she/he said what

chebaby

time for compliments!!!!!!!
what has someone said to you in the last couple of weeks about your hair or anything else that just made your day.

i'll go first. this past weekend my brother said "oh yeah babygirl your hair is growing"
then my male best friend said im halfway to mid back

then today this guy i work with was walking behaind me. and when he called after me he said "what are you doing? 5 months ago your hair wasnt swinging down your back like that" then later on he touched my stomach and said "you're slimming down to, that aint there no more"

i been cheesing ever since.

One lady at work told me that I have such thick hair and another told me that my hair always looks so healthy.

:drunk:

My stylist (whom I haven't been to in about 11 months) said with her Jamaican accent: "Your hair grew up!" :lachen:I was very proud at how hair I can since I last saw her.

A few weeks ago, My SO told me one night (when I went into detail about my hair desires and how my hair is growing better since I found the forum)" you gon have hair down your back." It was the way he said it --so full of belief and confidence--touched my heart. If there was ever a voice in his head saying :nono: "poor delusional woman," he deserves an Oscar, lol.

Nothing to do with hair- my older male cousin told me a few days ago (keep in mind there are like 8-10 people at my mum's at any one time) "What do you mean you're leaving? the house will be dead without you, your personality lights up everywhere":grin:

An older woman said to me "What's your hurry I mean you can't be more than 18/19" I'm in my mid twenties:rolleyes: it was nice to hear though:look:

My mother said that my hair is long and look so nice.

What she means is: I've never seen your hair this long and healthy for more than a few years. I can't believe it hasn't broken off yet. I wonder if you'll be bald headed again?...:lachen:

What she doesn't know is how much I've learned about hair; and that I could teach her a few things. And that no, I won't be bald headed again; cause I've made sure this time around that I've learned all I need to know and more...thank God. :yep:
Sorry, lengthy vent. :lachen:

But on a good note: I've gotten a few compliments from my LHCF sistas... :-)

Last edited:
Every weekend I wear my hair down my boyfriend consistently asks me if I'm wearing a weave with this surprised/in awe look on his face :grin: It always makes me feel very special

My hair must be on point today! Yesterday, too, since it's the same twistout. The lady at the post office told me my hair was cute. A lady at the fast food store told me it was cute. A dude in the produce store said he liked my hair and asked me how I did it. Then he asked was the okra I was buying for dinner for me and him. Yeah, whatever, dude, why you ain't got all your teeth? No, I am not about to get in the car with you, I know you think you flossing cuz you got a Hummer, but 1) I hate them things, I think they're ridiculous considering the parking in Chicago, gas prices, and how they use natural resources and 2) obviously you got problems with priorities if you got a Hummer and complaining on the cost of a crown. I got all my teeth, if you step to me, please have all of yours, at least in the front. But that's alright, I felt instantly better when the fine @$$ dude working on the apt. complex that's opening around the corner told me that it was a beautiful day and we need more of them and when I told him yes it was but unfortunately we live in Chicago he was like "well if there are women walking around like you I'll deal with it." Nice body, cute in the face, too. :lick: I'ma walk back that way tomorrow and see if I see him, maybe walk a little more slowly, maybe drop my keys or something, you know, slooowly pick them up all sexy like . . .

Last edited:
An older gentleman that I worked with last week asked me, "Are you letting your hair grow longer? It looks longer and it looks good."

That TOTALLY made my day.

I took out my sew in yesterday, and today wanted to stop at the beauty supply after picking up SO from work. He told me, " No, don't go there, you hair looks much better. I was just telling a lady at work about what you are doing. Keep it up. I am proud of you.":rolleyes:He loves to see the little kinks come in!:grin:

:nicethread: My boyfriend told me my hair was growing and getting longer...:yay: He could not deny it.

:ha::hand: IN UR FACE! After telling me that I was obsessed and I should just leave my hair alone and come off the forum :grin:.

a while back i was wearing my hair in a braid out. i was walking with a guy i had just meet and he asked me who did my hair. i said i did it myself and he was like really? wow how'd you do that? i said all i did was braid my hair in two french braids and. . . and he cut me off with, "THATS ALL YOUR HAIR??":shocked: i said yeah, who would wear a weave this bad? (mind you, i had been wearing my braid out for almost 13 hours and had been to the gym and had it up in a clip). this man was even checking for tracks, feeling all on my scalp. he then ended with, you got some good hair ma.

when i meet his friend he couldnt stop staring at my hair. couldnt believe i did it myself and that it was all mine:yep: all mine:grin:

I received 2 pm's within a couple of days from lhcf sistas saying my hair was prety and they had noticed the growth! Made me feel really warm and good inside:spinning:.

My father made a comment about my ends. I have been trimming off some damaged hair and he said that it looks much thicker and that my color looked nice.

On the way out for lunch a few days ago, one of the officers stationed at our door said, "Your hair looks nice" :grin:...then I walked outside and the wind tore me up...:lachen:

Like Coffee, I also received 2 PM's from members complimenting my hair :drunk:. It felt good to know that they noticed my progress. (Thanks Coffee!)

One day I wore my hair down at the gym and a lady came up to me after class to tell me that my hair was pretty and what do I do to it because she wanted to know. I told her about LHCF.

A couple of people told me that my skin was pretty and glowing. Hmmm :scratchch…those LA peels and flaxseed oil really does work.

I went to my BFF's graduation this weekend and while I was trying to fix my hair outside these two black men in a porshe...:grin: said "You're gorgeous"..it was the way they said it and the look in their eyes.

Also, random people always asks me how do I get my hair to do "that" (meaning curl).

I went to a club Saturday night and this woman came up to me and my friend and told us how she does weaves professionally and tries to make them look as natural as our real hair. :grin:

Someone asked me if I was wearing a fall/wig because my hair is so thick.

"damn girl you look like Stacy Dash!!" loland that girl is fine from her hair to her toes!!
I got this monday after I conditioned washed on sunday, blew out with lacio lacio/serum/ flat ironed with my Chi and some nexxus heat protect, went to my College graduation, wrapped at night, and had a job interview the next day:)

I wore my hair down for a weekend get together with coworkers. No real style, just didn't put the ponytail holder in. My stylenista coworker said "I have never seen your hair down before but It. Is. Gorgeous. Made my day! :grin:

Nothing major .. my SO .. or whatever he is to me. I'll call him my good friend for the sake of this post.

My good friend was sitting on a desk and hovering above .. and smoothed my bun and said "I like them waves yo .." and now hes always touching them.

I had just got out of the shower and my hair was dripping wet and laying flat against my back. My husband looked up and said "Wow your has really grown". The way he said it was priceless.

My stylist (whom I haven't been to in about 11 months) said with her Jamaican accent: "Your hair grew up!" :lachen:I was very proud at how hair I can since I last saw her.

Aww, too cute. Your hair grew up!:lachen:

I also haven't been to my old stylist in 11 months. :grin:

Back