She ripped out my hair...

bellydancer

cry3.gif
man.... i wanna cry for real. I just got these cute "janet jackson" (box braids) braids put in and the girl that did them was ripping out my natural when she was combing it! She does the cutest braid for under $100. Every other hair dresser charges me over $200 so of course my wallet draws me to her. I'm afraid to see what my hair looks like when I take these braids down. Even more important what do I do next time!!! I'm trying to stay in braids for the first semester in college (get them redone every month) but it's either a hurting on my wallet or a hurting on my hair. (stupid college budget) I CAN'T WIN
wallbash.gif
!!! I did have some questions but I'm so sad that I can't even think of them right now.

sigh....this goes out to all the healthy hair that was brutally murdered (altho it was already dead)
violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif

Wow, sorry to hear that
frown.gif
. I totally feel your pain. Last time I went to get a relaxer, and it was the longest time I had ever waited (11 weeks as opposed to the 6-8 week time frame I was using), the stylist was ripping throught my new growth as she was parting through my sections to apply the relaxer. When it was all said and done, there were some clumps on the floor. And the annoying thing is that like you, the end result is that my hair does look cute, and the rough handling was the only real issue I had with her (she definitely is not scissor happy and she does not leave the relaxer on too long either). But I'm starting to realize that the key to conquering this hair growth thing is to focus on long term outcomes rather than the short term stuff.

Thus, I'm also starting to believe that the issue is big enough that I will opt not to go back to her next touchup time... and this is despite the fact that I probably will not even wait as long (for the entirely separate reason that my hair shed too much for my comfort waiting that long). So I probably won't even be as thick and hard to manage next time. But I think I was peeved enough that I don'twant to stay with her. Maybe you should do the same despite her low prices...

DO NOT LET THAT CHICK BACK IN UR HAIR
nono.gif
Yeah $100 or less is nice, HOWEVER, her "heavy hand" is gonna cost u a lot more in the long run... a lot more meaning damaged, broken, jacked up hair. I'm sorry luv, I don't have any (short term) alternatives for u.... I'm just looking out for ur long term hair health
cool.gif

Best Wishes

Okay so if you were going to spend 100/month X4 months. You have allocated 400 for your braid this semester right ? So
smile.gif
now that they are in why don't you just get the hairline retouched next month for say 50-60 dollars(that should be right it is usually 25 when the whole thing cost 100). Then when month 3 comes around you can spend 200 for a better braider and have 40-50 left for a hairline redo in month 4. I am like you I like to get my braids redone monthly so I understand if you don't think you could wait that long. Being a student sucks financially.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay so if you were going to spend 100/month X4 months. You have allocated 400 for your braid this semester right ? So
smile.gif
now that they are in why don't you just get the hairline retouched next month for say 50-60 dollars(that should be right it is usually 25 when the whole thing cost 100). Then when month 3 comes around you can spend 200 for a better braider and have 40-50 left for a hairline redo in month 4. I am like you I like to get my braids redone monthly so I understand if you don't think you could wait that long. Being a student sucks financially.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that is a good idea. I just might have to do that. I don't want to go bald messing wit that lady. I was thinking about having my friend do them. She's my college roommate also. My friends are the only people I know that aren't rough with my hair or hard on my pockets. Thank all of you ladies.

I am sorry to hear this...

I think that braiding is the kind of industry that lends itself to "home entrepreneurs," if you know what I mean...
wink.gif

When I was in school, I would ask someone who had nice braids who did her hair. That's how I would find someone who could "do hair" on the cheap. I have had really nice braids done for $40-$80 depending on the style.

The best story is of Mary Jane, who would do my hair, watch TV, gossip with her neighbors, take smoke breaks, read her magazines (lol)--ALL at the same time
whyme.gif
. I remember once getting smaller braids and going home with half a head done but Mary Jane could do hair...

All I am trying to say is, if you need to spend the $100, you could probably find someone who does it at home for way lower than that price. I didn't do this back then but you may want to interview or consult before your appointment just to make sure that you are all on the same page before starting.

Chichi
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT LET THAT CHICK BACK IN UR HAIR
nono.gif
Yeah $100 or less is nice, HOWEVER, her "heavy hand" is gonna cost u a lot more in the long run... a lot more meaning damaged, broken, jacked up hair. I'm sorry luv, I don't have any (short term) alternatives for u.... I'm just looking out for ur long term hair health
cool.gif

Best Wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!
Rose.gif

I had a similar situation 3 weeks ago. Usually I would get micros,but this time I got my own hair cornrowed. This woman done ripped out my hair. Every time she parted my hair all I saw was clumps of my hair on the floor. And when I confronted her about it she had the nerve to say that my hair is to thick. But then she told the other braider in her native tongue that my hair was to nappy (the don't know that I understand them).

I was worried that I would be bald when I took the braids out, I wasn't but I will never put myself in that trauma ever again. This weekend I did my own braids/twists it suprising came out into a very cute style (for my 1 st try).

Has anyone gotten their hair braided at Khamit Kinks in NYC?

You should have told her to ease up on your head or better yet. lie and say that you are tender headed.

Girl, I feel your pain. Two months ago I got my hair braided in cornrolls. The lady was rough and braided too tight. When I took my braids out 5 weeks later my edges were gone. Boy was I
angry2.gif
. I also think more hair than usual came out as well. So please do not let her back in your head.

[ QUOTE ]
You should have told her to ease up on your head or better yet. lie and say that you are tender headed.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not a lie!! lol it hurts when i comb my hair. The comb glides through smoothly but it hurts later. U can imagine how I feel after braids!
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
then she told the other braider in her native tongue that my hair was to nappy (the don't know that I understand them).

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol I went to this african shop (they charged me $250 and did a horrible job) and they did the same thing! The lady called one of her friends over and started speaking (not english!) then she laughed and walked away. She started combing my hair and was just like "HERE!!! You comb hair." I looked at her all confused and thinking "I coulda did my own hair at home." It was funny tho when I think back on it
laugh.gif

Back