisturizing. Olive, coconut, and I think Argan oil can penetrate the stand if you are looking for a prepoo oil. Oils for pre pooing protect the hair from the stripping affects of shampoo, which Shea butter would do, but it is only on the surface so it will be washed away. If the oil penetrates the strand it can reduce hydral fatigue and provide benefits for longer than an oil that only sits on the surface.

Oh this makes so much sense. I'll stick to avocado oil for pre poos. Guess I'll have to figure out how else to use up all this shea butter I bought

Back